Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
These currants are smaller than ordinary raisins and are packed with flavor. Known as Zante currants, they are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste. The rich flavor of currants is delicious in cakes, jams, and other dishes. A rich source of iron, antioxidants, and fiber, currants will give your diet a super nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Currants
1) Nutritional Powerhouse - Zante currants are naturally low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol-free, but provide an ample supply of vitamins and minerals. They boast high levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and B-complex vitamins. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels - Research suggests that including currants in your diet can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. These small raisins are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the bloodstream. A study from the University of Connecticut showed that participants lowered LDL cholesterol levels when they ate one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly.
3) Bone Health - It’s important to eat foods that will keep your bones strong and healthy. Zante currants are especially rich in a trace element called boron, which supports strong bones and improves healthy joint function. Studies suggest that including boron-rich foods as part of your diet can lower the risk for developing osteoporosis, an age-related disease that causes weak and fragile bones.
4) Vitamins for Eyes - UV ray exposure from sunlight causes a build-up of free radicals that can damage the eyes. The antioxidants in currants protect the eye’s retina by repairing damaged cells. Vitamin A and carotenoids also protect against age-related macular degeneration, an eye disease which causes vision loss and blindness.
5) Cavity-Fighter - Currants might be the only sweet treat that gets the approval of your dentist. These raisins are packed with compounds that fight oral bacteria, the cause for cavities, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology found five different compounds naturally occurring in raisins that can protect teeth and gums.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Debbie, Sumter, SC September 28, 2011
“Ordered 5Lbs of Zante Currants on Sunday. Received my order today (Wed). The quality is amazing. Can't wait to get started on the Christmas Cake and Christmas Puddings. I am going to be a REPEAT customer with this company. Order from here you won't be disappointed.”
Patricia September 11, 2011
“Once again my shipment arrived on time and all very luscious . I make christmas cakes for a fund raiser every year and ordered fruit from you last year and our sales went up . This year we expect to sell 30% more and I am sure it's because of the quality of your product.Thanks again for your wonderful service.”
Dorothy, St. Cloud, Florida August 1, 2011
“Thank you very much for my order - came in the time promised. I cannot find these currants in my area so whenever I need to bake my fruit cake I will be sure to come back to you.”
Wendy, N. Central, Fl July 20, 2011
“Like Christmas in July! First time customer. Excellent products, great packaging, and fresh food. Prices I can afford, and super fast shipping.. it doesn't get any better than that.. Oh wait, yes it does!! VERY friendly, helpful, professional staff. Thank you very much, I'm hooked and will tell all my friends. ”
Donna, Orange Park, Florida July 6, 2011
“I have a family favorite cookie recipe that calls for Zante currants.My daughter wanted these for her birthday. I usually don't have a problem finding them in local stores but for some reason, there were none to be found. After running all over town, I went online and found NUTSONLINE.
These were the BEST currants I ever had! Sweet, plump and moist...nothing like I have been buying.
Not only are these the best, the service was absolutely phenomenal.
I ordered on July 4th around 3pm. I received my order on July 6th at 10am! Plenty of time to bake and mail off for her birthday on the 10th.
Thank you nutty people for great service, great product and a fun experience.”
Rita July 4, 2011
“I was very impressed with the quality, price and customer service I received from your company. I will certainly use you again and have no hesitation referring you to my friends.
Shannon, Canutillo, TX May 20, 2011
“Wonderful people, superb packaging, top of the line products. The Hiatt family will order from these Nuts again; that's a promise!”
R Richard, Palm Springs, California (CA) May 14, 2011
“Yeah! Every thing worked on schedule Great service!”
Earl, Baden, Pa April 16, 2011
“First purchase. Very pleased. I am sure there will be more bought by me.”
patricia, lewis center, ohio March 26, 2011
“we are impressed not only with the product but the outstanding service! my husband has been looking for a good dried fig for months these are way beyond good. the currents, pineapple , dates ,Chia seeds and Tomatoes are just what the packages say YUMMY! ”
Showing 41-50 of 79
RACHEL, O Fallon, MO September 17, 2014
“OMG! No clue why I did not see these before. Love them-best ever and can not wait to bake with them. Fantastic find-thank you so much. Happy here:)”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
Zante Currants (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|