Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Connie, Garland, NC September 1, 2010
“I love figs and recently purchased a sampler of the Turkish Figs!!!! They were awesome and I had to go back and order 5lbs. I am telling everybody I talk to about these figs. Absolutely delicious!”
Julia W Pastore August 25, 2010
“Dear NutsOnline Family-
You guys are unbelievable! I have no idea who you get your Turkish figs from (is it even on this planet?)but they are NOTHING and I MEAN NOTHING (!) like what I have had in the past. I used to literally HATE dried figs and my mom used to make us eat them for the vitamins. WELL- I WISH my mom were still around to see how terrible the figs we got were :-) and how WONDERFUL these are as she was a true date and fig lover! These are the PLUMPEST, TENDEREST (NOT ROCKS like grocery store figs!!) SWEETEST, and richest tasting figs I have ever had and BELIEVE me I have eaten many, many figs I HATED over the years trying to get the phytonutrients that dates and figs have. You have made eating these little jewels A PLEASURE AND I canNOT believe I am HOOKED! THANK YOU for making one of the world's healthiest foods ACTUALLY SCRUMPTIOUS to eat! I have told my whole family scattered around the U.S. about you guys! Many thanks!!!”
Robin, San Diego, CA August 12, 2010
“The figs are delicious! This 5-pound bag will disappear quickly...”
Laurence, VA July 19, 2010
“I received my delivery of Turkish Figs this afternoon and was quite surprised with both the taste and texture of the figs. The figs are moist and delicious...YUMMERS!”
Adele, Sandpoin t, Idaho July 16, 2010
“I received the 4lbs of dried figs today and couldn't wait to eat one. They were nice and large and delicious! ”
Lois, Lexington Park, Md July 10, 2010
“Ok, you guys are awesome. Everyone reading this, take notice. I ordered this yesterday, and here it is 24hrs later, I have my package. The coconut flour is absolutely wonderful and of course the yummy Turkish Figs are to die for. Thank you so much for processing this so quickly. I am telling friends and family, as far as Texas, check you out! I am smiling a smile as big as Texas. Thank you again”
Lois, Lexington Park, MD July 9, 2010
“Thank you, thank you. Everything I ordered was outstanding. The Turkish Figs are so incredible,it is like eating a piece of candy, only different! Everything arrived in such a timely fashion, in perfect shape. Still, it is the eating that is the biggest pleasure, and all is wonderful. Thank you again, and I will be back for more very soon”
Jim, Frankfort, MI June 4, 2010
“I just got home and packed away the treats. Your packaging is superb. The figs are magnificent. The best I have had since living in Tangier in 1977. Perfect. Not slimy like the ones in small packets in grocery stores, or dead dry like the ones sitting lonely in bins at Whole Foods or my local Natural Foods Co-op”
Mary E Wilcox May 28, 2010
“I am VERY happy with my purchase. I ordered dried figs, which are fabulous-the best I've ever had. Who needs to eat Fig Newtons when you can spare the cookie calories and enjoy the whole fruit--much better for you and these are so good that you don't even miss the cookie! I also ordered dried apricots--which are soft and yummy, and almonds--which I haven't opened yet but will soon. The quality is excellent and the delivery time was super fast. I eat fruit and nuts every day as a big part of my diet so quality is a big deal to me. I highly recommend trying out Nuts Online--great service!”
Nancy May 19, 2010
“Wow, very quick delivery......and those figs, Oh my gosh, so sweet and moist, I can't eat just one! A little competition for the mulberries - what to do?
I love the new packaging. Keep up the good work.”
Showing 251-260 of 325
sarah, Prescott, az July 21, 2014
“Today I received my order and it was well packed. I love their Turkish figs (dried), and the white mullberries are delicious. I was happy to receive a nice sample of Turkish apricots. I love buying from this store.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|