Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
3cedarsfarm, New Oxford, PA December 4, 2013
“OMG! Just received my order, fast as usual, and in the box, as usual, was a free sample. Dried strawberries. They were sooo good, the bag is empty and for as much as I love candy, I could give it up with a regular supply of those. Going to order some now!”
Debra, Wing, ND November 25, 2013
“Thank you for the GREAT Strawberries!
Ashley Berry Candy Company”
Josh, Live oak, Fl October 26, 2013
“One word. AMAZING! No one ever told me that dried strawberries were sweeter than candy. And the fruit bars and superfood cereals - primo for sure. I'll be ordering again.”
Isabel, Maine October 1, 2013
“Just received my first order from you nutty folks and am having a lot of fun trying everything out! It all passes with flying colors! The nibs and the strawberries go wonderful together! I'll be back! Thanks so much.”
Rachel, Fort Walton Beach, FL September 19, 2013
“I was so excited to get my package! My favorites so far are the strawberries, the Cacao Goji energy squares, and the wasabi beans. Will order more stuff soon! Thanks for my yummy treats!!”
Casey, Franklin, Pa September 10, 2013
“Love love love everything I've ever gotten from nuts.com! Super fast shipping, super yummy products, especially those dried strawberries and marshmallow coffee! I adore you guys and I promise you will continue to have lots of business from me! :)”
Faith, Chester, Virginia September 5, 2013
“Both my friend and I get products from Nuts.com. We enjoy what we order but we always get excited waiting to see what samples you put in the bag. I bought a bag of the dried strawberries for my Uncle to try. I know he is going to love them as much as I do.
I love all of the new products that I see on the site. You do a great job. Keep it up. ”
Keyonna, Shreveport, Louisiana August 22, 2013
“I love nuts.com! This is my second time ordering from them, and each time the shipping has been great. They have exceptional customer service. The packaging was very cute and colorful. I ordered the mushroom chips, cranberry granola kale chips, dried strawberries, and coconut flour. All the items were fresh. The mushroom chips were good, the Kale chips were okay. The strawberries were delicious.”
Chris, Decatur, IL August 11, 2013
“Honestly, when I first discovered this site, all the reviews were so stellar, I assumed it was probably mostly employees of the company posting fake reviews on everything to make the products seem better than they are. How wrong I was! I have spent a few hundred dollars on you guys in the past month or so, and I can't stop! Pound after pound of dried strawberries and philippine mangos get shoveled into my mouth a week. Seriously, thank you so much! My friends tell me that I rave about you guys so much that I should be a paid spokesperson, and I have already convinced tons of people to start ordering from you guys. Keep up the good work!”
Nathan, Ewa Beach, HI July 31, 2013
“Received my order. I love the dried pears and strawberries. They taste really good.”
Showing 51-60 of 294
Kayle, Estes Park, CO August 28, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|