Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jeri M Coldwell, Wichita, KS August 8, 2011
“I purchased as a sample and tried. I never had these before and, I was pleasantly surprised! LOVE them!! I will have to get a "real" order. Thanks so much!”
Justin, Downingtown, Pennsylvania August 8, 2011
“Let me just say that I am very, very impressed with the quality of product that Nuts Online offers and the speed at which I received my order. I ordered organic shredded coconut, Turkish Figs, and walnuts. All products were as advertised and even better than expected! Everything was very fresh and plump!!
The box arrived on the doorstep of my family's house a day and a half after having placed the order!!
I currently live overseas and it is difficult to find the quality products that Nuts Online offers!
I will definitely be shopping with you again, again and again!
Keep up the good work Nuts Online!!
Businesses like yours are a dime a dozen!!
Stephanie, Ocala, Florida August 7, 2011
“Many thanks for the free sample!
They are great - I will include them in future orders.”
Cheryl, Clarksburg, WV August 6, 2011
“Best figs I've ever tasted & love the goji energy bars. I'm so impressed, that I have already made a new list of healthy items along with a few decadent desserts.
I've been recommending you to friends & family. You carry so many unique items! My favorite nutty site... Thank you!”
Mary Lou , syracuse, new york August 4, 2011
“I am very pleased with this purchase-items were shipped super fast and product ( turkish figs, chai vanilla tea & sun dried tomatoes) were fresh and delicious. The packaging is super cute too and nice message on the invoice. I would definitely order from this site again-made me smile!”
Moussa July 29, 2011
“it's because of all the good testimonials by others here that i decided to place my order with Nuts oline; yesterday i got my order, one day earlier than promised, and most importantly, everything I ordered was really good, so will definitely order from them again. ”
Tina, NJ July 26, 2011
“Arrive in perfect condition. Everything was fresh and
geri, ME July 22, 2011
“Great products & fast delivery! Very pleased & will definitely order again!”
Stephanie July 20, 2011
“I've had dried figs and fresh figs before. But I've never had dried figs like these. These figs are very good, naturally sweet, chewy and moist. I'll definitely will order more in the future.”
Michelle , Arlington, Ma July 19, 2011
“I gotta say, you guys are speedy and your stuff is great. I purchased the turkish figs and vanilla granola (for a healthier breakfast of course) and they were both so good I decided to make a tiny cookie of them by pressing the granola into the fig... crackilicious!”
Showing 251-260 of 406
Bill, Clarksville, TX September 26, 2014
“I eat these all the time with smoke salmon and bree cheese. Leave out the cheese and you have a perfect meal that's again good for you. Figs a good for you in many ways and salmon is a good fat.
The body needs fat but it needs the good fat. The cold water sea food and dried figs are both good for you. I got these figs for ? 5.90 lb. at the store I could get less than 7 ounces for over $ 6.00 dollars.
duuuuah, that's a much better deal and the Nuts.com figs were better. Need to order some more tonight.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|