Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, amino acids, potassium, iron, zinc, and more. Grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region, goji berries (Lycium barbarum) have long been recognized for their medicinal benefits in Far East medicine. These 100% natural dried berries may help enhance the immune system, protect your eyesight and improve liver function. Our dried goji berries are non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Goji Berries
1) Snacking delight - Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking. These super berries are ready to be enjoyed straight out of the bag! You can also add them to trail mix with other dried fruit and nuts.
2) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
3) Breakfast foods - Mix goji berries in oatmeal or cereal for an energizing boost. Layer them in yogurt for a new kind of parfait. Goji berries are also a delicious addition to granola bars and baked goods.
4) Soups & salads - Dried goji berries are commonly used in Chinese herbal soups to boost the nutrient content. You can add them to your own soups and broths. Alternatively, toss them over salads for a nice crunch.
5) Grain dishes - Add dried goji berries to quinoa, rice, couscous, and other grain recipes. The super-berries lend little bursts of nutrition and sweetness to your dishes. Buy goji berries in bulk so that you’ll have plenty to incorporate into your favorite foods.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
"Goji berries...mother nature's gift! I have used many different Goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com Goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com."
Goji Berries: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins it needs. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
Goji Berries in History
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. First used by the Tibetans in China, these berries have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Western Snowberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Due to crop availability, these goji berries may be harder than in the past.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Lori, West Fargo, ND August 24, 2014
“I'm so glad we tried these. They taste better than we had anticipated! Another product we will be purchasing again!”
melorie, Covington, GA August 22, 2014
“First time trying - would order again”
Lyubov, Tacoma, WA August 22, 2014
“I'm very happy with the product.
Thank you very much.”
Tatyana, North Potomac, MD August 19, 2014
“Order placed yesterday, received today. Thanks for a super fast shipment and a nice packaging with funny messages. I haven't tested berries yet, but I would love to be your customer forever. Thanks!!!!!”
Iryna, Federal Way, WA August 15, 2014
“I like it!”
Stefani, Lancaster, PA August 13, 2014
“I'm enjoying the goji berries. They are better than I thought they would be and give my nut mix more flavor. I also received a free sample of the berry mix which I love!!! I will definitely be ordering from nuts.com again!
The customer service is amazing as well. I had made a mistake when I chose the method of shipping, but they were able to correct it for me on the same day I ordered.... a Saturday!”
Nataliya, Sacramento, CA August 8, 2014
“HELLO!!! I got the delivery just a few minutes ago everything fine thank you very much! Be blessed! !!”
Ronald, Etna, PA August 8, 2014
“I bought these for myself for the health benefits. It turns out my 16 month old daughter can't get enough of them! I have finally have found a food high in iron that she will eat. Yay! P.S. My wife loves them too!”
Robert L Miller, Fort Myers Beach, FL August 6, 2014
“My ordered arrived on time and in great shape. Thanks loads. Now we will enjoy the Chia and Goji berry snacks.”
DD, Weymouth, MA August 1, 2014
“I tried Goji berry from NUTS.COM at my brother in law. The quality is way better compare to other brands. Ordered yesterday and received it this morning... super fast delivery. Awesome, will definitely comeback. By the way, thank you for the CHIA seeds complementary. :-)”
Showing 21-30 of 308
Wanda, Portland, OR October 19, 2014
“Great tasting. Will definitely order.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||14|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 850 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|