Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These dried strawberries are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One serving of dried strawberries contains 3 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joanne, fairborn, oh June 11, 2011
“yum! So sweet, tastes just like the whole strawberries from smuckers strawberry jam. Delicious :D”
Vera, Millersville, Md June 7, 2011
“They arrived today. thanks for the prompt service.”
Carol, Somerville, NJ June 7, 2011
“The 1st order I placed was about a year ago. I believe this is my 3rd order from the "Nuts":-) Before I could turn around my order arrived!! Last time I got a sample pack of the dried strawberries and put them in the 'fridge; um, um, just one satisfied my craving for something sweet. I did the same with the Plums and they were delicious cold!! I have been very satisfied with everything I have ordered. I'm ordering (3) new items today and can hardly wait to get them as I know they will meet my expectations. Thanks to all the "Nuts Family" and keep up the good work:-) ”
Dee, New Paltz, NY June 6, 2011
“Thanks again for the very prompt delivery!! I absolutely am addicted to the dried strawberries.. and after ordering the cinnamon apples, I'm afraid I may become addicted to them as well.. Your products are fabulous!”
Sylvia, Brooklyn, NY June 3, 2011
“Once again, I received your order very quickly. Ordered before 4PM the day before, it was shipped out to me the very next day - even on a Saturday, which was AMAZING! Love these dried strawberries; they were in a sampler pack but I chowed down on almost every single one of them. I had to stop myself and save some for my homemade peanut butter recipe. It turned out absolutely divine! ”
Patti May 25, 2011
“Just received our shipment today - couldn't wait to open everything. Dried strawberries are amazing and the crystallized ginger is yummy!”
Joy, Cincinnati, OH May 23, 2011
“I found NutsOnline.com while googling another site which sells similar items. I'm thankful I did. I placed an order for seven pounds[!] at a VERY reasonable price. My favorites [in order of preference] are Whole Dried Cranberries [love in my cereal or as a snack], Dried Strawberries [delicious as a snack], Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds [very tasty and lightly salted -- great instead of eating chips or the like], Dark Chocolate Covered Orange Peel [a great replacement for chocolate candies], and Dried Peaches. Also, I received my order quickly. If you are "on the fence" about placing an order, jump off and do it now. ”
Erica, Covington, KY May 15, 2011
“I LOVE nutsonline! Everything I ordered was amazing! The macadamia nuts are the biggest & tastiest I've ever eaten. The dried strawberries are heavenly & the veggie chips are great too! I ordered gifts for a friend & he is raving about the cajun peanuts. I got my stuff on Friday & I'm already thinking of my next order :) (its sunday lol) Thanks!”
Wendy May 5, 2011
“Received my first order - Can I say, Awesommmmmmmme?! I ordered a trail mix and dried strawberries. I tried the strawberries in the trail mix. So good, I am gifting the dried strawberries to my mother. She will love them. I will be ordering more for me!!Thank you
TERESA, COLUMBIA, TN May 4, 2011
“RECEIVED YOUR PRODUCTS TODAY, AND EVERYTHING I ORDERED WAS GREAT. THE TASTE WAS WONDERFUL, AND THE SERVICE WAS GREAT. THANKS, TERES KING”
Showing 201-210 of 300
kevin, Napa, CA September 15, 2014
“Very good as always”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|