Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Andrea, Hudson, NC May 13, 2010
“I ordered the dried strawberries and the dried kiwi. They were absolutely AMAZING! Its like eating candy without feeling so guilty about how much i eat! I have to order another couple of pounds now for me and a co-worker! Thanks for the wonderful treats!”
Stacy, GA May 13, 2010
“We ordered the berry mix on our last order and my husband LOVED the dried strawberries in it. He picked them all out of the mix, so I decided to order a full pound with this shipment. He says that they're better than any candy and loves the slightly squishy texture and sweet strawberry taste. We searched in stores for similar dried strawberries in between orders and couldn't find anything that even came close to these!”
Katawba J. Battersbee, New York, NY April 28, 2010
“Okay, OKAY! Every time I order MY dried strawberries it is as if I die and heaven opens the gold & pearly gates especially for me. Conversely, when the bags and I truly mean dried strawberry bags are empty, honestly I wreak havoc on my husband and I experience all out withdrawal!
Oh my dear nutsonline family, keep them coming! I need my quick fixes daily! I love these strawberries!
P.S. I refuse to share with my husband. ”
Ariel, Oregon April 14, 2010
“I just made my 3rd order from Nutsonline! I am so glad I found this site! It is absolutely AWESOME! The strawberries are out of this world and taste like candy. The dried blueberries, glace apricots, dried cantaloupe, and raspberry whole wheat bars are also excellent! Everything is so flavorful and although the dried fruits are dried they are still juicy and tender, not dried out they way most types you buy in stores are. Nutsonline is awesome!”
Norma Jean Filppula, Dollar Bay, Michigan March 26, 2010
“Our little 2 1/2 year old who's visiting this weekend, loves the strawberries. She keeps coming back for more! ”
Linda, Columbus,, OhioI March 3, 2010
“I just noticed your recommendation "store under refrigeration for up to six months" on the dried strawberries page, and had to laugh. As if we could ever keep a bag half that long! In my house, we can wipe out a pound during a long movie, and I must pace the toddler I babysit with, calling them our "special strawberries," and saying they're so big and so sweet we can't eat more than two in a day. (Please don't tell her that I sometimes break that rule myself.) It really is hard to believe they're not candy. Wonder what you folks could do for brussels sprouts ...”
Carl, Columbus, MT March 1, 2010
“Prompt shipment, Thanks.
Dried Strawberries nothing short of WONDERFULLY TASTY! I think I could become addicted very easily. ”
Tiffany, Upland, CA February 2, 2010
“UNBELIEVABLE!!! This is seriously the only word I can use to describe the Dried Strawberries I just received. I ordered them because I wanted to use them in a cookie recipe, and they are better than I even expected! If I hadn't already read other testimonials, I really would have sworn they were candy! AMAZING!”
Donna , Long Island, NY December 30, 2009
“This is my 3rd delivery in 1 month- new items as well as 1 case of salted roasted peanuts (in shell), they are colossal!I LOVE your freshness,quality and fast delivery!I strongly recommend the dried strawberries - cherries and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Very Yummy & Addictive! I work in eCommerce and you are hands down without competition!! Wishing you continued prosperity in 2010! Thank You!”
Leah, MA December 22, 2009
“Ordered just yesterday & delivered today, so fast and everything was just as promised. The entire family loves the dried strawberries- realllllly good! Thanks for the super speedy service, superior selection & products! We'll be back again and again! ”
Showing 241-250 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|