Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Marcia, Davie, Florida January 25, 2009
“The candied ginger is sweet, hot and absolutely yummy. The figs are soft and slightly sweet. The tart cherries could be a little less sweet, but nonetheless are truly wonderful. The peaches are just lovely with a nice crisp texture.
Thank you for having a wide selection of choices available to us. You fill a niche that the local stores cannot fill.
Jane, West Palm Beach, Florida October 30, 2008
“Shame on me, I didn't know figs were that good! What a difference between what I've purchased in the grocery store and your product... I know where I'll be getting figs from from now on...”
Dawn, VA October 1, 2008
“After reading the rave reviews on the Turkish Figs, I decided to add a pound to my order and give them a try. I have tried all of the figs in the grocery store (fresh and dried) and they were always a big disappointment. The figs from Nuts Online certainly live up to the rave reviews! So sweet, moist and delicious they are better than the fig cookies and bars from the bakery and healthier! I will be ordering them regularly, one pound is not enough. I also ordered the bing cherries and they are also moist and delicious. The quality is unsurpassed and the prices are great. I will be ordering frequently! ”
elaine, shelbyville, in September 26, 2008
“I love Turkish figs but have to drive 70 miles away to buy them. Needless to say, I can't do this very often. I found Nutsonline and threw caution to the wind. My initial order was delivered yesterday and I am overwhelmed! They are even better (if that is possible) than the ones I dream of. Thank you so much for being there for me!”
adrienne, Daytona Beach, Florida August 28, 2008
“Your products and site were recommended to me by a friend from S.C. I frankly expected average product but instead received superior! The best figs, golden raisins and dried peaches I have ever eaten. The freshest and tastiest walnuts, with no breakage. I couldn't ask for more. ”
connie, crossville, tn August 15, 2008
“The turkish figs arrived today and they are wonderful. Moist and delish. Thanks.”
CHARLES, Winston-Salem, Nc August 11, 2008
“Ok, received my second order and this one included your Turkish Figs. First time ever eating a dried fig and now I can understand what those famous cookie companies are trying to imitate. Forget it, get the real thing and leave those cookies for the common folks. Yep, just ordered more. :)”
Syria, Long Beach, CA August 11, 2008
“I recently made my first order through NutsOnline! Initially, I was going to order only one 1/lb bag of Turkish Figs. But after reading their raving testimonials I decided to put all of my nuts in one basket. I ordered 3/lbs and they were delivered right on schedule. I've been averaging about a handful a day since I got them. I'm munching on my figs right as I type this! Thanks NutsOnline! I look forward to my future orders!”
Richard July 31, 2008
“Turkish figs are great. But the ultimate comment: these are the first dried figs that my wife likes and she grew up eating fresh figs from their own trees.”
Barb, Ohio July 30, 2008
“This is our second order from Nuts Online and we have been very pleased both times. First were Turkish Figs absolutely delicious and the second was the Dry Roasted Cashews a real taste treat.
PS The witty humor on the notes and invoices did brings smiles ;-) ”
Showing 291-300 of 325
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|