Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Cheryl, Sykesville, MD May 23, 2014
“My family really loves these. They even satisfy my sweet tooth.”
Barry, Fergus Falls, MN May 23, 2014
“Some of the best figs I have ever eaten!”
Stephen, Mountain City, TN May 22, 2014
“My very favorite of all your fruits. High in Iron and sweet as can be. I never tire of these little jewels of flavor.”
Anne, Saugus, MA May 22, 2014
“Thanks for your timely and fresh figs along with the sample quinoa...one of my favorite grains!
Mike, Hudson, FL May 19, 2014
“The best figs that I have ever tried....will definitely order some more...”
Jay, Wantagh, NY May 15, 2014
Siobon, Jackson, NJ May 11, 2014
“YUM! We are very happy to know we can get these figs year round!”
Renee, WASHINGTON, District of Columbia April 29, 2014
“My order Arrived in one day. Your service is fantastic. Ate my first fig and love it. Quality is super. Thanks so much guys - You all Rock!!!”
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Showing 71-80 of 397
Anthony, Venice, FL September 16, 2014
“Best I have ever tasted. Will definitely order again.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|