Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
These currants are smaller than ordinary raisins and are packed with flavor. Known as Zante currants, they are dried, seedless red grapes with a sweet and tangy taste. The rich flavor of currants is delicious in cakes, jams, and other dishes. A rich source of iron, antioxidants, and fiber, currants will give your diet a super nutritional boost.
Health Benefits of Currants
1) Nutritional Powerhouse - Zante currants are naturally low in sodium, fat-free and cholesterol-free, but provide an ample supply of vitamins and minerals. They boast high levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and B-complex vitamins. They are also a plentiful source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels - Research suggests that including currants in your diet can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. These small raisins are a good source of soluble fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the bloodstream. A study from the University of Connecticut showed that participants lowered LDL cholesterol levels when they ate one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly.
3) Bone Health - It’s important to eat foods that will keep your bones strong and healthy. Zante currants are especially rich in a trace element called boron, which supports strong bones and improves healthy joint function. Studies suggest that including boron-rich foods as part of your diet can lower the risk for developing osteoporosis, an age-related disease that causes weak and fragile bones.
4) Vitamins for Eyes - UV ray exposure from sunlight causes a build-up of free radicals that can damage the eyes. The antioxidants in currants protect the eye’s retina by repairing damaged cells. Vitamin A and carotenoids also protect against age-related macular degeneration, an eye disease which causes vision loss and blindness.
5) Cavity-Fighter - Currants might be the only sweet treat that gets the approval of your dentist. These raisins are packed with compounds that fight oral bacteria, the cause for cavities, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology found five different compounds naturally occurring in raisins that can protect teeth and gums.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kate, Austin, TX December 15, 2012
“I ordered 27 pounds of assorted dried fruit from Nuts.com for this year's Christmas fruitcakes, and I have been blown away by the ease, speed, and quality of my order. This is good fruit at good prices, and it shipped fast and hassle-free. I'll be ordering again next year!”
Jean, Deforest, Wisconsin December 13, 2012
“Loved the fun box and packaging everything came in. The currants are very tasty, can't wait to try the rest! Thank you!”
Gwyneth , Indialantic, FL December 12, 2012
“Delivered on time and great product!”
John, Fort Madison, Iowa December 3, 2012
“The most fantastic shipping schedule I have ever witnessed. Almost got here before I ordered it. Thank you!! I hope to do business with you again. ”
Steven, Eagan, MN November 23, 2012
“Another great order! Terrific chocolate hazelnut coffee! The currants are super delicious and make a great addition to the 10 grain cereal. The dark chocolate covered hazelnuts taste amazing. Thank you for the sample of dark chocolate almonds, that was a pleasant surprise.”
Diane, Long Island, New York November 10, 2012
“Wow... super fast delivery .. ordered yesterday, here today. Great packaging, and very fresh and delicious currants. > Looking foward to buying again from this great store! ”
Nette, Ashland, KY September 16, 2012
“I ordered the currants on Labor Day. My order was processed Tuesday and was at my door on Thursday. The currants are packaged nicely in a 5 pound bag. They are fresh tasting and much better than the ones I ordered from another online merchant. They are softer and just plain taste better. I will definitely be ordering more from Nuts.com. Communication was great. They kept me informed of every step of the ordering and shipping process. They followed up with me to make sure I am satisfied with my purchase. I feel I got the best deal possible ordering from you guys. You just can't beat the products or customer service. I would recommend Nuts.com to anyone looking for quality dried fruit. THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!! I will be back for more.”
wendy smith, ormond beach, florida August 24, 2012
“i think your web site is fantastic, i am scottish but live in florida and cannot buy some of the things i have ordered on your website here so its fab that i can get whatever i need for my british christmas cake. thanks again i will be ordering lots in the near future x”
Chris, New York, NY August 11, 2012
“First time customer and I must say what a speedy delivery with a nice little free bonus compliments of nuts.com I want to say thank you for 1 day delivery! Again simply delicious currants, dried pears, and figs. Excellent deal on the pound of Moringa anywhere on the planet.”
Helen, Alexandria, Va July 31, 2012
“Perfect, I cannot ask for a better service. Thank you so much. It came on time as promised. It is a present for a cousin in Venezuela. She is going to love it.
Showing 21-30 of 74
GREG, STILLWATER, OK - Oklahoma August 15, 2014
“Very fast shipping. Excellent zante currant product. They are great by themselves, in oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, etc.”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1|
Zante Currants (1/10th of 1% vegetable oil to prevent clumping)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|