Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sharon, Millersville, MD January 12, 2007
“My neighbor introduced me to Turkish figs about 2 weeks ago and I fell in love with them. It tastes like you're eating a Fig Newton, only all natural. I ordered my products on Tuesday and the package arrived the next day! Super, fast service. I'll be ordering again real soon because my Mom liked the figs so much that she took a bag of mine home with her. Another one of my neighbors just stopped by and I passed along your website to her. We're all trying to cut back, so this is a nice treat to have. Way to go, NUTS ONLINE!”
Lara, Grafton, WV November 15, 2006
“These figs are absolutely delicious. Just received my order a few minutes ago, and couldn't resist digging in. Sweet, fresh, soft and simply scrumptious- as always, Nutsonline does not disappoint!”
Joyce, Phelan, CA September 1, 2006
“WOW! What fast service. I couldn't wait to open the package and taste one of the Turkish figs. What a wonderful treat. Thank you so much.”
Ton W, Florida August 31, 2006
“Hi I just received the order for 10 pounds of Turkish figs and 3 pound of raw almonds.
The figs are the best I ever tasted. Delicious.
The almonds are great also.”
Stephen L. Vinson, Abilene, TX August 30, 2006
“My order for Turkish Figs from Nuts Online arrived exactly when promised and the product was superior in every way. What more could you want from a supplier? ”
Jeri, Pittsburgh, PA August 20, 2006
“Oh my gosh! I lived in Turkey for five years. It's known for its great food, but one of the things I loved most were the wonderful dried figs, which were always fat and moist, not dessicated like you find most other places. We buy them by the kilo! It's one of the foods I miss most (they're a great pre-workout snack!), so when I saw them on your website, I ordered a pound, but was skeptical they'd be the same.
Well, I just tried them and was stunned to find the same excellent figs we ate in Turkey. These were fabulous, and the pound bag will disappear quickly. You have a customer for as long as you carry these!”
David, New Albany July 14, 2006
“I received my 5 pound bag of dried figs in good order, and they taste great. I am diabetic, but can enjoy these figs in moderation with no problem. Thanks”
Midge January 20, 2006
“These are the best Turkish figs I ever had. You guys are great!”
Steve, Herriman, UT December 12, 2005
“I only eat Figs, apricots and almonds for breakfast each day and have been doing that for 2 years. Haven't been sick one day and recently took a routine colon check and it came up completely clean! Here's to good health!!”
Jacqueline, Queens Village, New York November 14, 2005
“My delivery was well packaged and on time as usual. Those figs and apricots were so deliciously moist and tempting, not like the ones in the supermarket. Now that I know better there's no going back. Nutsonline you're a life saver. Thanks again. ”
Showing 311-320 of 324
Michael, Drexel Hill, PA June 28, 2014
“I gotta say, this is very very fresh food. All the items I purchased are top quality, NOT second rate. The Turkish Figs are the freshest and darkest I have ever had. The Veggie Chips are incredibly delicious and very fresh. I have purchased these same items from many online retailers and there is stark difference between the items I just received and the others.
If you're reading these comments and trying to decide if this is the place to buy, ....this IS the place to buy!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|