Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Carol, Hammond, IN July 4, 2014
“The figs are delicious and your reliability outstanding. I usually do not respond to surveys so I neglected giving feedback before on other products. Your Sun-dried tomatoes were very good (my sister had ordered) tasty and with a nice chew so I tried your organic Sun-dried tomatoes and found them too salty and hard. I needed to discard. I also liked the veggie chips.”
Suzanne, Bellingham, WA June 28, 2014
“Best ones yet.”
Michael, Drexel Hill, PA June 28, 2014
“I gotta say, this is very very fresh food. All the items I purchased are top quality, NOT second rate. The Turkish Figs are the freshest and darkest I have ever had. The Veggie Chips are incredibly delicious and very fresh. I have purchased these same items from many online retailers and there is stark difference between the items I just received and the others.
If you're reading these comments and trying to decide if this is the place to buy, ....this IS the place to buy!”
Ramona, Asheville, NC June 25, 2014
“The figs are plump and sweet - naturally. They are wonderful stuffed with mascarpone cheese and rolled in chopped walnuts - Mother Nature's candy. Nuts.com have the best figs.”
Rebecca, Champlain, NY June 24, 2014
“Love these.....fantastic snack. Always fresh and fast!”
David, Medina, OH June 19, 2014
“Love these figs. Large, dried, full of fruit, and not to sweet! Some of the best I've had.”
Theresa, St. Augustine, Florida June 12, 2014
“Once again you have delivered the very best! The figs are fantastic...oh, so good!
Promised Andre the postman a sample of the figs. Told him he would be hooked on them...good food, good for you.
Roberta, Trevor, WI June 9, 2014
“The best I've ever had!!!!!”
April, Saint Peters, MO June 7, 2014
“Ordered my mushroom popcorn, cheddar powder, japanese sencha green tea, malted milk powder and beet powder along with these Turkish Figs on Thursday and I had them saturday morning. As always, nuts.com hits the ball out of the park. I have already dipped into the Turkish figs and I have enjoyed three of them... They are delish and fresh. And the free bag of apricots, woo hoo.. Love nuts.com”
Rebecca, Harrison, AR June 5, 2014
“Taste great with sour cherries, almonds, and toasted oats. (Better than Bear Naked granola)”
Showing 61-70 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|