Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lela Eagle, El Paso, TX April 28, 2011
“LOVE LOVE LOVE THE YUMMY DRIED STRAWBERRIES!!!! Thank you for the free mixed berries as well! :) We are getting ready to move due to the military & the dried strawberries will be a yummy snack on our long drive! Thanks again & we will be ordering more! :)”
Leslie, CA April 23, 2011
“I just ordered for the first time and received my shipment of goodies yesterday! Everything is SO fresh and my boys love the turkish figs and dried strawberries. I've already placed my second order and am so glad I have found your website. I would love to visit your store in person some day. ”
Lisa, Burleson, TX April 16, 2011
“Every time I get goodies from you guys, it makes other products look laughable in comparison. I'm not sure how you find the biggest, tastiest, and prettiest of everything, but you do. ”
Bob, Sylmar, CA April 14, 2011
“The dried strawberries are an incredibly good product. No doubt about it, later this year we'll be ordering our group of client gifts from you.”
Linda Rogers, Lakeland, Florida April 13, 2011
“Yes we got our order of Strawberries, Blue berries and pineapple today. It is all delicious! I bought it to use in healthy breakfast muffins, they will be great! You will be a regular shopping spot for me now!
Thanks! Linda :o)”
Carol, Pittsburgh, Pa April 13, 2011
“The package arrived less than an hour ago and we tore right in! The pineapple is great and the strawberries are fantastic! You'll be hearing from us again! Thanks!”
Missy, Pleasant Gap, PA April 12, 2011
“I absolutely love all of your products. I'm hooked on the dried strawberries. Shipping is lightning fast too...what's not to love. ”
Angela, Highlands Ranch, CO April 6, 2011
“I LOVE the Veggie chips, Strawberries and the coffee beans. I cannot wait to try the chia seeds and hemp seeds.Thank you for the fast delivery.”
Blair, West Hartford, CT April 5, 2011
“These strawberries are SO GOOD. They seem more candied than dried, but none the less, they are delicious (if just a bit sweet for ravenous consumption). The package literally came the next day (and I picked normal shipping!) I ordered the strawberries and the granola and they're almost gone. I will definitely be ordering from here again!”
Deborah Gonzales, Pueblo, Colorado March 26, 2011
“Dear Jeffery and Nutty Family. I cannot express my delight with your product. I want to tell the world or at least the gluten free part of the world. I love the bananas with my gf corn flakes. The strawberries are out of this world. My college children work at Whole Foods and no product compares. I definetely will be purchasing again. Thanks for thinking of the Gluten Free species. Please refer more gf items for me.”
Showing 211-220 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|