Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Laura, St. Louis, MO March 5, 2013
“Great stuff! The figs, apricots, and dates are all very reasonably priced...very fresh...and huge! I have to practically hide them from myself because they are so yummy. I know I will be ordering again soon since the quality is the best I have found on-line.”
Tar"nut"zer, Regina, Henderson, Mn March 1, 2013
“Got my second shipment (absolutely NOT my last) delivered as scheduled; and just as my first, and as EVERYONE states, it was PERFECTION!!! The dates, soooo YUMMY; the figsssssss, fantabulous, and OMG the wasabi veggie chips.....splenderifically delicious!!!!
Thank You, you nutty bunch, for being true to your poppy sol's ideal of quality, and customer service, may you live long and prosper well.
Your loyal nutty customer ”
Robert February 28, 2013
“The Figs arrived earlier than
expected. They were just like
the ones I used to get in the
Delis in New York were I grew up.
Kate, Oxford, PA February 27, 2013
“Just received the shipment of Turkish figs and fig jam. Haven't tried the jam yet but the figs are de-lish! The packaging was too funny. The UPS person was sort of laughing when he handed me the package THEN I saw why. I love people with a sense of humor. Thanks for the laughter. I'll be back for more!”
Mark, Traverse City, MI February 25, 2013
“My order came so quickly that I was pleasantly surprised...less than 36 hours later. The figs. dates and chia seeds are delicious! Fresh, raw, healthy, tasty and satisfying.”
L Jo, Oregon February 23, 2013
“I have placed several orders for over a year now. The "Supreme Roasted Mixed Nuts" compare to no others one can buy. The Turkish figs and dates are huge, incredibly sweet, chewy and a great snack or added to recipes. The chia chips are very addicting. The dried fruit (mangos, yum!!) and others are excellent. Your prices are reasonable & I LOVE coming home to your nutty package on my porch. I appreciate your service. Thanks all you crazy nuts! ”
John, Fulton, MO February 22, 2013
“These are some of the best figs that I have had since I was a child in NY. Back then all the stores had Figs hanging from strings and you would reach up and buy a string of figs and have them for a snack then my mother would make cookies. I am glad I found your site.”
Samantha, Fredericksburg, Virginia February 14, 2013
“I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY ORDER!!! EVERYTHING IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS!! I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS AWESOME WEBSITE!!!!! MY FAVORITE IS THE TURKISH FIGS!! ”
Maureem, Maple Grove, MN February 13, 2013
“Just received my very first order and I'm beyond pleased with the quality. The dried figs are exceptional. My new favorite dried fruit! The chocolate ginger is the best ever. So glad I found this website. Will definitely order again. AND the unexpected freebie - wow. How nice :-) love it. ”
Nora, San Francisco, CA February 13, 2013
“I received my package yesterday and have already torn into my Turkish figs, strawberries, and veggie chips (YUM!). This morning I'm enjoying my delicious gluten free hot cereal, and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Jeffrey, Kenny, Uncle Sandy and Cousin David (and the rest of the family)!”
Showing 71-80 of 326
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|