Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carla, New York December 31, 2005
“I bought a large selection of dried fruits and sesame sticks for Christmas and made up treat bags for all on my list and everyone is asking me where I got them...well done nutsonline! I know my family and friends are hooked!”
Jeanna, Glendale, AZ December 28, 2005
“These strawberries are SOOOOO good!!! I love them.. I am about to make my second order in 3 weeks. I think these are the BEST strawberries EVER! ”
Cheryl November 2, 2005
“Just received my first order - those dried strawberries are awesome. I had to recheck your website to make sure I'd ordered dried fruit and not candy! There are a lot of strawberries in 5 lbs, but I'll be reordering when these are gone! Thank you for an excellent product.”
Shirley, Dearborn Heights, MI October 24, 2005
“WOW! Fast shipping, ordered Tuesday afternoon and received Friday morning. The dried strawberries are great, can't wait to use them in something. Thanks”
Judy, Parma, Ohio October 17, 2005
“Hello... I just got my order and couldn't wait to try the dried strawberries, they are soooo good! The quality of the dried fruit is great! I'm so glad I ordered from NUTS online!
Thanks for everything!!!!!”
Christine, Highland, NY August 12, 2004
“Just received your order. You guys are phenomenal, only ordered it yesterday. Ordered my usual dried strawberries, which are fantastic and v.moreish and this time tried your everything malted milk balls, which my friend Gloria wants to steal and has declared as almost better than uknowwhat.. My third time ordering, and will continue to treat myself every so often, because not only are your fruits so good, but they are also good for you (in moderation!). ”
Jackie May 14, 2004
“Just to let you know that my order arrived on Tuesday 5/11/04. Bought the Extreme Mix to taste the strawberries. Wow! Will have to buy the strawberries next order. Was also impressed by the amount of the almonds in the mix. Haven't open the other two yet, but they look so fresh, know they will be great. Thank you for the quick shipping.”
Showing 261-270 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|