Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Catherine N Duane, Mass February 24, 2011
“Excellent service, product and packaging.
The best dried figs I have ever tasted!
I will order again and will refer others.
Thanks so much!”
Maargaaret C. Yoest, Silver Spring, Maryland February 22, 2011
“I bought Turkish Figs and they are just 'out of this world'. The California figs are great, but not as good as Turkish. I also got black walnuts and they, too, are SUPER!”
Maria Clara, Miami, FL February 22, 2011
“I loved the products i got. I thought i was not going to be able to get figs like these outside of Turkey! I am a big fan.”
Adnan, Wayne, NJ February 12, 2011
“First of all, the selection of goodies on this site is amazing. My order arrived within a few days and everything was delicious. My wife went off her diet to try the dried figs I had ordered and she practically finished the whole bag. I will definitely be ordering from here again. Thanks!”
JAMES, ETOBICOKE, ONT February 11, 2011
“I HAVE PLACED 4 ORDERS SO FAR AND EVERYTHING HAS ABSOLUTELY YUMMIE.
SO MUCH NUTRITIOUS FOOD LIKE DRIED TURKISH FIGS AND YOU HAVE TO TRY THE CHIA SEEDS. THEY ARE VERY HIGH IN OMEGA-3 AND A DOZEN OTHER GOODIES.”
Tish, Gardendale, Alabama February 8, 2011
“Everything arrived promtly just as promised. The Japanese peanuts are delicious very fresh and crunchy just like I used to have as a child in Brasil. The Turkish figs are fresh and soft love them. Can't wait to use the almond paste. Will be ordering again, thank-you.”
Judy, Grants Pass, Oregon February 2, 2011
“The figs are moist and wonderful. The shipping was fast and secure. LOVE THESE!!”
Anthony, Nashville, TN February 1, 2011
“I received these as a sample with my order. I tried one and really didn't like it much. a few hours later, I figured I'd try another one. In just a few days, the sample was gone, and I found that I wanted more. I can't believe I didn't like them at first, and I have the added benefit of knowing that they're so good for me! I'm definitely getting them again.”
Diane Schamp, Okanagan Falls, Canada January 31, 2011
“Again I have not been disappointed in the products ordered from your company. The Turkish figs were moist and arrived in perfect condition. Thanks so much!”
Zachary January 29, 2011
“Nuts online sent me a sample of these with my order of black licorice. I love dried fruit like apricots, raisins, prunes, and currants, and these figs are the best dried fruit I've ever had.
They're basically like an extremely fresh fig newton without the nasty chemical taste of starchy feeling in your stomach. Absolutely perfect.”
Showing 281-290 of 382
Lula, Elgin, SC August 31, 2014
“They are fabulous!!!!! I will be ordering more when these are gone. I love them!!!
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|