Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
These currants are smaller than ordinary raisins and are packed with flavor. Known as Zante currants, they are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste. The rich flavor of currants is delicious in cakes, jams, and other dishes. A rich source of iron, antioxidants, and fiber, currants will give your diet a super nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Currants
1) Nutritional Powerhouse - Zante currants are naturally low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol-free, but provide an ample supply of vitamins and minerals. They boast high levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and B-complex vitamins. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels - Research suggests that including currants in your diet can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. These small raisins are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the bloodstream. A study from the University of Connecticut showed that participants lowered LDL cholesterol levels when they ate one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly.
3) Bone Health - It’s important to eat foods that will keep your bones strong and healthy. Zante currants are especially rich in a trace element called boron, which supports strong bones and improves healthy joint function. Studies suggest that including boron-rich foods as part of your diet can lower the risk for developing osteoporosis, an age-related disease that causes weak and fragile bones.
4) Vitamins for Eyes - UV ray exposure from sunlight causes a build-up of free radicals that can damage the eyes. The antioxidants in currants protect the eye’s retina by repairing damaged cells. Vitamin A and carotenoids also protect against age-related macular degeneration, an eye disease which causes vision loss and blindness.
5) Cavity-Fighter - Currants might be the only sweet treat that gets the approval of your dentist. These raisins are packed with compounds that fight oral bacteria, the cause for cavities, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology found five different compounds naturally occurring in raisins that can protect teeth and gums.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Chris, New York, NY August 11, 2012
“First time customer and I must say what a speedy delivery with a nice little free bonus compliments of nuts.com I want to say thank you for 1 day delivery! Again simply delicious currants, dried pears, and figs. Excellent deal on the pound of Moringa anywhere on the planet.”
Helen, Alexandria, Va July 31, 2012
“Perfect, I cannot ask for a better service. Thank you so much. It came on time as promised. It is a present for a cousin in Venezuela. She is going to love it.
Tracy, Stuart, Florida July 28, 2012
“Thank you my fruit arrived as scheduled. I love the box it came in. I can't wait to get started on making my christmas cakes. I know its early but I've got to make a taster. I am so glad I found your web site I have been searching for months to buy bigger quantities than those supplied by the grocery store, and I have also been told that it is only available at christmas time. In UK this fruit is available all year round so I am very happy now I have found you and I have now recommended you to a colleague at work, so hopefully she will get in touch. I am sure I will be ordering from you again, once again a very big thank you x”
Patricia, Cape Coral, FL May 10, 2012
Product arrived safe and sound today just as you predicted. Sound box and sound packaging. Looking forward to making cookies. Many thanks for your efficiency and attention to detail. Glad to have found your web site.
I. N. S. H., MD December 1, 2011
“Last night I ordered dried fruits to make a Christmas cake. The order was placed at 8:30 pm and the delivery man rang my doorbell at 11:30 am THE VERY NEXT DAY! I am very impressed by the speedy delivery and the delicious products! (Buy the dark chocolate covered raisins; they are perfect-- not too sweet chocolate outside and moist chewy raisins inside!)”
Sylvia, Leesburg, Florida November 12, 2011
“The quality of the products is extremely high and the customer services has been excellent. I certainly know where to order from now. Thank you!”
Jennifer, Rock Hill, South Carolina October 29, 2011
“My first order arrived on time, in perfect condition, and WHAT a difference from grocery store quality! The mission figs, currants, and pitted dates were plump, moist, and marvelous flavor. Never again will I settle for the tired old stuff I used to have to include in my Christmas fruitcakes. I am thrilled to have found this website! ”
Debbie, Sumter, SC September 28, 2011
“Ordered 5Lbs of Zante Currants on Sunday. Received my order today (Wed). The quality is amazing. Can't wait to get started on the Christmas Cake and Christmas Puddings. I am going to be a REPEAT customer with this company. Order from here you won't be disappointed.”
Patricia September 11, 2011
“Once again my shipment arrived on time and all very luscious . I make christmas cakes for a fund raiser every year and ordered fruit from you last year and our sales went up . This year we expect to sell 30% more and I am sure it's because of the quality of your product.Thanks again for your wonderful service.”
Dorothy, St. Cloud, Florida August 1, 2011
“Thank you very much for my order - came in the time promised. I cannot find these currants in my area so whenever I need to bake my fruit cake I will be sure to come back to you.”
Showing 31-40 of 76
Geni, Scottsdale, AZ August 22, 2014
“Love the currants they are great”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
Zante Currants (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|