Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
connie, crossville, tn August 15, 2008
“The turkish figs arrived today and they are wonderful. Moist and delish. Thanks.”
CHARLES, Winston-Salem, Nc August 11, 2008
“Ok, received my second order and this one included your Turkish Figs. First time ever eating a dried fig and now I can understand what those famous cookie companies are trying to imitate. Forget it, get the real thing and leave those cookies for the common folks. Yep, just ordered more. :)”
Syria, Long Beach, CA August 11, 2008
“I recently made my first order through NutsOnline! Initially, I was going to order only one 1/lb bag of Turkish Figs. But after reading their raving testimonials I decided to put all of my nuts in one basket. I ordered 3/lbs and they were delivered right on schedule. I've been averaging about a handful a day since I got them. I'm munching on my figs right as I type this! Thanks NutsOnline! I look forward to my future orders!”
Richard July 31, 2008
“Turkish figs are great. But the ultimate comment: these are the first dried figs that my wife likes and she grew up eating fresh figs from their own trees.”
Barb, Ohio July 30, 2008
“This is our second order from Nuts Online and we have been very pleased both times. First were Turkish Figs absolutely delicious and the second was the Dry Roasted Cashews a real taste treat.
PS The witty humor on the notes and invoices did brings smiles ;-) ”
Rosemarie, Tucson, AZ June 10, 2008
“I just receive my shipment and immediately opened the figs. What a delicacy. I will distribute the rest to Dad's this Lord's day and know it will be a treat. Thank you for the site and for keeping in contact. What a find this has been for us.”
Louis C. Smith June 8, 2008
“Your Turkish figs are so moist & delicious. Your product & service are great. Glad I found you.”
Melba, Kentucky June 5, 2008
“In stumbling along searching for new healthier things to improve my diet, I feel very fortunate I found your great site. My expectations were surpassed upon receiving my order. WOW! The figs, strawberries, peppers, etc--all were wonderful, and with fast delivery that is often rare nowadays. I will be back for myself, and I've already begun spreading the word. ”
Annie, Boston, MA April 24, 2008
“i had tried Nutsonlines goji berries and sun-dried tomatoes; they were both extremely high-quality and delicious! on a reorder of the same, i decided to treat myself to a new experience--dried figs! they are delicious with the walnuts i ended up throwing into the shopping cart too! Nutsonline, you're the best!”
Jules, Brooklyn, NY April 4, 2008
“I just received the figs, and i must tell you, they are delicious! I am in love.. thanks for providing such a great service and product.”
Showing 371-380 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|