Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Melissa, Fresno, CA January 6, 2011
“I had never tried dried strawberries before until i was at my mother in laws for Christmas. They had received some as a gift and "Oh Man"...they were the best dried fruit I had ever tasted!! They were even better than any candy!!”
Amirah alqahtani, san francisco, CA December 31, 2010
“great dried fruits ”
Janet Wilkins, Bryan, Tx December 28, 2010
“Loved the dried strawberries, kiwi, and mango. Mango the favorite!
Thank you very much for the berries you threw in. Loved them also. jw”
SPC Fall, Wardak, Afghanistan November 26, 2010
“I absolutely love the dried strawberries, simply to die for. The fact I can get it ship to APO in a timely matter makes it all the better. Currently deployed in support of OEF.”
Beth, Kent, OH September 9, 2010
“My gosh, these are amazing! They smell wonderful and taste even better. It's going to be hard to stick to portion control with these. ;)”
van June 29, 2010
“I so can't thank yall enough! Everyone at work is already asking me when I am ordering again from here. I just let everyone try the strawberries. I can't wait to open the rest!”
patti, Norwood, PA June 5, 2010
“This is my second testimonial and I almost never do these things.....I have found that the dried strawberries are so good, that I could not stop eating them! I consumed a one pound bag in two sittings which could easily have been one sitting but I forced myself to stop. They are TOO good!!”
SANDY, Tyler, TX June 4, 2010
“I thought the Dried Strawberries would be good.....but they are absolutely GREAT!! I love Strawberries, but since hubby is allergic, I don't usually buy them. I thought these would be good to keep at work for an afternoon snack. They far exceed my expectations!
The mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Sugar Free) are also really great and arrived in good condition - not melted (however I did pay extra for that and it was worth it!).
Thanks again - I will be back!”
Ginger, Weatherford, Texas May 19, 2010
“OMG! The dried strawberries are AWESOME! I got the about an hour ago and have already ate 1/2 the bag. And the walnuts are soooo fresh.....I love them. You guys are awesome!!!”
Chrissy, Poconos, PA May 18, 2010
“OMG are these good! Definitely give them a try, you won't be sorry. I have a new favorite! Order from you all the time. Excellent service & fast shipping. Seriously, though. Get the strawberries. Yum. :)”
Showing 231-240 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|