Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lani, Honolulu, Hi May 4, 2013
“My first order arrived a day later than predicted. Not an big issue, we were just that much more excited when it arrived. The extra ginger sample was a nice surprise but the biggest surprise was those crispy veges. My kids just LOVED them!!!! We also loved the dried strawberries, so plump and tasty. We had to stop ourselves from ripping open all the bags to try everything. Will definitely be ordering again!!! My mom asked about the shipping costs and I just popped one of those sweet crispy carrot chips in her mouth! Now she wants her own stash! LOL!! ”
Mary , Wells, ME May 1, 2013
“Love your products. Tried the dried strawberries and couldn't stop eating them. I will try the Berry Mix tomorrow. Thank you so much for the quality products and Great Customer Service! A++++++++”
Glinda, ga April 26, 2013
“These products are all delicious!!!! I got shelled brazil nuts, raw cashews and the best ever dried strawberries. Swift shipping. Fantastic experience!!!!!!”
Jennifer, Fort McMurray, AB April 25, 2013
“I just tried these dried strawberries in the berry mix. They are fantastic. My mouth hasn't stopped watering since I ate the first one. Next order I will be ordering a whole bag!
Thomas, Angle Inlet, MN April 16, 2013
“Thanks for being there, I love your nuts and dried fruit. Thanks again!
Betty April 11, 2013
“Received first order. Both my order and the gift order for my sister-in-law met and exceeded my expectations. Dried strawberries...delicious! Will be ordering again.”
Karen, Keizer, OR March 26, 2013
“Yes, I received my order of dried dates, figs, apricots and strawberries. Haven't tried the dates or figs yet, but have every confidence they will be delicious. I loved the strawberries especially because they retained their fresh color and tasted wonderful. I figured the picture of the strawberries would not be true. But, happily, they are fresh not like other dried strawberries that turn black when dried. Love the sample size too. Will take advantage of purchasing a sample size of other products I want to try before purchasing a large amount. Great products, great service! I will order from Nuts.com in the future! Thanks so much for the quality products you sell.”
Theresa, Reading, MA March 21, 2013
“I ordered on Tuesday and my shipment arrived Thursday ! The fruits are perfect as always. I received a free sample of dried strawberries, and they are so good I'm ordering them now ! Love,Love,Love all of your products.”
Jade Kent, St. Marie, Montana March 13, 2013
“Ordered on a Thursday, received the following Wednesday (that's quick for out here!). First taste was of the dried strawberries. Amazing. So glad I found this site - I haven't been able to get coconut flour, almond flour or many other things easily since relocating from CA last fall. This will definitely be a regular part of my grocery "shopping" from now on. ”
Eric, North Kingstown, RI March 7, 2013
“We received a free sample of these in our first order. My daughter loves them so much, I am ordering a whole bag on my second order.
Showing 81-90 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|