Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Daniela, Chicago, IL January 30, 2013
“Ok, this is going to sound nuts (ha!) but I purposefully keep these in a container in my cupboard instead of refrigerating. Why? After a while, sugar gathers all around the outside of each fig and the sweetness on the inside is intensified. There can be a little tangy-ness there, but not always. So much better ! :)”
Ellen, Mount Airy, MD January 23, 2013
“This purchase was for my dad for his birthday. He loves nuts in the shells so he can crack them open with his nutcracker. He also loves figs. He told me the figs were the best he has ever had! He was also thrilled with the nuts! We will be ordering again! Your customer service could not be better!”
T, Moreno Valley, California January 17, 2013
“I ordered the mushroom popcorn kernels, the chia seeds, the cheesy salad booster, and the turkish figs. Let me just say that every single thing was delicious. The figs were sweet and soft, the popcorn popped beautifully and came out nice and fluffy. I didn't have a salad so I used the cheesy salad booster on my zucchini lasagna and it was delicious. The chia seeds tasted good alone and when put in water did exactly what they said they would do. Cant wait till tomorrow to try everything again.
Thanks nuts.com you're the best. ”
Patrick, BRODHEAD, Wisconsin January 11, 2013
“I love figs and dates and the ones I ordered from Nuts.com were exceptional. We also ordered the coffee sampler pack and the first cup I sampled was also excellent. We will be making Nuts.com a regular part of our shopping from now on. Thank you Nuts.com !”
Juliet, Chicago, IL January 10, 2013
“I got a free sample of these with my order, they were amazing! I always thought I didn't like figs, because my only experience with them was in Newton form. But these ones are spectacular! Just the right amount of sweetness, and a fantastic flavor~ <3”
Pernille, Otis Orchards, WA January 9, 2013
“Turkish figs best dried figs ever. Have ordered them before and will again. Ordered the coconut flour to try, will first use it in cinnamon rolls. Thanks for offering so great products.”
Karla, Sarasota, FL January 4, 2013
“Fast delivery and very fresh; right now, we are having a fig party :)”
Ken, Hoboken, NJ January 2, 2013
“Thanks for fast delivery. Figs are delicious! Do you guys have any retail store in NJ.”
Soonjoung, Dallas, Tx December 18, 2012
“Your Turkish figs are amazing! It's so moist and delicious! I'm so happy to find your product!”
Gerri December 15, 2012
“FANTASTIC - AGAIN!!!! Everyone loves your fruits. The quality is exceptional!”
Showing 81-90 of 325
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|