Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rachel, Chagrin Falls, OH November 18, 2010
“Just like the other testimonials said, my order arrived in one day! Everything I ordered was packed nicely in the box (the Turkish figs are awesome-no need to ever buy the grocery store model again), and NutsOnline even threw in a little bag of freebie fruit to tempt me even more. A first class outfit with good prices!”
giedre, Taos, NM November 13, 2010
“Having lived in Wa. state, I first discovered Nuts Online because of the duchilly variety of hazelnuts offered; i could not find them anywhere else.Every time i place an order, i try something different. This last time i ordered figs for my very picky italian husband (he knows his figs): he says they are the best!
I am so very satisfied with the quck delivery, the follow-through customer service & above all the quality of the items offered by Nuts Online!
Barbara Negrescu, Ontario, California October 11, 2010
“You're right everything was received right on time. Enjoyed already the strawberries, the turkish figs and the mangos. I don't think I have ever tasted such delicious figs before.
I will be ordering more real soon.
Thanks for the great service, Barbara”
Paul, Fall River, Ma. October 8, 2010
“Hi again received my order boy those figs
are great,everything was great I will be
doing lots of shopping from you.
Boy fast shipping it was only to be shipped on the 7th and was only to get
it on the 8th. but when I got home my
package was there on the 7th great.
You are the best yet.
Karen, Goshen, OH September 19, 2010
“I just want to say "your company has the best fruit, nuts and service I have ever received".. The English walnuts are by far superior to any others I have ever purchased. When you sent me the free sample of Turkish figs and I had never eaten a whole fig before(only fig newton cookies) and I must say "I loved them"..I ordered the 5 pound bag immediately. Now my snack I sit on my computer desk is a small bowl of walnuts and figs! I must say you have one of the fastest shipping times I've ever experienced. As far away as I am from you I receive my orders in 2 days. Most items I order from your vicinity usually take at least a week or longer to get here.I've only been a customer for a short time but I will be back for sure. All companies should take lessons from you for quality and service because it doesn't get any better.”
Vivienne September 3, 2010
“Just received my first order and you guys ROCK! Hubby tried the Turkish Figs and nearly passed out.....sooo yummy!! The Energy Bars are delicious and the complimentary dried Apricots were such a nice surprise. I'm going to try the Fig Jam this weekend with my breakfast and am sure it's going to be yummy too! I'm already making a list for my next order. Thanks so much to the whole Nutty crew!”
Glenn, Bristol, TN September 1, 2010
“Once again, very fast service and excellent products. I am now hooked on your Turkish Figs.”
Connie, Garland, NC September 1, 2010
“I love figs and recently purchased a sampler of the Turkish Figs!!!! They were awesome and I had to go back and order 5lbs. I am telling everybody I talk to about these figs. Absolutely delicious!”
Julia W Pastore August 25, 2010
“Dear NutsOnline Family-
You guys are unbelievable! I have no idea who you get your Turkish figs from (is it even on this planet?)but they are NOTHING and I MEAN NOTHING (!) like what I have had in the past. I used to literally HATE dried figs and my mom used to make us eat them for the vitamins. WELL- I WISH my mom were still around to see how terrible the figs we got were :-) and how WONDERFUL these are as she was a true date and fig lover! These are the PLUMPEST, TENDEREST (NOT ROCKS like grocery store figs!!) SWEETEST, and richest tasting figs I have ever had and BELIEVE me I have eaten many, many figs I HATED over the years trying to get the phytonutrients that dates and figs have. You have made eating these little jewels A PLEASURE AND I canNOT believe I am HOOKED! THANK YOU for making one of the world's healthiest foods ACTUALLY SCRUMPTIOUS to eat! I have told my whole family scattered around the U.S. about you guys! Many thanks!!!”
Robin, San Diego, CA August 12, 2010
“The figs are delicious! This 5-pound bag will disappear quickly...”
Showing 301-310 of 382
Lula, Elgin, SC August 31, 2014
“They are fabulous!!!!! I will be ordering more when these are gone. I love them!!!
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|