Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
bill, n.c, state road December 10, 2013
“Hi, I received my order of Turkish figs & was super impressed thank you loads you have a steady new customer. Merry Christmas & happy new year. Sincerly Bill Strait”
Rosemary, Fairfax, VA December 10, 2013
“My blueberries and Turkish figs arrived right on time yesterday. They're always a treat ... my very favorite! I appreciate how quickly you nutty folks send my packages, and the flavors never disappoint. I'll be back!”
Anthony, Lake Mills, WI December 6, 2013
“The figs I ordered for my folks were far better tasting than the store bought ones and buying the 30 lb size resulted in a cost of ~$4.70 per lb including shipping; the paper between the layers kept them from sticking together and getting crushed. We eat loads of figs, and, I'll be using Nuts.com as my supplier from now on. Thanks for the prompt shipment. Made a great early Christmas present.”
Paul S. Oliver, Marcy, NY November 26, 2013
“I just placed my second order. I was amazed at the QUALITY and SERVICE of the products that you sent me. I make Italian cookies for the holidays and have received much acclaim for them. I placed a small order with your company and the Turkish figs were so amazing they never made it to the oven, eaten like candy. I have liked you on Facebook and will share your name with everyone I know.”
Thomas, Signal Mountain, TN November 20, 2013
“Delivered as promised. I opened the bag as soon as I got home and ate a couple Turkish figs. Delicious!! I'm glad I ordered the 5 lb bag!!”
Mark, Springfield, Or November 15, 2013
“We received our order very quickly, the Turkish figs are absolutely delicious! Everything was absolutely TERRIFIC quality! Count on us as a new customer!!”
Sharon, Ft Worth, TX November 12, 2013
“Ordered figs and love them. Great packaging by the way! I will be back, count on it.”
Donna, sc November 10, 2013
“The figs and dates are amazing. Juicy and sweet”
Debra, Columbus, Ohio November 7, 2013
“I must say that your Turkish Figs are the best I have ever put in my mouth!!!!! I just received my second order of them and I will be ordering them again and again and again and again! They are GREAT!”
Lisa, Hamden, CT November 5, 2013
“Totally pleased. Order arrived super quick & I was not disappointed! I ordered the roasted fava beans and the turkish figs. Both are superb! I will definitely order from you again!”
Showing 81-90 of 383
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Very tasty figs. Add them with my cereals ,mufffins and waffles.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|