Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Genny August 3, 2012
“We really love the dried strawberries - both the regular and the baby strawberries. Also the Georgia Pecans are wonderful. Can't get enough. They are a real treat and good for you too!!!”
Dennis C Boyer July 19, 2012
“The strawberries are delicious as well as the little extra treat. Thanx.”
Rachel, Covington, IN July 13, 2012
“WOW!!! I expected a great product after reading other testimonials, but I was blown away by how awesome everything was! Of course I had to taste everything right away. It all tasted so fresh!! These are definitely some of my new favorites!! ”
Marcia June 29, 2012
“Yum! Glad I found your site. We're getting ready to leave on our Oregon State Wagon Train and I couldn't find any dried apples locally. So good! The dried Strawberries are awesome! Thanks! I'll be ordering from you again! I'd love to try the veggie chips.”
Christine, Livermore, Maine June 21, 2012
“Wow, super fast shipping and the dried strawberries are to die for!!! Wish I had bought more than one bag. Will be back!”
Melissa, Pittsburgh, PA June 13, 2012
“I received a small bag of these as a gift with my order. OOOOMMMMGGGG!!!! They are so incredibly delicious that I consider them better than candy! Really, buy these and do yourself a huge flavor favor!!!!”
Lynda, Puyallup, WA June 6, 2012
“I make biscotti and the strawberries you sell are THE BEST ever. Mix them with almonds and white chocolate chips and you will be, as I am, the Biscotti Queen. Thanks, Nuts.com! ”
Diana, Arlington, Texas June 5, 2012
“Yes indeed, I received my dried strawberries; a day earlier than expected. :>) I have not tried them yet, but I'm sure they are good. Your customer service is awesome and I will recommend your company to others.
Gerard , Chicago, Ill June 1, 2012
“I never had dried strawberries and thought I would try some and they are absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! and great delivery!! Enjoy you guys so much!!!!”
Jeffrey, Liverpool, NY May 16, 2012
“Can't believe I found your site. Was just cruising around and ended up clicking on your site. Everything looked good so I decided to place an order. Best decision I've made in a long time. The things I ordered are extraordinary! You will definitely be getting more orders from me! The whole wheat blueberry bars are fantastic and the dried strawberries are unbelievable but without a doubt the best are the dark chocolate malted milk balls are to die for.”
Showing 71-80 of 243
3cedarsfarm, New Oxford, PA December 4, 2013
“OMG! Just received my order, fast as usual, and in the box, as usual, was a free sample. Dried strawberries. They were sooo good, the bag is empty and for as much as I love candy, I could give it up with a regular supply of those. Going to order some now!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|