Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Midge January 20, 2006
“These are the best Turkish figs I ever had. You guys are great!”
Steve, Herriman, UT December 12, 2005
“I only eat Figs, apricots and almonds for breakfast each day and have been doing that for 2 years. Haven't been sick one day and recently took a routine colon check and it came up completely clean! Here's to good health!!”
Jacqueline, Queens Village, New York November 14, 2005
“My delivery was well packaged and on time as usual. Those figs and apricots were so deliciously moist and tempting, not like the ones in the supermarket. Now that I know better there's no going back. Nutsonline you're a life saver. Thanks again. ”
marsha, chapel hill, nc November 9, 2005
“my husband is absolutely delighted with the quality of his birthday figs!
he's not easy to please where his figs are concerned :) ”
Rich, Edison, NJ September 29, 2005
“No question the finest figs I have ever had. Thank you for making it so easy to get them!! See you soon.”
Sue, Sacramento, California June 6, 2005
“The figs I received from you are the best
I ever had. I can't say enough about them. You better believe I'll be ordering more dates and figs from you. ”
Showing 311-320 of 317
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|