Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Stephen, Westport, MA July 20, 2014
“Great. Just what I was looking for!”
Rita, Marathon, FL July 18, 2014
Kelly, Wheeling, IL July 18, 2014
“Our family love your Figs. It is the best figs we tasted. Definately will order more. Wish I would've ordered the bigger bag.”
Dianne, New York, NY July 11, 2014
“Wonderful, soft and chewy with a great flavor!”
Nathaniel, Saint Louis, MO July 10, 2014
“The Turkish Figs were amazing...emphasis on were. I got the sample pack today, and all but one are gone. I am saving one to give to someone so they can see how delicious they are.”
Kristin, Saint Petersburg, FL July 9, 2014
JUDITH, LAKEWOOD, CO July 5, 2014
“NICE AND BIG AND FRESH!”
Carol, Hammond, IN July 4, 2014
“The figs are delicious and your reliability outstanding. I usually do not respond to surveys so I neglected giving feedback before on other products. Your Sun-dried tomatoes were very good (my sister had ordered) tasty and with a nice chew so I tried your organic Sun-dried tomatoes and found them too salty and hard. I needed to discard. I also liked the veggie chips.”
Suzanne, Bellingham, WA June 28, 2014
“Best ones yet.”
Michael, Drexel Hill, PA June 28, 2014
“I gotta say, this is very very fresh food. All the items I purchased are top quality, NOT second rate. The Turkish Figs are the freshest and darkest I have ever had. The Veggie Chips are incredibly delicious and very fresh. I have purchased these same items from many online retailers and there is stark difference between the items I just received and the others.
If you're reading these comments and trying to decide if this is the place to buy, ....this IS the place to buy!”
Showing 31-40 of 383
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Very tasty figs. Add them with my cereals ,mufffins and waffles.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|