Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Luci, New Kensington, PA May 3, 2013
“First, you have incredibly fast & efficient service. Second, your website is easy to navigate & appealling. Third, & most important, your products are fresh & delicious. The mushroom popcorn is fat, flavorful & crazy good. I have purchased other site's mushroom popcorn, but yours is the best. Your figs, wonderful, chocolates, wonderful, everything, so far for me wonderful. Thanks, I'll be back. ”
Irma, Jersey City, New Jersey April 23, 2013
“Hello Nutty Family,
Thank you so much for delivering my order so quickly. Unbelievable. I love your packages and products. I will definitely will order again. Thank you, thank you and thank you so much and now I can eat my figs and drink my favorite peppermint tea. (jumping, jumping) Irma :)”
Dominick, Flagstaff, Arizona March 29, 2013
“First let me say I never expected to receive my pkg. until next week, so to receive it today was a pleasant surprise.
The Turkish figs are delicious, moist not dry, nearly as good as fresh picked off my mums tree in her backyard. But the Black Australian Licorice... I love black licorice but have never tasted any as good as this.
I have consumed Spirulina in many different ways, but never raw like this, so will have to get creative in my usage, but the price is great.
I will most definitely be a returning customer. Thank You!
Bethany, Southern Pines, NC March 21, 2013
“I ordered the black mission figs, turkish figs and dried persimmons...all were so great! I have tried many other brands of figs and these are so delicious and fresh! I am beyond happy! Will be ordering again soon! Thank you so much!”
Natasha, Rockville, MD March 21, 2013
“Absolutely Delicious! These Turkish Figs are wonderful and so fresh it's unbelievable. They are a nice medium size and will have your taste buds dancing with a mouth full of these nutritiously packed beauties. One or two of these adds a lot of flavor to any bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. The uses for these figs are endless and we can't wait to update this testimonial to share our very own recipes with you. Don't hesitate to order. Try and Enjoy :-)”
Lindy, Baltimore, MD March 13, 2013
“Just got my first order! As with everyone else, I received it very quickly (1 day), and the quality of everything is so great! I got the raw hazelnuts, dried apples, pitted dates, and Turkish figs, and as soon as I opened the box I sat down on the floor and sampled them all. Will definitely be ordering again!”
John, N. Vernon, Indiana March 10, 2013
“Absolutely incredibley GOOD products and service not like anything I've bought before the Turkish figs are huge and fresh so are the Medjool Dates and I've never heard of Goji Berries and they are wonderful --- A wonderful Business - Great family - Incredible products --also the packaging is excellent -- Wonderful business OH I already said that !! People like you make this country proud and we need more of that right now thank you”
Claudia, Alexandria, Virginia March 9, 2013
“I just received my order, and I was so delighted with the box so much, I had to read it before I could try what I ordered. I ordered the Turkish Figs and Pitted Dates, they are so fresh and delicious. I absolutely recommend Nuts.com and will reorder from them again. Good job everyone. Love your humor!”
CRISTINA, TUSTIN, California March 8, 2013
“I absolutely LOVE them ALL. My husband was also impressed especially the meaty FIGS. Thank you, your service & products exceeded our expectations. ”
Laura, St. Louis, MO March 5, 2013
“Great stuff! The figs, apricots, and dates are all very reasonably priced...very fresh...and huge! I have to practically hide them from myself because they are so yummy. I know I will be ordering again soon since the quality is the best I have found on-line.”
Showing 61-70 of 325
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|