Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, amino acids, potassium, iron, zinc, and more. Grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region, goji berries (Lycium barbarum) have long been recognized for their medicinal benefits in Far East medicine. These 100% natural dried berries may help enhance the immune system, protect your eyesight and improve liver function. Our dried goji berries are non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Goji Berries
1) Snacking delight - Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking. These super berries are ready to be enjoyed straight out of the bag! You can also add them to trail mix with other dried fruit and nuts.
2) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
3) Breakfast foods - Mix goji berries in oatmeal or cereal for an energizing boost. Layer them in yogurt for a new kind of parfait. Goji berries are also a delicious addition to granola bars and baked goods.
4) Soups & salads - Dried goji berries are commonly used in Chinese herbal soups to boost the nutrient content. You can add them to your own soups and broths. Alternatively, toss them over salads for a nice crunch.
5) Grain dishes - Add dried goji berries to quinoa, rice, couscous, and other grain recipes. The super-berries lend little bursts of nutrition and sweetness to your dishes. Buy goji berries in bulk so that you’ll have plenty to incorporate into your favorite foods.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
"Goji berries...mother nature's gift! I have used many different Goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com Goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com."
Goji Berries: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins it needs. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
Goji Berries in History
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. First used by the Tibetans in China, these berries have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Western Snowberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Due to crop availability, these goji berries may be harder than in the past.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lory, Warren, RI September 1, 2013
“I love the box - You can't help but smile :-) The bags that contain my Goji Berries are fun & bright, I leave them on my kitchen island, just couldn't hide them ! package arrive the next day on a Saturday no less !! Wow great customer service, Goji Berries are fresh and wonderful, I tried the dark chocolate covered Goji berries and I am now a fan, WOW- So Yummy !- Thank you so much !! I will reorder again & again. With so many items I will keep coming back. ”
Karin, Chuluota, FL August 30, 2013
“I am impressed. Perfect. The berries were clean, packed tightly and on time. In addition, it is like getting a gift from a friend. I had an additional little bag of organic cacao nibs. Thank you soooooooo much. What a surprise and great TREAT.Love it. Your company is nuts in an awesome way. Thanks, thanks, thanks. I intend to be a loyal customer.”
Michael, Johnsburg, IL August 27, 2013
“Crazy quick delivery! Had my first taste of Goji berries. 5 minutes later had them in a smoothie. Awesome! Tasted the almonds and the sunflower seeds. Everything is fresh. I own a service business and can be a tough person to please. Your company has definitely exceeded my expectations. Thanks!”
tiffany, montgomery village, maryland August 24, 2013
“Oh my goodness!!! I ordered my maca powder, moringa powder, goji berries and quinoa yesterday (regular shipping). They all arrived TODAY along with a delicious free sample of organic cacao nibs!!! I was so pleasantly surprised and, as luck would have it, when the order arrived I had just been thinking about what to eat. I immediately made myself a moringa, maca, banana, goji berry protein shake. Yummy! Delicious and well-packaged products, prompt delivery, good prices, along with a free sample!?! Well. nuts.com; it look's like you've just won yourself a repeat customer! Thanks!”
Ty, Shippensburg, Pa August 20, 2013
“Berries are great and the delivery time was outrageous, thanks”
Beth, Powder Springs, Georgia August 1, 2013
“Nuts.com is AWESOME!! Thank you for another fast, reasonable, and quality transaction! The Goji berries are awesome, the adzuki beans are phenomenal, and the kale chips are yummy! Thank you!!! We are customers for life now!!”
Laurence, MPLS, MN July 19, 2013
“If you have doubts you're Nuts(.com) so put them away! There is no exaggeration by any of the reviewers. Service, price, quality all which are lost by many other companies can be found here without reservations. Do yourself and family a BIG favor and browse all the items available and take back your health.”
Jeff, Silverdale, Wa July 16, 2013
“Great service shipped very next day got to my house 2 days before said. Best prices I have found! Product is fresh and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to everyone @ nuts.com!!!!! Pass my thanks along! Will definitely buy from again!!!”
Francine, Chino, Ca July 6, 2013
“This is my second order with you guys :) I'm so very happy with my Goji berries. Best Goji berries I've ever purchased. I will keep ordering from you guys. Thank you! ”
Bob, Brockton, Massachusetts (MA) July 2, 2013
“Fast service and well packaged and the quality is great.”
Showing 81-90 of 308
Wanda, Portland, OR October 19, 2014
“Great tasting. Will definitely order.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||14|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 850 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|