Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Nancy May 19, 2010
“Wow, very quick delivery......and those figs, Oh my gosh, so sweet and moist, I can't eat just one! A little competition for the mulberries - what to do?
I love the new packaging. Keep up the good work.”
Ellen, Hampton Bays, NY April 13, 2010
“All the items are just great, especially the figs. The best I ever ate. The very fast service is very much appreciated. I am sure to order again from you.”
david, johnston, ri April 1, 2010
“I ordered 5 lbs of Turkish figs a couple of weeks ago, and we went through them in no time. They were Delicious! I just received another ten pounds in one day. I ordered them at 6:30pm and found them on my door step in less than 24 hours. Again...what a quality fig, and I've been eating figs my whole life. I don't know where you,
but you guys are THE BOMB! Thanks.
Barbara, Frederick, MD March 22, 2010
“Our order arrived today. My husband and I had one fig after dinner and then we had another and then he had one more. They are very delicious. Will try the other products we received...maybe tomorrow if we can wait. Thanks so much for the speedy delivery. It was a welcome treat after a long day!! Babs”
Berva, NY, New York February 24, 2010
“When I first moved to the States I stocked up on figs I bought back from Turkey and would ask my friends to bring me a few packs every time they would come to visit. Then a friend recommend these and I must say you guys are lifesavers! They're delicious just like the ones home! Thank you so much!”
Naomi, Germany, APO February 3, 2010
“I tried these figs for the first time and my goodness they are delicious! I also live in Germany and am held hostage to the slow APO mail but my order arrived in less than a week which has never happened in 4 years!! I love this company. This is my one-stop shop from now on.”
Maggie, Winchester, VA February 1, 2010
“We ordered the Power Mix and the figs thinking "How exceptional can a power mix be?" Well, it was!! It's a different, but great mix of nuts. And the figs!!!!Oh my!!! I will never buy another fig other than from NutsOnline!!!THAT's a fig!! Very fast delivery-thanks so much!”
Judith, Tunkhannock, PA January 7, 2010
“I couldn't believe how fast my order was delivered to my home. The apricots and figs were, probably, the best I ever had - big and delicious. I also appreciate the fact that they do not have preservatives and are all natural. Thank you”
Barbara, Clifton, PA January 6, 2010
“I placed my order yesterday and received it today. I am impressed by your quick service. We ate the Turkish Figs upon arrival and they were delicious. I cant wait to try the Quinoa.”
Marcella, Norfolk, Virginia December 18, 2009
“OMG, Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! The figs so sweet..the cluster raisins what a find. Quick delivery too. I am so happy! Big grin :) I Love you guys, Please keep up the good work.
I Will Be Back!!!!
From my family to yours,
Showing 341-350 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|