Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
One of our most delicious dried fruit treats, Dried Strawberries are a fan favorite! Excellent for cereals, muffins, cakes and snacks. These are really sweet and moist... and oh sooooo good!
I (Jeffrey) absolutely love these dried strawberries, but they are super sweet and do have added sugar. If you are looking for the strawberries found in cereal boxes, then you might want freeze-dried strawberries, which have no added sugar and are crunchy instead of chewy.
2. When moms are planning to have children, strawberries provide needed nutrients. Eight medium strawberries provide 30 grams of folate per cup of sliced fruit. Folate has been shown to reduce the chance of fetal neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Eight medium strawberries provide 96 milligrams of vitamin C or 160 percent of the recommended daily intake. That's more vitamin C than one medium orange! Vitamin C keeps kids' teeth and gums healthy, aids in healing cuts and scrapes, and helps the body resist infection. It's also a potent antioxidant that has been associated with reduced risk of certain kinds of cancer.
4. One cup of strawberries contains 4 grams of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber can have benefits throughout life. Dietary fiber has well-known health benefits such as lowering blood cholesterol and promoting a healthy digestive system. This in turn may decrease the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
5. Strawberries have only 50 calories per serving and no cholesterol or saturated fats, making them a great healthy snack or addition to any meal.
6. Vitamin C: Analyses of the first, second, and third National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES-I, NHANES-II and NHANES-III) correlated higher vitamin C intakes with lower death rates from cardiovascular disease (CVD), lower prevalence of CVD, and reduced risk of angina. Strawberries provide 94 mg of vitamin C per cup of sliced fruit--more than 150% of the Daily Value.
7. Folate reduces serum levels of homocysteine, a substance that has been observed to be an independent risk factor for CVD. Even a very small elevation of homocysteine is estimated to increase CVD risk by 60% in men and 50% in women. Strawberries provide about 30 ?g of folate per cup of sliced fruit.
8. Dietary fiber - both soluble and insoluble - is considered by the American Heart Association to be important for heart health. Epidemiological studies have reported that people who eat higher amounts of total fiber have lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hypertension.
9. Antioxidants reduce the oxidation of LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, one of the critical steps in the development of CVD. Science has demonstrated that oxidation of LDL greatly accelerates several steps in the process of atherosclerosis, the build-up of fatty lesions or "plaque" on artery walls. A recent study showed that a highly concentrated strawberry extract inhibited oxidation of human LDL by as much as 86%.
10. Certain flavonoids that occur in strawberries, including quercetin, kaempferol and anthocyanins, have been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, an abnormal "clumping" of the blood particles responsible for clotting. These flavonoids appear to slow the clotting process, thereby decreasing the tendency to form thrombi and reducing the risk of stroke.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Suzette, Auburndale, FL November 10, 2011
“My order arrived safe and sound. We just had to sample many of the items -- had to exercise much restraint so as not to totally gorge! Everything is fresh and delicious! The big plump strawberries are to die for! It also was a nice surprise to receive the sample of the mixed berries -- thanks much! I will definitely will be ordering again. And, by the way, you guys really are "nuts!!"”
Deborah, West Chester, PA November 1, 2011
“This company is the best - just received my shipment faster than the speed of light actually. Everything looks fresh and the packaging is great. I nibbled on a few of the berries and WOW were they good. I highly recommend Nuts Online.”
charlene, ontonagon, michigan October 31, 2011
“Wow! Everything I ordered is very good. I especially like the mint chocolate covered espresso beans, and the dried strawberries. Can't wait to share them. I will be ordering again!!
Cynthia, Hamilton, New Jersey October 25, 2011
“Received my goodies and couldn't be more pleased. All items received in excellent condition and as requested. Couldn't keep hungry little hands from, 'inspecting' each item as it was unpacked. All raves from the inspectors! Fresh and delectable treats, especially loved are the Dried Strawberries and Turkish Delights. We are a gluten/dairy free household so couldn't be happier to have found a company that provides good, wholesome foods that meet our needs and who stand behind their promises of freshness and shipping at the speed of light. Thank you. Will be back again!”
Christie-Sue, Raleigh, NC October 24, 2011
“As usual, everything arrived quickly. I love that you use biodegradable packing peanuts - they went straight into my compost pile.
The dried strawberries were amazing! Just about the best candy I ever ate. So good.
Thanks again for great products and friendly service!”
Angie, Arionza October 21, 2011
“Ok, these people are nuts! Buy everything you can from them now. I love Nutsonline; the website is easy to navigate. Do you remember what service is? Well, Nutsonline still has it. The products are great. My dried strawberries were gone in three days. When you get your package check it good, SURPRISE.”
Debbie, Papillion, Nebraska October 20, 2011
“I just got my shipment of dried strawberries, blueberries and craisens! They are great! Thanks so much! This is the first time I've tried your company and I love it! I love putting them on salads and mix with cashews! Thanks so much!”
Anthony, Spokane, WA. October 19, 2011
“I can not believe how fresh this fruit is. I ordered the dried apricots , strawberries and berry mix. I dont know what to say . I ordered the sample packs because I was not sure of the flavor and freshness. Boy was I wrong . Now I knew the Roasted hazel nuts I ordered were going to be great. Stop reading and order. You will not be disappointed. ”
Noor, Dearborn, Michigan October 6, 2011
“EVERYTHING was sooo fresh. I can not express how much I love this company for one reason: their amazingggggg customer service! Dried strawberries, sunflower kernels, Soy Beans roasted, Turkish figs (super moist and big!) and roasted but unsalted pistachios were all DELICIOUS!!!
I'm totally recommending this web to friends and family members!!!”
Kristen, Westmont, NJ September 29, 2011
“We received our order yesterday and were more than satisfied as always. I absolutely love the dried strawberries! My husband loves the dark chocolate coconut and the dried mangoes. Thanks again!”
Showing 101-110 of 223
Lisa, Beaverton, OR January 14, 2011
“WOW! Your dried strawberries are outta this world good! I don't think this 5 pound bag is going to last very long.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Strawberries, sugar, citric acid, strawberry flavor, sulphur dioxide, fd&c red 40.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 100 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|22 Pound Cases|