Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mike, Hudson, FL May 19, 2014
“The best figs that I have ever tried....will definitely order some more...”
Jay, Wantagh, NY May 15, 2014
Siobon, Jackson, NJ May 11, 2014
“YUM! We are very happy to know we can get these figs year round!”
Renee, WASHINGTON, District of Columbia April 29, 2014
“My order Arrived in one day. Your service is fantastic. Ate my first fig and love it. Quality is super. Thanks so much guys - You all Rock!!!”
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Donna, Houston, TX March 27, 2014
“Just got my box of goodies and am eating some Turkish Figs for the first time. Loving it. Will definitely come back to do more shopping.”
Leigh, Metamora, Michigan March 26, 2014
“Just received my first order today! I opened the bag of toasted corn, which were awesome! Tried the Dry Roasted Edamame, awesome! The Turkish Figs and Medjool Dates felt plump (through the package). Mixed up a glass of coconut water with the 100% Matcha before my workout, and off I went!
Great products so far. Can't wait to have the Harmony Soup, that is soaking, for lunch tomorrow! And looking forward to the other items as well. Love the packaging and the fact that everything is resealable, added bonus!”
Brittany, Atlanta, GA March 14, 2014
“The quality of products is superior to any that we have previously purchased. We were gifted our first order of Medjool dates and Turkish figs and are hooked on them! The super fast (and cheap) shipping is an added bonus!”
mary small, upper moroarlb, md March 4, 2014
“i took a nap and woke up at 11pm. i remembered my delivery and checked the porch. there it was my package from nuts.com, this is my first time trying your dried fruits. i could not wait til am so i tried the figs and the mixed berries. they are oh so delicious.thank you for a superior line of healthy foods. GOD BLESS”
Showing 61-70 of 383
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Very tasty figs. Add them with my cereals ,mufffins and waffles.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|