Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
AMBER, Stony Point, NC June 29, 2013
“How AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS are these strawberries! They are sweet and chewy and make a great snack!! I read an article on Foods that fight inflammation, http://fxn.ws/11TVvW2 and here's what they wrote about strawberries...
"Studies have shown, for example, that red raspberry extract helped prevent animals from developing arthritis; that blueberries can help protect against intestinal inflammation and ulcerative colitis; and that women who eat more strawberries have lower levels of CRP in their blood."
I love how these are good for you and taste so delicious! My order was delivered so quickly! I'll definitely order again! These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers!”
ryan, mesa, az June 28, 2013
“You guys were super fast in delivery. I ordered the strawberries and jackfruit. All I can say is wow. You guys keep up the good work I will be ordering again.”
neil, columbus, ne June 28, 2013
“arrived in good order, tried a strawberry and it was great. Also, thanks for the figs.
Susan, Saltillo, Texas June 17, 2013
“The dried strawberries are delicious, will order again. And these fellows are a bunch of nuts! ”
Jose, Harker Heights, Texas June 12, 2013
“The first time I had your products was in Afghanistan about a week ago. The Strawberries and Apples were amazing. Later that night I ordered some for my family in Texas and for myself. It will be a great healthy substitute for crackers.”
mira, winston-salem, nc June 8, 2013
“got my order early this morning. the strawberries are like no other dried berry I have had before. just like candy. the acai blueberry cereal taste incredible. I'm snacking on them as I write. thank you for the free veggie chips. who knew healthy snacking could taste so good.”
Monique, South Ozone Park, NY May 16, 2013
“OMG! Those dried strawberries are excellent! The jalapeno cheddar sticks rock! I had to put it away, before I ate the bag! EXCELLENT SNACKS! ”
Sherry, Vineland, New Jersey May 10, 2013
“OK...you've totally blown my mind (again). I ordered early last evening and my shipment was here around noon!!! If only the rest of the world could use your magic!!!! And since they arrived today I decided to give the Berry Mix and the Dried Strawberries to Mom for Mother's Day!!! Since I've had them before I KNOW they are to die for!!! I already tried the Veggie Chip sample....very yummy! Thank you! I can't wait to dive into the Dried Kiwi and the Freeze Dried Bananas. Thank you so much for the amazing products you offer and your awesome customer service. And btw....I think I read your Grandpa's name was Saul, my Grandpa's last name was Saul! And we are a really nutty group too!
Have a great weekend! Sherry”
James, Chicago, Illinois May 9, 2013
“The strawberries are great. I'll be ordering more soon.”
Rebecca, Bowie, MD May 8, 2013
“The dried strawberries are INCREDIBLY sweet. If you are looking for a strawberry jam gummies - you will love them. If you are looking for more of a natural flavor this may not be for you.”
Showing 81-90 of 310
FRANCISCA, Phoenix, AZ October 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|