Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Theresa, St. Augustine, Florida June 12, 2014
“Once again you have delivered the very best! The figs are fantastic...oh, so good!
Promised Andre the postman a sample of the figs. Told him he would be hooked on them...good food, good for you.
Roberta, Trevor, WI June 9, 2014
“The best I've ever had!!!!!”
April, Saint Peters, MO June 7, 2014
“Ordered my mushroom popcorn, cheddar powder, japanese sencha green tea, malted milk powder and beet powder along with these Turkish Figs on Thursday and I had them saturday morning. As always, nuts.com hits the ball out of the park. I have already dipped into the Turkish figs and I have enjoyed three of them... They are delish and fresh. And the free bag of apricots, woo hoo.. Love nuts.com”
Rebecca, Harrison, AR June 5, 2014
“Taste great with sour cherries, almonds, and toasted oats. (Better than Bear Naked granola)”
Rosemary, Grandville, MI June 5, 2014
“I've heard of figs before, but until my last order, I had never tasted them. Your Nutty family now has another lover of figs. You included a sample pack with my last order, which I gobbled up too fast. So, I just had to buy myself some more. I thank you so much for including sample packs with my orders, because otherwise I would never try or buy some of the products you offer.
I took a fig out of my sample pack and smelled it before I ate it. You laugh, but figs look like something I would never ever eat. I took a really small nibble, and soon the bag was gone. Your sample packs are a good marketing strategy. Kudos too you all. Now back to my Turkish Figs. Yum, Yum.”
Evelyn, Lapel, IN June 4, 2014
“Figs are like gourmet candy for me. They make great snacks!!”
Paulette, Lakeland, FL June 4, 2014
R A, Brookline, MA June 4, 2014
“I bought a sample size of these but will probably order more next time. These figs are huge and fresh, very tasty!”
Claudia , Britton, Michigan June 3, 2014
“The dried strawberries, figs and apricots are perfectly dried. They are still plump and flavorful. Wonderful product.”
Tiffany, Dayton, OH May 29, 2014
“I read the reviews about the Turkish figs before I bought a sample bag and I was most convinced by a reviewer who mentioned they could not find high-quality figs like the ones that sustained them through the desert... Until they found the ones sold here. I absolutely LOVE the figs! A sweet yet very healthy alternative to sugary snacks and I am now ordering a 1 lb. bag.”
Showing 61-70 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|