Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
These currants are smaller than ordinary raisins and are packed with flavor. Known as Zante currants, they are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste. The rich flavor of currants is delicious in cakes, jams, and other dishes. A rich source of iron, antioxidants, and fiber, currants will give your diet a super nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Currants
1) Nutritional Powerhouse - Zante currants are naturally low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol-free, but provide an ample supply of vitamins and minerals. They boast high levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and B-complex vitamins. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels - Research suggests that including currants in your diet can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. These small raisins are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the bloodstream. A study from the University of Connecticut showed that participants lowered LDL cholesterol levels when they ate one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly.
3) Bone Health - It’s important to eat foods that will keep your bones strong and healthy. Zante currants are especially rich in a trace element called boron, which supports strong bones and improves healthy joint function. Studies suggest that including boron-rich foods as part of your diet can lower the risk for developing osteoporosis, an age-related disease that causes weak and fragile bones.
4) Vitamins for Eyes - UV ray exposure from sunlight causes a build-up of free radicals that can damage the eyes. The antioxidants in currants protect the eye’s retina by repairing damaged cells. Vitamin A and carotenoids also protect against age-related macular degeneration, an eye disease which causes vision loss and blindness.
5) Cavity-Fighter - Currants might be the only sweet treat that gets the approval of your dentist. These raisins are packed with compounds that fight oral bacteria, the cause for cavities, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology found five different compounds naturally occurring in raisins that can protect teeth and gums.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Awynne, Siloam Springs, AR June 4, 2009
“Thanks for the very fast service and the great currants! I've had trouble finding them ANYWHERE.”
Deborah, Loxahatchee, FL March 29, 2009
“I was grateful to find a place to purchase currants. The only time I can find them in the grocery store is at Christmas and that's still hit and miss. They were shipped quick. I look forward to making my grandmother's "secret recipe" cookies for my family this Easter...currants are needed. :)”
Judith, Louisville, KY March 2, 2009
“I received my currants today and they are really a tasty treat. I've had quite a bit already. I'm looking forward to adding them to my oatmeal tomorrow morning.”
Sylvia, Ithaca, NY November 19, 2008
“I had problems finding currants locally for making the typical English Christmas pudding. I found this place on line, ordered saturday and received them tuesday. ”
Carol, Wauseon, Ohio November 10, 2008
“Terrific products, reasonable prices, great website, best and most responsive shipping times available. We love dried currants, which used to be widely available but are now nearly impossible to find in the usual retail food stores. Nuts Online always has them! ”
Sarah, Lousiana November 9, 2008
“This here is Nutty Sarah! Loved your email! It was awesome to be able to receive currants in the mail...I have been looking to buy some for years! Now my fruit cake will be complete! Thanks.”
caroline, middlebury, ct October 14, 2008
“hurrah, a brit abroad can find currants - an essential in Christmas cooking. Thanks for the terrific fast and efficient service, not to mention the delicious product. The family are looking forward to stirring the puddings and smelling the spices.”
Showing 71-80 of 78
Wendy, Sandusky, OH September 5, 2014
“These arrived nice & plump! Much unlike the currents one finds at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
Zante Currants (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|