Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Michelle, Columbus, Ohio March 7, 2012
“It looks like we have new online friends. Delivery came right when promised. Have not tested the baking ingredients yet. The chocolate covered pecans are WONDERFUL. And my son is totally in love with the dried strawberries. ”
Sarah Pavlick, Philadelphia, PA March 7, 2012
“Your dried strawberries are to die for! Seriously the sweetest and tastiest dried fruit i've ever had. They're almost better than eating a fresh strawberry! I need to stock up on these!”
Linda March 7, 2012
“Okay, where to begin? The sour tart cherries are amazing. The strawberries awesome. The edamame great. The dates wonderful. Still need to try the rest. But I'll spread the work. Great job.”
Cheri, right, here February 29, 2012
“I love your nuts. I will be back for more. Those dried strawberries are really really good they are like candy.
i am glad to have found you nutty guys.”
Teri, Concord, NC February 28, 2012
“Everything I ordered is wonderful. The dried strawberries, peaches, green beans chips, okra chips, carrot chips, veggie chips, roasted sunflower seeds, and sun dried tomatoes. I also ordered the fava beans, very different and an aquired taste. Shipment came quickly and definitely will be ordering again.”
Terry, East Stroudsburg, PA February 28, 2012
“OMG these are delicious! More like Candy than dried strawberries! You will love them.
Bonnie, Pleasant Hill, CA February 28, 2012
“I always thought nuts were just nuts until I received my order from you. They seem fresher and more flavorful than any I pick up in the grocery store. I appreciate you getting them to me so quickly. Your dried strawberries are delicious. You will be receiving another order soon since I can't stop eating.”
Kimberly February 21, 2012
“I ordered my dried strawberries on a Monday at 6pm and they were at my door the next day by noon! And the strawberries are incredible. Just what I was looking for and by far the largest I have had. Delish! Will definitely order again and soon. Thanks!”
Halcyon, Far Rockaway, New York February 18, 2012
“These strawberries are simply delicious!!! will be ordering more once these are done.
Wonderful SUPER SPEEDY Service as usual! Thanks so much!”
Floria, illinois February 14, 2012
“Always a pleasure to receive my pkg from Nuts.com....Plums were spectacular, husband loved them. Again the dried strawberries are my favorite. I ordered the dried cantaloupe for the first time and we really love them. thank you so much for the free veggie chips. Very very tasty and healthy. So happy with all I get from Nuts.com. thank you very much for the fast delivery. ”
Showing 71-80 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|