Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Known as the anti-aging fruit, goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C, amino acids, potassium, iron, zinc, and more. Grown in the vast Himalayan Mountain region, goji berries (Lycium barbarum) have long been recognized for their medicinal benefits in Far East medicine. These 100% natural dried berries may help enhance the immune system, protect your eyesight and improve liver function. Our dried goji berries are non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Goji Berries
1) Snacking delight - Dried goji berries have a mild sweetness and are slightly chewy, which makes them perfect for snacking. These super berries are ready to be enjoyed straight out of the bag! You can also add them to trail mix with other dried fruit and nuts.
2) Teas, smoothies & other beverages - Reconstitute goji berries by soaking them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, until they become plump and chewy. When the goji berry is reconstituted, it takes on a hearty sweetness and is wonderful in beverages.
3) Breakfast foods - Mix goji berries in oatmeal or cereal for an energizing boost. Layer them in yogurt for a new kind of parfait. Goji berries are also a delicious addition to granola bars and baked goods.
4) Soups & salads - Dried goji berries are commonly used in Chinese herbal soups to boost the nutrient content. You can add them to your own soups and broths. Alternatively, toss them over salads for a nice crunch.
5) Grain dishes - Add dried goji berries to quinoa, rice, couscous, and other grain recipes. The super-berries lend little bursts of nutrition and sweetness to your dishes. Buy goji berries in bulk so that you’ll have plenty to incorporate into your favorite foods.
Chef Joe of PBS's Taste This TV used our goji berries to make Chocolate Covered Goji Berries, and he loved them!
"Goji berries...mother nature's gift! I have used many different Goji products in my career and I have never worked with such a fresh product. Nuts.com Goji berries come fresh, directly out of the package. Not only are you getting all the wonderful health benefits, but they taste so natural and fresh! From the plant to your table, Nuts.com is sure to satisfy your palette! Thank you, Nuts.com."
Goji Berries: Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add these vitamin A rich berries to trail mix. Vitamin A is linked to boosting the immune system and plays a critical role in vision. For a simple trail mix recipe, combine 1 cup of your favorite nuts and seeds, 1 cup of goji berries, and 1 cup of granola.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries
1) Anti-Aging Superfood - Goji berries are considered the world's most powerful anti-aging food. They're rated #1 on the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale, which measures the antioxidant level of foods. Antioxidants fight free radical damage associated with diseases and premature aging. Dried goji berries contain 3x the antioxidants of pomegranates!
2) Protect Eyesight - Goji berries contain two key nutrients that support vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Studies show that consuming high amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin lowers the risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and other eye diseases.
3) Promote Skin Health - The vitamins in dried goji berries can give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. The rich content of vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc naturally occurring in goji berries helps to improve skin tone and texture. Research suggests that vitamin C and zinc act as antioxidants to lessen the harmful effects of UV radiation on the skin.
4) Boosts Immune System - Goji berries contain even more vitamin C per ounce than oranges. They are also high in the trace element selenium, which fights bacterial and viral infections. Adding a small handful of dried goji berries to hot teas or soups isn’t a bad idea when the cold and flu season hits.
5) Good Source of Amino Acids - Goji berries contain 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids to build the proteins it needs. Since we cannot synthesize essential amino acids from scratch, we must obtain them through our diet.
6) Liver & Kidney Benefits - A compound found in goji berries called betaine, is used by the liver to produce choline. Choline supports the liver and kidneys by helping them expel toxins and waste from the body.
Goji Berries in History
Goji berries have been in use for at least the last 1,700 years. First used by the Tibetans in China, these berries have become a staple in not only in Eastern cuisine, but also Eastern medicine.
In Chinese mythology, goji berries are known as the fruit of immortality. Even today, Chinese medicine uses goji berries to treat the liver, immune system, circulation problems, and more.
Known as: Goji Berry, Goji Berries, Gojiberry, Gojiberries, Western Snowberries, Wolfberry, Wolfberries, Wolf Berry, and Wolf Berries
Due to crop availability, these goji berries may be harder than in the past.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
andrea, las vegas, nv June 26, 2009
“ordered some goji berries for my dad for fathers day along with the goji energy squares and some chocolate rum coffee, he said everything was fantastic, the coffee is some of the best he has ever had. so i had to order the goji berries and energy squares, fantastic, i could sit and eat the whole bag of berries, and the energy squares were great too. thanks for the great products!”
Charlotte, Alexandria, VA June 8, 2009
“I have never been disappointed with an order from Nuts Online, so when I decided to try the Gogi Berries, I was once again met with a pleasant surprise. The Gogi Berries are delicious and sweet. They would go great in cereals, granola bars, and would even taste great as an alternative to raisins in oatmeal cookies. I will definitely be ordering them again in the future. Thanks! ”
Robert, Michigan March 21, 2009
“Have placed a couple orders with you,the gogi berries rock the prices are very competitive with other sites on line. You were very prompt with the orders. I sincerely hope you be around for a long time because I plan to make these berries a part of my daily diet as long as I am alive.Your e-mails are very witty,keep up the good work !!
Kathy, Elgin, MN February 5, 2009
“I can't find any words better than, AWESOME and TOTALLY AMAZING! Love the Goji berries, chia seeds, and all the other berries! You will definitely have many more orders from me. Thank You So Much! Love your e-mails too :)”
mv, trinitty, fl February 3, 2009
“my goji berries arrived they are fresh, delicious and YUMMY! 1lb bag gone in two days, cant get enough”
Dolores, Jay, Oklahoma January 31, 2009
“I ordered my first pound of Goji berries to see what they are like. I found that I liked them very much and surprisingly, so does my husband. I was looking around on the net and reading all I could on Goji Berries and some of the blogs said the best ones came from another company, so I checked them out. I should have known from the sale they were having that something wasn't right. I ordered to 18 oz bags from them for $10.99 a bag, reduced from $29.99 per bag. When they arrived they were clumped together, hard and a little mold. Needless to say, I found the right ones the first time when I ordered from The Nuts. The berries are so good that my husband asked me while ago where his were for the day. Coming from him, that is unusual and speaks volumns for Nuts on Line.
Thanks for another great product, You nuts, you.”
Chase, Jensen Beach, FL January 29, 2009
“Great products and quick delivery! The Goji berries are among the best I've ever had! Thanks!”
Barbara, NH January 29, 2009
“2 for 2! Nutz are great, simply berries are even better, Almondolas are absolutely fabulous, and even better the order arrives promptly and is very tasty. Love the Goji berries. Love them all. Thank you”
Rose January 27, 2009
“Hi Nuts Online:
We got our shipment a few hours ago, the Goji berries, the chocolate covered blueberries and the rice crackers were all fresh and we are quite pleased with the quality. Thank you for providing such a quality business.
I am saving my our other packages for when we may need them in an emergency situation. Since this economic situation is getting out of hand and some "in the know" think we are in a "planned collapse" economy situation, I think it is wise that we all start planting "peace gardens" for when we may need to share our food with our neighbors.
May peace prevail in '09,
Janet, Trenton, NJ October 15, 2008
“Dear David and Family,
Thank you so much for the consistent goodness I find with your Goji Berries.
Just a short while ago I learned of them and their anti-oxidant properties.
I search locally for them and was disappointed by the stale taste. My daughter Rachel informed me that the "Nuts on Line" family carries the Goji Berries and that I should give them a try. I did, and I was very pleased, that is why you just delivered to me my second order of three pounds. Thank you so much, and keep them coming!
A very satisfied customer in NJ,
Showing 281-290 of 308
Wanda, Portland, OR October 19, 2014
“Great tasting. Will definitely order.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||14|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 850 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|