Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Bob, Collingswood, NJ August 14, 2009
“2nd time I ordered from you - you were great the first time but amazing this time - I put the order in about 7:30 at night and by 10 am the next morning I had 25 pounds of peanuts and some really good figs - sitting on my porch- I know we are only about 90 miles apart but did you drive them down your self - I mean 14 hours from ordering to eating is AMAZING - thank you Bob Jackson”
Alice, Fort Myers, FL August 3, 2009
“Great fruit. I'm starting a high fiber diet and thought the figs would be good for that. They're delicious! I've already made date nut bread with the dates...also delicious.”
Rosemarie, Sewell, NJ July 18, 2009
“Received my order in record time. As stated by so many others, the packaging for your products is excellent. I ordered quite a bit and have not tried everything but what we have sampled is more than satisfactory. The figs are soft and flavorful, not like the store bought where some are nice and others are like leather. We cannot say enough about the dried kiwi. I have not seen them anywhere else and they are, most certainly, worth getting. We will be ordering more. The strawberries and natural pineapple and persimmons were delicious. I appreciate that I was able to get some natural fruits with no extra sugar added since I am diabetic and I can incorporate these into my diet using the dietary info on the packages. I looked at your site primarily for pumpkin seeds without salt and was pleasantly surprised to find all these other goodies. Thank you for great snacks!!!”
Lynne, St.Louis, MO July 2, 2009
“After reading the high praise others had for your fruit, I ordered, but was a little skeptical. Dates and Figs arrived today, very promptly, and, of course I opened a bag of each right away. Absolutely the best I've ever eaten! I will tell my friends, and I'll order again...all too soon, I'm afraid!”
Emily, Bowling Green, Ohio June 30, 2009
“I ordered the turkish dried figs. They are absolutely amazing. I am actually going to make fig wine out of them. If it turns out as good as I hope I will post the recipe that I used. Excellent product and they arrived exactly when promised. I will order from this company again. ”
Barbara, Wayne, NJ June 26, 2009
“On our recent trip to Turkey, I fell in love with Turkish figs. Once home, I found some, but they weren't the same. I just got my first delivery from nutsonline and I'm ecstatic! These are the best I've ever tasted! You've found a customer for life!”
danna, Umpqua, Or February 5, 2009
“Wonderful, Never disappointed. New for this order are the dried Figs. Really great. Moist and great with my 80% chocolate. Thanks, we love your online store.”
Tahina, Addy, WA February 4, 2009
“I love figs and the ones you sell are figmazing. Your website is awesome.”
Jerry, Addy, WA February 4, 2009
“My wife is a figholic and said they are beyond figlicious.”
Faye, Mobile, AL February 3, 2009
“The figs were great. We found an old English recipe for Fig Pudding and wanted to give it a try. It turned out really good. We plan to purchase additional products in the future.”
Showing 361-370 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|