Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Anne January 10, 2013
“Just received my first order from nuts.com. Came when promised, packaged well, and the dried strawberries are amazing. I can't wait to try everything else. ”
Michelle, OH January 5, 2013
“Thanks so much for the fast delivery. Of all the different items I ordered, I really liked the Honey roasted cashews and dried strawberries. This was my first order and will definitely be ordering again. Great experience.”
ML, Nyc, ny January 3, 2013
“Fresh packaging. Loved the dried strawberries and veggie chips. Thank you nuts.com.”
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas December 27, 2012
“Love the strawberries! Can't find any like these anywhere else. I also buy the cacao nibs to use in smoothies and yogurt. My orders always ship promptly and they have excellent customer service.”
Delia, Katy, Texas December 22, 2012
“OMG....I got my order.....it's ALL so good....the nuts and dries strawberries....THE BOMB!!! Will reorder soon :-) ...worth very penny!”
Dave, Toledo, Ohio December 15, 2012
“I hope you are all proud of yourselves ! You've unleashed another DRIED FRUIT JUNKY into this world !!!”
Elaine, Brandon, MS December 7, 2012
“Once again my pkg arrived in record time. Dried strawberries and dried Edamame are awesome. Everything else looks wonderful. Can't wait to share everything with family and friends. Thanks again. Elaine”
Mimi, Pensacola, FL December 7, 2012
“These strawberries are ridiculously good, and the Turkish nuts and seeds are as good as what we had purchased in a market ourselves while visiting Turkey. We will be coming back for more. Thank you!!!”
Vanessa, Sandisfield, MA December 7, 2012
“24 hr shipping???? Amazing. I don't know how you do it considering how far off the beaten path I live. I have to say dried strawberries are the most addictive thing I've ever had. Blows any of those "fruit snacks" out of the water. I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you now :)
Angela, Russellville, AL December 6, 2012
“I have ordered many items from Nuts. All are very tasty and typically ship within hours of placing my order. I highly recommend the dried strawberries. This is a great company and I hope they are around for many years. ”
Showing 71-80 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|