Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Katie, Aurora, Colorado July 4, 2011
“I heard about you from a coworker. She had the dried kiwi and said the dried strawberries were good as well so I decided to try! They are delicious!!! My whole family tried them and loved them. I can't find these anywhere else and they probably wouldn't be as good. Thanks!”
Sean, Vassalboro, ME June 29, 2011
“Just received our second order from NutsOnline. Dried Strawberries, Dried Kiwi, and the cacao goji energy made it on to both orders as instant favorites.”
brenda June 24, 2011
“Pleasantly surprised at the super fast delivery. Tried my dried fruit right away and was very pleased with the quality.
Excellent quality dried fruit, reasonable prices, reasonable shipping costs.....what more could a customer ask for? I'll be ordering more for sure.”
Stacey, Bridport, Vermont June 22, 2011
“I was extremely happy with both the quality of the wasabi peanuts, sesame sticks, and dried strawberries and with the incredibly fast and reliable shipping. Plus after shopping around, I found nutsonline to be the best priced of all online shops. Very happy with the whole experience and will continue to be a customer here!”
rick June 13, 2011
“These dried strawberries are so GOOD!!! I will be getting more ,they didn't last long”
Joanne, fairborn, oh June 11, 2011
“yum! So sweet, tastes just like the whole strawberries from smuckers strawberry jam. Delicious :D”
Vera, Millersville, Md June 7, 2011
“They arrived today. thanks for the prompt service.”
Carol, Somerville, NJ June 7, 2011
“The 1st order I placed was about a year ago. I believe this is my 3rd order from the "Nuts":-) Before I could turn around my order arrived!! Last time I got a sample pack of the dried strawberries and put them in the 'fridge; um, um, just one satisfied my craving for something sweet. I did the same with the Plums and they were delicious cold!! I have been very satisfied with everything I have ordered. I'm ordering (3) new items today and can hardly wait to get them as I know they will meet my expectations. Thanks to all the "Nuts Family" and keep up the good work:-) ”
Dee, New Paltz, NY June 6, 2011
“Thanks again for the very prompt delivery!! I absolutely am addicted to the dried strawberries.. and after ordering the cinnamon apples, I'm afraid I may become addicted to them as well.. Your products are fabulous!”
Sylvia, Brooklyn, NY June 3, 2011
“Once again, I received your order very quickly. Ordered before 4PM the day before, it was shipped out to me the very next day - even on a Saturday, which was AMAZING! Love these dried strawberries; they were in a sampler pack but I chowed down on almost every single one of them. I had to stop myself and save some for my homemade peanut butter recipe. It turned out absolutely divine! ”
Showing 141-150 of 245
Shirley Flaggs, Pittsburgh, PA December 11, 2013
“These dried & chocolate covered strawberries became the answer
to my sweet tooth. The fruit, nut, cracker products are all fresh and delicious. My list of ordering gets longer and more frequent
as a bag of choc. strawberries becomes a gift. The bags are so cute, no wrapping is necessary. The service and fast delivery is consistently unbelievable. A real pleasure. Thank You!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|