Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Molly, Portland, OR November 19, 2009
“My order of dried strawberries, chevdo, jericho snack mix and wasabi peas arrived on schedule. I read the reviews, but nothing could have prepared me for those strawberries! Surprisingly fresh and very moist. I'm so impressed with your products I'm already working on another order!”
Chris, Carrollton, Texas November 7, 2009
“Think the best gummy strawberries you've had, and then realize you are actually eating dried strawberries... Highly addictive.”
Tal, Nashville, AR November 5, 2009
“Super fast shipping. Tried the dried strawberries and they are delicious. I am looking forward to trying the peanut flour.”
Fred, York, Pa October 22, 2009
“I've never had such great service! Warp speed delivery of a superb product.
If you want the best dried fruit and don't buy here you're making a big mistake.”
Diannia, Salisbury, nc October 21, 2009
“Just got these in a sample pack and was blown away. I am so glad I ordered them, they are like concentrated spring and summer goodness. It's mid october here and the leaves are falling. I just pop one of these in and I'm swept back to summer and sunshine and WARMTH!”
John, Cary, NC October 2, 2009
“I buy these for my grandson and he just loves them. Not only that but they are much better for him then candy. Great product”
Sherri August 27, 2009
“Wow...these are great! I never expected them to be this good! I'm definitely going to reorder!”
Johanne, Freehold, NY August 26, 2009
“Wow! Fast service, great product...who could ask for more. The strawberries are wonderful, I'll be reordering soon!!
Paulette, Fayetteville, TN July 23, 2009
“The dried strawberries are great and my little granddaughter loves them. On the chia seeds I have tried a lot of them yet, but what I have eaten they are good.
I received my order very quickly.
Thanks so Much!”
Maureen, Floral Park, N.Y. July 2, 2009
“The fastest delivery in the world, the best tasting strawberries and nuts I have ever had. A great website, and easy tracking of the delivery. Just an all round great company and good people to deal with.”
Showing 221-230 of 268
Michelle, Folsom, PA June 27, 2014
“All I can say is WOW! Not only did I just place my orders yesterday and they arrived the next day, but everything I ordered was so fresh and so good, I will definitely be ordering again...the dried strawberries are absolutely incredible!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|