Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Missy, Pleasant Gap, PA April 12, 2011
“I absolutely love all of your products. I'm hooked on the dried strawberries. Shipping is lightning fast too...what's not to love. ”
Angela, Highlands Ranch, CO April 6, 2011
“I LOVE the Veggie chips, Strawberries and the coffee beans. I cannot wait to try the chia seeds and hemp seeds.Thank you for the fast delivery.”
Blair, West Hartford, CT April 5, 2011
“These strawberries are SO GOOD. They seem more candied than dried, but none the less, they are delicious (if just a bit sweet for ravenous consumption). The package literally came the next day (and I picked normal shipping!) I ordered the strawberries and the granola and they're almost gone. I will definitely be ordering from here again!”
Deborah Gonzales, Pueblo, Colorado March 26, 2011
“Dear Jeffery and Nutty Family. I cannot express my delight with your product. I want to tell the world or at least the gluten free part of the world. I love the bananas with my gf corn flakes. The strawberries are out of this world. My college children work at Whole Foods and no product compares. I definetely will be purchasing again. Thanks for thinking of the Gluten Free species. Please refer more gf items for me.”
Emma, Belle Plaine, MN March 24, 2011
“Got dried kiwi and strawberries plus Goji berries. Everything delivered right on time and very yummy. Thank you!”
Joanne, Brownsville, Pa. March 10, 2011
“Package arrived yesterday It was here so fast that the anticipation had no chance to build everything looked great and tasted even better I will be back”
Barbara, Portage, PA March 5, 2011
“I happened upon your site while looking for a place online where I could buy dried strawberries for baking. I also decided to order some other items and have been very pleased with everything that I have ordered! The strawberries are delicious. We are just eating them as they are so good! My Grandson also loves them. My Mother got hooked on the dried bananas and cranberries, which are plump and so tasty! The colossal pistacios are so good! The dates are great, too. I eat one every morning for breakfast. They are
very large and yummy. The diced apricots are a favorite, too. I put them in my oatmeal and they are good for baking and just eating. The items arrive within the next day or two after ordering and are packaged with such care. I have ordered for the second time and am as pleased with the items in this order as the first. I am so glad that I discovered Nuts Online! I will tell all of my friends about you. I can't wait to order again and try some other new things along with my favorites. ”
Genevieve, Harrisburg, PA February 26, 2011
“Had ordered a pound few days before Christmas 2010 . Reached really soon . They were really yummy . ”
Susan, Mobile, AL February 19, 2011
“Totally awesome......quick shipping and absolutely wonderful coffee and sweets. I really love the dried strawberries, they are so huge and luscious!!! I will be shopping with you in the future for sure.”
Rosemarie, Downingtown, PA February 2, 2011
“Hip, hip hooray is right - awesome delivery speed and the strawberries!!! Truly fabulous. Thanks for the extra figs - love them too. Making teff porridge for b'fast tomorrow - can't wait.
Showing 141-150 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|