Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carrie, Harrisburg, Pa October 21, 2008
“Ordered my first custom trail mix, and I will definitely need more. The dried strawberries are my favorite - my husband almost didn't believe that they are real strawberries, not some processed fruit snack! The chocolate-covered cashews are also great - thanks for the great quality and speedy delivery!! :)”
Leah, Columbia, MD October 6, 2008
“WOW is all I can say about the dried fruit. I just received the cantaloupe, strawberries and nectarines; all of which are delicious. The chocolate covered raisins are divine, very plump, sweet and fresh.....my son loves them! I am in the process of planning my next order. I really want to try the raspberries and blackberries....YUM! It is amazing how fast the delivery is..THANK YOU!!!!”
Janet, Sunnyvale, CA September 27, 2008
“NutsOnline dried Strawberries are our families favorite treat! They always arrive right on time, fresh and sweet. We are huge fans of NutsOnline and you'd be nuts if you aren't, too! There's no customer satisfaction scale large enough to measure how satisfied you'll be!”
Stephanie, OH September 22, 2008
“My roommate's mom just sent her a package of these and I've been eating them non-stop. They're such a great alternative to chips or so much of the bad junk food that college students tend to eat. If more parents sent their kids stuff from here we'd be a lot healthier.
I'll be ordering some of these soon once we finish off my roomie's supply - which shouldn't be in too long!”
Jessica, Olyphant, Pennsylvania September 5, 2008
“My brother loved the chocolate covered sunflower seeds and I can not stop eating the dried strawberries!! Thanks sooo much”
Marjorie September 3, 2008
“Ordered the dried strawberries and cinnamon apple wedges along with a few other items. They are fantastic!!!!”
Sherry August 27, 2008
“Ok. I read all the testimonials before I ordered (assuming at least 1/2 were made up). I expected to be merely satisfied with my purchase or, in the worst case, scrambling to find someone who'd eat what I bought so I didn't have to throw it away. I'm not actually a cynic, but I lean toward skepticism. I ordered dried strawberries as a taste experiment. I didn't expect to love or hate them, I'm not a sweet-lover or a strawberry-lover, but I was intrigued. They are really, really (not just really) good. I ordered chocolate-covered sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are among my favorite snacks. Chocolate isn't. I thought they'd be a novelty for the office. They are terrific - better than anyone who likes sunflower seeds would expect. And, they even won over a few picky eaters who couldn't pass them up because they're just so darned cute. Now, they're pretty sure they're hooked. I may have to place a new order sooner than I'd expected. I ordered the cacoa nibs. I've had them elsewhere and appreciate their healthy properties. Cost, taste, condition - nuts online scored, again. I've found my new source! I ordered candy pebbles - another office novelty. Since we just got everything, today, we're a little slow on trying EVERY flavor, but they are not only fun - they are very tasty. I can't wait to put them out for a meeting or celebration! Finally, I came to nuts online looking for fried green peas. I'd recently purchased some, elsewhere, and became "addicted" and wanted a reliable source for them. Not only did I get tons more (well, not literally tons, but lots more) from nuts online for the price I paid elsewhere, the peas from nuts online are super fresh - they're frankly even better than I thought they could be (I mean, I didn't know what I'd had wasn't fresh, until I had fresh!). So...from someone who doesn't hesitate to say thanks, but isn't often really impressed...THANKS! I've already forwarded the link to the site to friends and family, but I'll now have to follow up with a testimonial to be sure they stop by! I know I'll be back, soon.”
Pam, Washington, DC August 1, 2008
“The box from Nuts Online was just delivered to my desk and before I could get it open, I was surrounded by co-workers. I order some things repeatedly, but with every order I get some new things and everyone is always anxious to try them. I'd never gotten the Pastel Milk Chocolate Blueberries before and they have been a real hit, along with the chocolate cranberries that are ALWAYS a big hit. Also this week, I tried the dried strawberries and everyone is LOVING them - to the point there won't be any to take home. The Japanese Peanuts are fabulous also -- just a thin coating over the peanut, not too sweet, not too salty, just perfect. With each and every order my amazement peaks higher and higher at the quality of the products and service of Nuts Online. It's like Christmas for the tastebuds with every delivery. ”
Katie, Dunedin, FL July 25, 2008
“I love the dried strawberries...they taste like candy...but they're not!
My order came exactly when it was supposed to, and I am pleased.
I will definitely be ordering more delicious goodies from this website.”
Rosario Q Mitchell, Seattle, WA July 21, 2008
“I tried 1# of the dried strawberries on my last order based on people's comments and now regret not ordering more - these are really really really good! rqm, seattle, wa”
Showing 261-270 of 294
Kayle, Estes Park, CO August 28, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|