Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Phoebe, Columbus, OH August 6, 2014
“I've had Turkish figs before and could take them or leave them, but once I tasted the samples you sent with my last order, I knew I could no longer leave them, so I had to order a whole pound with my next order. These are superb figs!”
Natasa, Belle Vernon, PA August 1, 2014
“These are delicios with great service.”
Elizabeth, Silver Spring, MD August 1, 2014
Rosemarie, Fayetteville, NC July 30, 2014
“Excellent! And so fresh and juicy!”
Cindy, Winneconne, WI July 25, 2014
“LOVED the Turkish figs. DELICIOUS!”
Ann, Woodstock, GA July 23, 2014
“We got a free sample last time and now we are hooked!”
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Stephen, Westport, MA July 20, 2014
“Great. Just what I was looking for!”
Rita, Marathon, FL July 18, 2014
Kelly, Wheeling, IL July 18, 2014
“Our family love your Figs. It is the best figs we tasted. Definately will order more. Wish I would've ordered the bigger bag.”
Showing 61-70 of 420
Sharon, Collegeville, PA October 19, 2014
“Yummy! I highly recommend these figs. They are better in person.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|