Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, amino acids, potassium, iron, zinc, and more. Grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region, goji berries (Lycium barbarum) have long been recognized for their medicinal benefits in Far East medicine. These 100% natural dried berries may help enhance the immune system, protect your eyesight and improve liver function. Our dried goji berries are non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Goji Berries
1) Snacking delight - Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking. These super berries are ready to be enjoyed straight out of the bag! You can also add them to trail mix with other dried fruit and nuts.
2) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
3) Breakfast foods - Mix goji berries in oatmeal or cereal for an energizing boost. Layer them in yogurt for a new kind of parfait. Goji berries are also a delicious addition to granola bars and baked goods.
4) Soups & salads - Dried goji berries are commonly used in Chinese herbal soups to boost the nutrient content. You can add them to your own soups and broths. Alternatively, toss them over salads for a nice crunch.
5) Grain dishes - Add dried goji berries to quinoa, rice, couscous, and other grain recipes. The super-berries lend little bursts of nutrition and sweetness to your dishes. Buy goji berries in bulk so that you’ll have plenty to incorporate into your favorite foods.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
"Goji berries...mother nature's gift! I have used many different Goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com Goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com."
Goji Berries: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins it needs. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
Goji Berries in History
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. First used by the Tibetans in China, these berries have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Western Snowberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Due to crop availability, these goji berries may be harder than in the past.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Joan, NY, NY April 16, 2010
“All I can say is 'WOW"
I ordered this week and my product was shipped to me without any hassle and true to their word it was there the next day! LOVE the service.
I purchased 5lbs of chia seeds and 5lbs of goji berries. I ate a little when I got them but wanted it most of all to use in my smoothies. My smoothie came out with the color of an orange! Of course this is due to the goji berries. I blended a mango, banana, strawberries, goji berries ( a handful or so) and a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds along with fat free milk and ice! I was bouncing like I had some REALLY STRONG coffee! I had so much energy I felt like walking a few miles! This is just too true to believe. Normally I would be so drained going to work that I would consume a few cups of coffee. This morning was different...I didn't have any and when lunch time came around - I was still full! I ate a little and toss out the rest! It has been what? about 6 hours since I consumed my smoothie and I am still going strong. I love the taste and the effect it has on me. Thank you NUTS ONLINE for marketing such a great product!! I will be hanging out with you guys from now on!”
Penny, Glens Falls, NY April 7, 2010
“I opted for a sample size package of crystalized ginger in my last order which of course came lightening fast. I am hooked. I bought a package at my local health food store and it just cant compare. I also got the goji berries which are great and the goji cacao energy squares which are wonderful. I am hooked on Nutsonline!”
Rosa, Brookline, MA April 3, 2010
“Soooo glad I found this site! Not only do they have amazing deals on lots of items, the shipping turnaround time is amazing! I received my order within 24 hours of placing it (granted I do live close from where they ship, but they shipped it out within what seemed like moments after I placed my order). So far, I've tried the dried goji berries and the dried roasted edamame, and both are delicious and perfectly fresh! I need to keep myself from devouring all of what I bought...”
Christina M Cotten February 19, 2010
“My order was processed in minutes, even on a holiday. Shipping was quick and packaging was outstanding. Each item arrived in a heavy-duty zip-top bag. Everything was fresh and of the best quality. I ordered the sample size of goji berries. The size of the sample was very generous and the berries were tasty and fresh. I will definitely recommend this site to everyone I know.”
Lynn, GA January 19, 2010
“Just received our first order from Nuts Online. So far we opened and tested the Goji Berries and the Mixed Berries. WOW! Good stuff! We have never tried either of these products before and are hooked! very good service, delivery, pricing and communication. Cant wait to open all the other items in our order. Thank you!”
Stephanie, St Pauls, NC January 9, 2010
“Wow talk about being spoiled by your customer service!!!!! My order arrived today and beyond met my expectations!! The goji berries are yummy and good for me! I havent tried the yummy powder.May make a smoothie later on! I love this place!!!”
Joey , Dunwoody, Georgia December 16, 2009
“WOW!!! These nuts are AWESOME & the Goji Berries are dynamite as well please keep up the good work of keeping prices low & quality High ,Thanks Nuts Online”
romerialh, columbus, ohio November 1, 2009
“thanks for the fast delivery and tasty treats your goji is plump and great you know we will be back .”
Jullie, Bethlehem, PA October 13, 2009
“Thank you for such a quick delivery. Everything was in excellent condition and couldn't have been more pleased. So far I just had a chance to try the goji berries, which were very good. Was pleasantly surprised at how much you get to a pound. Look forward to trying everything else. You have a wonderful web site, so very informative. I am so happy to learn about these different product and their health benefits. I am sure to pass along your site to others, as I have found it a pleasure to shop with the Nuts online family.
Natalie, Erie, PA October 9, 2009
“Great product - the best goji berries I've had! Very fast delivery. Will definitely come back for more.”
Showing 261-270 of 308
Wanda, Portland, OR October 19, 2014
“Great tasting. Will definitely order.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||14|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 850 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|