Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Tara, Miami, FL July 20, 2007
“We have been ordering dried strawberries for years - These are the BEST strawberries we have ever tasted! We'll never go anywhere else!”
Emily, Milwaukie, OR June 15, 2007
“Hello to all you Nuts! I have to tell you... your dried strawberries are SO GOOD! They're addictive! Anytime I give a person one, they end up taking most of the bag! (I know not to do THAT anymore!). Every order I've placed has been filled efficiently and with a smile : ) I bought so much that you sent me a t-shirt for Christmas last year! Thanks for making my life sweeter, Emily in Oregon”
Mrs. Cathy Best July 21, 2006
“I just received my shipment today. That was excellent service. The dried strawberries are fabulous. I haven't tried the pecans or mangos, but they look great. Thanks again”
Pamela J. Andella, Boston, MA May 19, 2006
“These strawberries are *fantastic*. I shared some with my commuter train buddy on the way home and she will be a new customer for you!”
Michele, Township of Washington, New Jersey January 11, 2006
“I just got my order today and everything is fantastic!!! The strawberries I got are so amazing. I also got the marble malted milk balls, they are everything I was hoping for and so much more!! I will definitely order from Nuts Online again!!!”
Carla, New York December 31, 2005
“I bought a large selection of dried fruits and sesame sticks for Christmas and made up treat bags for all on my list and everyone is asking me where I got them...well done nutsonline! I know my family and friends are hooked!”
Jeanna, Glendale, AZ December 28, 2005
“These strawberries are SOOOOO good!!! I love them.. I am about to make my second order in 3 weeks. I think these are the BEST strawberries EVER! ”
Cheryl November 2, 2005
“Just received my first order - those dried strawberries are awesome. I had to recheck your website to make sure I'd ordered dried fruit and not candy! There are a lot of strawberries in 5 lbs, but I'll be reordering when these are gone! Thank you for an excellent product.”
Shirley, Dearborn Heights, MI October 24, 2005
“WOW! Fast shipping, ordered Tuesday afternoon and received Friday morning. The dried strawberries are great, can't wait to use them in something. Thanks”
Judy, Parma, Ohio October 17, 2005
“Hello... I just got my order and couldn't wait to try the dried strawberries, they are soooo good! The quality of the dried fruit is great! I'm so glad I ordered from NUTS online!
Thanks for everything!!!!!”
Showing 211-220 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|