Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Julie, Juneau, Ak May 24, 2011
“Oh My Goodness!! I just got my figs! Turkish, California & Mission. I have never had such delicious treats! You can't really call what we get in Alaska figs. Nuts Online has the best! ”
Daria, Waterville, Maine May 19, 2011
“I have just received some complementary figs with my order and I have to say--they are AMAZING. They are so delicious that I forgot about my nuts. Thank you for this yummy sampler, Nutsonline, I appreciate it! ”
mag, leavenworth, ks May 18, 2011
“i was as was my family so very surprised with the taste of this product, you can buy dried fruit just about anywhere now a days, but from now on, nuts online is our dried fruit headquarters”
James, Mira Loma, California May 11, 2011
“Figs are delish.Will try some ginger tea
after dinner and you will be hearing from me again.For how long cannot say as im 92+yrs. old.I have a smile on my lips and a song in my heart.”
Joann, Covington, Ga May 10, 2011
“I have ordered twice from your company. I am impressed that I received my order when you said I would get it. Everything I ordered is good. I really loved the Turkish figs and the pastachio. I will be ordering again. Keep up the excellent service. It is the key to loyal customers.
Amy, Mebane, NC May 10, 2011
“I LOVE YOU!!! Got a bunch of nuts and seeds as well as a 5-pound bag of dried figs. Everything is lovely, but the figs are especially incredible. These are a very nice treat and I'm going to order more dried fruit in the very near future. Thanks for the great service and for letting me choose a delivery day. I'll be back for more!”
Pamela, Hermosa Beach, CA May 10, 2011
“Awesome figs and licorice! Delivered in perfect time to Michigan for my dear 86 year old mother. She loved them!
Stephen, Olympia, WA May 7, 2011
“Our 2nd order confirms our experience from our 1st order. All the unbelievably positive comments are true - the nuts, fruit, and chocolate sweets are the very best we've ever eaten! We ordered items we have purchased from other suppliers for many years - and Nutsonline are second to none!”
Donna, Hobart, NY May 3, 2011
“I just completed my second order. Again, the order was completed lightning fast. The products were first rate at a price that I don't think could be beat anywhere. Just as an aside, one of my orders was for 10 pounds of figs. I can only compare the taste and quality of these figs with figs that I grew up eating while living in Turkey. Absolutely outstanding!”
Suzanne, lancaster, pa April 30, 2011
“Your turkish figs are delicious! Just LOVE them, they are soft and naturally sweet. Unfortunately I only purchased 2 pounds just to try, but I definitely will order more soon and try some other yummies.
Showing 271-280 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|