Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sharyn, Melfa, Virginia October 28, 2012
“Just as I expected, I LOVE the dried strawberries. They taste like summer. I used the Farro in a salad recipe today and was very pleased with the result. My sense is that farro is a high soluble fiber grain.”
Tiffany, Latham, NY October 26, 2012
“recently ordered some dried mangos and much to my surprise there was a sample of the dried strawberries i had also been eyeing. i took that little sample bag to work and enjoyed each strawberry in the little pouch. must say im loving them and plan on ordering them next time around.”
Faisal, Annandale, Virginia October 18, 2012
“Fast delivery, beautiful packing and the most important Great quality. Dried Strawberries were the best. Will order more and last be not least it's 5 stars service. ”
Debbie, Missouri October 11, 2012
“This was my 1st order, but will not be my last! Everything is wonderful! The strawberries and kiwi are especially good. Thanks for the mixed berry gift! So glad I found your website. I've already emailed friends to recommend it. Very fast shipping! Love the shipping box & packaging too!!”
Steven, Bellmore, NY October 2, 2012
“Nuts.com is great! The shipping was extremely fast. Everything ordered tastes phenominal! But I wouldn't expect any less after reading other reviews on their website. Dried strawberries are to die for and my girlfriend really liked the persimmons. Vegan gummy candies are all delicious and nutritious. Will definitely be ordering more super foods in the future. Ps. Thanks for the free berry sample, I loved it.”
megan, Front Royal, Virginia September 25, 2012
“These are absolutely a sinful treat. they are addictive!!”
Russell T Ingram, Seattle, WA September 11, 2012
“Thanks for all the yummy goodies and especially the bonus figs. They're on my list now. The strawberries are amazing.
laurie , broadview heights, ohio September 9, 2012
“I am very pleased with our order . The dried strawberries are huge and sooooooo good.”
Alexis, Louisiana September 5, 2012
“Everything arrived on time (two different shipping locations) and unmelted! The Dried Strawberries are fabulous and work great for my sweet tooth. The Antioxidant Mix was interesting- tart, sweet, crunchy, chocolatey...Can't wait to try the Chili Lemon Pistachios!”
Lori, Puyallup, Washington August 31, 2012
“I have just received my second shipment of coconut from Nuts.com (awesome, by the way) and was given a sample packet of the dried strawberries. I never EVER would have thought I'd like dried strawberries (or any other dried fruit for that matter), but it was out of this world!
I plan to buy a bag next time I order (and probably try other dried fruit because I just might change how I feel about dried fruit in general after this experience!”
Showing 41-50 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|