Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Alexander, Irvine, California May 2, 2012
“Just received my 3lbs of dried strawberries today, absolutely delicious! I have a feeling my sugar levels will but rise but at least it came at great price and with exceptionally fast service! thank you!”
Helen, Hackettstown, New Jersey May 1, 2012
“Nuts.com is the sole source of the magical elixir, a.k.a. whole dried strawberries, which can transform a grumpy, moody, difficult teenager back into a smiling, giggling kid again.
I love you guys!!!”
Gina, Boise, ID April 20, 2012
“I had done a search for Dried Strawberries in Google and it brought me to Nuts.com. After reading several of the other testimonials on your website, I promptly placed my order for the Dried Strawberries, Dried Apricots, and the Tropical Fruit Salad. And I just placed ANOTHER order for several more items. Delicious!!! I couldn't possibly say enough how wonderful everything tasted. I want to thank you guys so much for a website where I know I can come & order items online that will arrive in a timely manner, and taste AMAZING!! Thanks Nuts.com for being a trusted website I know I can count on. And if you're reading these testimonials wonderful if you should... stop reading and place your order. You will not go wrong!!! =)”
James April 20, 2012
“I love the dried strawberries. I eat a few before my morning bike rides. You have a customer for life.”
Teresa, chattanooga, Tn April 17, 2012
“everything was awesome. Ordered Ceylon Cinnamon sticks, dried strawberries, and mochi rice snacks. It was all great. And, shipped SuperHero fast!”
M, Chicago April 16, 2012
“Ok, someone has to take these away from me because I AM ADDICTED. ”
ami, dingmans ferry, PA April 6, 2012
“you guys.....this is the best!!! not only was it delivered swiftly...but the products....sesame sticks, vegetable chips and dried strawberries....are AWESOME! THANKS AND HAPPY EASTER!”
Alan, Elmira, NY March 21, 2012
“Ordered Tuesday night after work, received my selections on Wednesday. Unbelievable service. Everything is fantastic. Strawberries are great, I could never find coconut pieces, these are great. Almonds are really really good, and healthy. Can't wait to order again.”
Kate, Cheshire, CT March 21, 2012
“What can I say. I received my order next day, even though I placed my order the EVENING before. Super fast. My dried strawberries were fresh and are delicious. The Turkish Delights are so soft. I was most excited about the sesame and corn sticks I ordered. They are my favourite part of a peanut mix I usually get, so now have two 1lb bags of each (Cheddar Jalapeno & Cajun respectively), makes me very happy. They taste exactly like the kind in popular mixes.
Thanks also, for the dried berry sample.”
Michelle, Columbus, Ohio March 7, 2012
“It looks like we have new online friends. Delivery came right when promised. Have not tested the baking ingredients yet. The chocolate covered pecans are WONDERFUL. And my son is totally in love with the dried strawberries. ”
Showing 101-110 of 263
Kimberly, Lubbock, Texas April 16, 2014
“I have been very happy with every order I have placed with nuts.com. I just ordered the whole wheat fig bars for the first time and I was very surprised how awesome they tasted. Way better than anything at the grocery store! I also buy my cacao nibs and chia seeds here. Oh, don't forget the dried strawberries! Tastes like candy!!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Thailand
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|