Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mei, Nashville, TN August 28, 2014
“Very tasty !”
Rajesh, Morgantown, WV August 26, 2014
“So soft and fresh!! WOW......”
Jennifer, Daly City, CA August 25, 2014
“Got my family hooked on the figs. Gave coworkers sample and they just placed an order too!”
Carol, South Portland, ME August 25, 2014
“Just the best!”
Sylvia, Dallas, TX August 23, 2014
Mohammed, Durham, NC August 21, 2014
“Fresh and tender”
scott, Troy, AL August 20, 2014
“These figs are perfect. Very moist , not dried out like some I've bought elsewhere.”
Eadie, Petal, MS August 20, 2014
“The Turkish Figs were AMAZING!!!!! I put the bag in the frig, and my husband and I tried to out-sneak each other. I would sneak one here and sneak one there, hoping he would not notice. Apparently my husband did the same thing.... Imagine my dismay when I found the last three figs were GONE!!! The neighborhood called me because they heard the wail of dismay around the neighborhood!
These figs are amazing!!!!!!!”
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
SHIRLEY, North Aurora, IL August 20, 2014
“NOTHING LIKE GROCERY CHAIN FIGS. THESE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO FRESH!!!!!!!!”
Showing 21-30 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|