Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Faith, Chester, Virginia September 5, 2013
“Both my friend and I get products from Nuts.com. We enjoy what we order but we always get excited waiting to see what samples you put in the bag. I bought a bag of the dried strawberries for my Uncle to try. I know he is going to love them as much as I do.
I love all of the new products that I see on the site. You do a great job. Keep it up. ”
Keyonna, Shreveport, Louisiana August 22, 2013
“I love nuts.com! This is my second time ordering from them, and each time the shipping has been great. They have exceptional customer service. The packaging was very cute and colorful. I ordered the mushroom chips, cranberry granola kale chips, dried strawberries, and coconut flour. All the items were fresh. The mushroom chips were good, the Kale chips were okay. The strawberries were delicious.”
Chris, Decatur, IL August 11, 2013
“Honestly, when I first discovered this site, all the reviews were so stellar, I assumed it was probably mostly employees of the company posting fake reviews on everything to make the products seem better than they are. How wrong I was! I have spent a few hundred dollars on you guys in the past month or so, and I can't stop! Pound after pound of dried strawberries and philippine mangos get shoveled into my mouth a week. Seriously, thank you so much! My friends tell me that I rave about you guys so much that I should be a paid spokesperson, and I have already convinced tons of people to start ordering from you guys. Keep up the good work!”
Nathan, Ewa Beach, HI July 31, 2013
“Received my order. I love the dried pears and strawberries. They taste really good.”
Megan, St. Louis, MO July 29, 2013
“I cannot get enough of these dried strawberries! They are chewy, and sweet, almost like candy. I have ordered them many times, and they are always great.”
Natoya, Millington, Tennessee July 26, 2013
“Oh my Goodness!!! I'm Nutty for Nuts.com!!! Everything was so yummy. The dried strawberries and veggie chips are to die for!!! I just put in my second order. Can't wait!! Love u Nuts”
AMBER, Stony Point, NC July 14, 2013
“I absolutely LOVE your delicious dried strawberries! They are such a delicious, chewy, full of flavor snack! These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers too!”
Dhanya, Phoenix, AZ July 11, 2013
“I absolutely adore nuts.com. I have been buying tasty treats from you for a year or so now and I am continually recommending this amazing website to friends and family. Everything is extremely fresh, nicely packaged, and delicious, and there is such a wide variety of products. The dried strawberries, habanero beef jerky, and chocolate covered pretzels are some of my favorites. I am certainly a lifetime customer.”
AMBER, Stony Point, NC June 29, 2013
“How AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS are these strawberries! They are sweet and chewy and make a great snack!! I read an article on Foods that fight inflammation, http://fxn.ws/11TVvW2 and here's what they wrote about strawberries...
"Studies have shown, for example, that red raspberry extract helped prevent animals from developing arthritis; that blueberries can help protect against intestinal inflammation and ulcerative colitis; and that women who eat more strawberries have lower levels of CRP in their blood."
I love how these are good for you and taste so delicious! My order was delivered so quickly! I'll definitely order again! These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers!”
ryan, mesa, az June 28, 2013
“You guys were super fast in delivery. I ordered the strawberries and jackfruit. All I can say is wow. You guys keep up the good work I will be ordering again.”
Showing 21-30 of 258
Theresa, Maplewood, NJ March 2, 2014
“A Gem in My Own Backyard!
What an amazing website with amazing variety. I wanted to order everything but I ordered 5 different dried fruit, shaved coconut, dark chocolate and olives. I was absolutely satisfied with everything I received. The strawberries tasted like they were just picked the day before. Again, AMAZING! I will be a repeat customer. Thank you Nuts.com!!!!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|