Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carrie, Iowa April 2, 2008
“I just got my dried strawberries and cantaloupe today,as promised. I have to say it is great. I just can't seem to keep my hands out of bag. Will be ordering from you again !!! Keep up the good work.”
Kathryn, Williamsburg, VA March 30, 2008
“Absolutely delicious!!! A few years back, I studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and in the San Lorenzo food market, many vendors sold dried fruit and I was obsessed with their dried "fragoles" or strawberries. I have been searching for some here in the states and I have found some at last! I can't wait to try your other dried fruits. They are seriously addicting!”
Jessica, Bossier City, LA February 26, 2008
“The picture for the Ultimate Malted Milk Balls do NO justice! These things are HUGE! My fiance loves them. He eats one with his morning coffee. Strawberries are awesome. Ginger is superb, Cantaloupe is juicy and yummy! As a first time customer, you had me at hello! I will definitely buy again (very soon).”
Dianna, Brooklyn, NY February 21, 2008
“These are beyond delicious. It's like eating candy. Ordering 4 more right now. Btw, ordered them yesterday and they arrived today at no extra cost...too kewl. :-)”
Dan, Silver Spring, MD December 12, 2007
“Received one of the trail mixes as a gift, and the dried strawberries were so good that we had to order a pound of them. They are just fantastic and taste like candy!”
David, Indianapolis, IN September 18, 2007
“Delicious, Fresh, and Highly Recommended!”
Beth, Conowingo, MD August 7, 2007
“Wow, oh wow, I love these. This way I can have strawberries all year around. I'll be back for more.”
Tara, Miami, FL July 20, 2007
“We have been ordering dried strawberries for years - These are the BEST strawberries we have ever tasted! We'll never go anywhere else!”
Emily, Milwaukie, OR June 15, 2007
“Hello to all you Nuts! I have to tell you... your dried strawberries are SO GOOD! They're addictive! Anytime I give a person one, they end up taking most of the bag! (I know not to do THAT anymore!). Every order I've placed has been filled efficiently and with a smile : ) I bought so much that you sent me a t-shirt for Christmas last year! Thanks for making my life sweeter, Emily in Oregon”
Mrs. Cathy Best July 21, 2006
“I just received my shipment today. That was excellent service. The dried strawberries are fabulous. I haven't tried the pecans or mangos, but they look great. Thanks again”
Showing 281-290 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|