Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
JOHN, MARLBORO, NJ April 29, 2011
“As you can see from my account I have been using you for many years. You folks are fantastic.Products are superior in every way. Thank you”
Bob, Cullman, Al April 26, 2011
“Shipment came right on time. I have looked everywhere for butter mints like this to no avail. These were just what I wanted. I have also ordered the figs from other sites but they were no where near as fresh as these. It might have something to do with the quality of the package they are in. It's easy to open and resealable. Thanks. Bob”
Leslie, CA April 23, 2011
“I just ordered for the first time and received my shipment of goodies yesterday! Everything is SO fresh and my boys love the turkish figs and dried strawberries. I've already placed my second order and am so glad I have found your website. I would love to visit your store in person some day. ”
Melanie April 21, 2011
“Super fast shipping!! The figs are the best I've ever had! So glad I've found your company!!”
stella, Antioch, TN April 20, 2011
“Made my day! My daughter was home from work (sick) today and I gave her the cashews and figs I had ordered for her ... and it was very comforting to her. Couldn't have come at a better time (and it came exactly when you said it would.)”
Helena, North Carolina April 15, 2011
“You did it again! Broke the sound barrier with your delivery speed! The nuts and figs are the best ever, by far!”
Rose, Harker Heights, Tx April 15, 2011
“I am glad I found Nuts Online! (thank you to Elana's Pantry) Everything I ordered was just as described, wonderful! As soon as the UPS man delivered the package, we opened it and began to sample all the products. Can't wait to try the figs in Elana's recipe for fig newtons. Thank you :)”
Rick Abraham, Livonia, MI April 6, 2011
“I bought 5lbs of the Turkish figs and I think I already ate 1lb as soon as I opened the bag. They were awesome and worth the money. Had to force myself to stop eating them. Thanks for the quick delivery. ”
Wendy, Annapolis, MD April 5, 2011
“Super fast service and excellent products! The macadamia nuts I ordered were HUGE as well as the turkish figs. Thanks so much!”
GinGer, Hendersonville, North Carolina March 28, 2011
“I'm just "NUTS" about your stuff. The Garbanzo Beans, Wild Rice and Turkish Figs came today. They look wonderful. Making a Chicken dish with the Rice and Turkish Figs. Oh YUM. ”
Showing 281-290 of 399
BARBARA, Ormond Beach, FL September 18, 2014
“Each bite a Turkish delight”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|