Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kerry, Boulder, CO June 23, 2009
“Love the Strawberries - absolutely recommend them 100% to everyone I know!!!! Can't get enough of them, they are sooooooo good in baked goods, in nutrition bars or just by themselves. ”
Martha, Penrose, NC March 12, 2009
“I have just received my 2nd order from nutsonline.com and as with the 1st, WOW. The dried strawberries are GREAT.
Everyone in the office loves them. They want to make a GIANT order next time I place one. ”
Amy, Wilton, CA February 23, 2009
“These strawberries are the best ever, so good in fact that on several occasions I have taken them to work to share, and have created more addicts. I have ordered these many times now, and I have never been disappointed! They are always the best flavor......DELICIOUS!!! And....excellent customer service, fast shipping. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!”
Holly, MO February 2, 2009
“I got my shipment last Thursday and I wrote in that I got the shipment and how fast the delivery was but now I am telling you the dried strawberries and the Brazil Nuts were very good. The dried strawberries are already gone and I have plenty of the the brazil nuts but I eat them as a snack every day so I am sure they will be gone soon too. Its my birthday February 6th so I am going to order more stuff as a early present to myself. HA HA HA ”
Carrie, Harrisburg, Pa October 21, 2008
“Ordered my first custom trail mix, and I will definitely need more. The dried strawberries are my favorite - my husband almost didn't believe that they are real strawberries, not some processed fruit snack! The chocolate-covered cashews are also great - thanks for the great quality and speedy delivery!! :)”
Leah, Columbia, MD October 6, 2008
“WOW is all I can say about the dried fruit. I just received the cantaloupe, strawberries and nectarines; all of which are delicious. The chocolate covered raisins are divine, very plump, sweet and fresh.....my son loves them! I am in the process of planning my next order. I really want to try the raspberries and blackberries....YUM! It is amazing how fast the delivery is..THANK YOU!!!!”
Janet, Sunnyvale, CA September 27, 2008
“NutsOnline dried Strawberries are our families favorite treat! They always arrive right on time, fresh and sweet. We are huge fans of NutsOnline and you'd be nuts if you aren't, too! There's no customer satisfaction scale large enough to measure how satisfied you'll be!”
Stephanie, OH September 22, 2008
“My roommate's mom just sent her a package of these and I've been eating them non-stop. They're such a great alternative to chips or so much of the bad junk food that college students tend to eat. If more parents sent their kids stuff from here we'd be a lot healthier.
I'll be ordering some of these soon once we finish off my roomie's supply - which shouldn't be in too long!”
Jessica, Olyphant, Pennsylvania September 5, 2008
“My brother loved the chocolate covered sunflower seeds and I can not stop eating the dried strawberries!! Thanks sooo much”
Marjorie September 3, 2008
“Ordered the dried strawberries and cinnamon apple wedges along with a few other items. They are fantastic!!!!”
Showing 231-240 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|