Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
These currants are smaller than ordinary raisins and are packed with flavor. Known as Zante currants, they are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste. The rich flavor of currants is delicious in cakes, jams, and other dishes. A rich source of iron, antioxidants, and fiber, currants will give your diet a super nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Currants
1) Nutritional Powerhouse - Zante currants are naturally low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol-free, but provide an ample supply of vitamins and minerals. They boast high levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and B-complex vitamins. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels - Research suggests that including currants in your diet can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. These small raisins are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the bloodstream. A study from the University of Connecticut showed that participants lowered LDL cholesterol levels when they ate one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly.
3) Bone Health - It’s important to eat foods that will keep your bones strong and healthy. Zante currants are especially rich in a trace element called boron, which supports strong bones and improves healthy joint function. Studies suggest that including boron-rich foods as part of your diet can lower the risk for developing osteoporosis, an age-related disease that causes weak and fragile bones.
4) Vitamins for Eyes - UV ray exposure from sunlight causes a build-up of free radicals that can damage the eyes. The antioxidants in currants protect the eye’s retina by repairing damaged cells. Vitamin A and carotenoids also protect against age-related macular degeneration, an eye disease which causes vision loss and blindness.
5) Cavity-Fighter - Currants might be the only sweet treat that gets the approval of your dentist. These raisins are packed with compounds that fight oral bacteria, the cause for cavities, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology found five different compounds naturally occurring in raisins that can protect teeth and gums.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rita July 4, 2011
“I was very impressed with the quality, price and customer service I received from your company. I will certainly use you again and have no hesitation referring you to my friends.
Shannon, Canutillo, TX May 20, 2011
“Wonderful people, superb packaging, top of the line products. The Hiatt family will order from these Nuts again; that's a promise!”
R Richard, Palm Springs, California (CA) May 14, 2011
“Yeah! Every thing worked on schedule Great service!”
Earl, Baden, Pa April 16, 2011
“First purchase. Very pleased. I am sure there will be more bought by me.”
patricia, lewis center, ohio March 26, 2011
“we are impressed not only with the product but the outstanding service! my husband has been looking for a good dried fig for months these are way beyond good. the currents, pineapple , dates ,Chia seeds and Tomatoes are just what the packages say YUMMY! ”
Karen, Brick, NJ March 25, 2011
“These guys at Nuts Online really have customer service worked out perfectly!! It is so easy to use the website and choose your products, and depending on the time of day you order, they either send them out later that afternoon or the next day at the latest. The products arrive well packaged and are fresh and delicious.
They have many hard to find ingredients for baking along with all kinds of delicious nuts and chocolates and the pricing is WAY better than any other site I previously used.
I was so impressed with the service and the quality of the products on my first order, that I have already made a second order within 2 weeks and now plan on making this a "favorite" website in my browser. ”
Larisa February 23, 2011
“fast delivery, great customer service. will tell all my friends about you. thank you.”
Pat, Clearwater, Florida February 4, 2011
“Hey there! MMMMmm, yummy! The parcel arrived! They are WONDERFUL!
Can hardly wait to start baking...I better hurry because my hubby just ate a handful and loves them too! Thanks again.....Pat”
Isabel, Sherborn, MA December 24, 2010
“Wonderful service from the kind woman on the telephone, stunningly fast delivery --- overnight with regular UPS! I will certainly get everything with you next year. Thank you!”
Gwen, Jacksonville, fl December 3, 2010
“WOW! Now THAT is quick delivery! My Christmas Cake now has Currants soaking merrily in lots of Rum & Brandy!
They are SO good! Better than raisins.
Showing 51-60 of 84
Kathleen, Jamestown, RI October 17, 2014
“Baked with these before and they are super. So delicious.”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
Zante Currants (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|