Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Vicky A Dilcher September 21, 2011
“Wow! Everything is amazing! The figs are incredible, dates delish, nuts awesome, just love love love it all! Thanks so much! Keep up the good works!
Sandi, Tucson, Arizona September 17, 2011
“Shipment received right on time! Your Turkish Figs are the best! I have ordered these several times because they are so fresh.
Enjoyed the unsalted pistashio nuts and the buttercrunch gourmet mix.
I really enjoy dealing with you guys. We're family!!”
Erika, Greenwich, CT September 14, 2011
“Can't believe the quality of the dried bananas I just received.... incredible!! Also ordered figs that are top quality. Speedy shipping, reasonable prices... what more can you ask for?”
Carol, Houston, TX September 2, 2011
“ The dried figs absolutely melted in my mouth like honey coated baklava with a tenth of the calories! I have never tasted anything so good!”
Michele, Evansville, Indiana September 1, 2011
“Turkish figs, oh my! These are fat and sweet and so yummy. My husband said, I don't how much they cost, but whatever they cost, it was worth it. Also love the mangoes; haven't had any that sweet and tender in years. The first dried mangoes I ever had were brought to the states by some Phillipine business colleagues and these lived up to that experience. Also can't wait to use the lemon chips in my gluten-free cakes and cookies. And the cranberry beans, thank you, they will make good eating for a long time! I ordered on a Sunday night, received everything Wednesday, as promised. This was my first order; I'll be back.”
Amy, slater, mo August 28, 2011
“I was looking for dates to use in a cookie recipe, did a google search and found your site. The honey dates are amazing and the turkish figs are wonderful too! I will definitely be ordering from you again. Great selection, great site and super fast shipping! I can't wait to try something new the next time I order! Thank You!!!”
Alberto, Ciales, PR August 27, 2011
“The nuts and dry fruit are excellent. Everything was clean & packaged well. The Turkish Figs are my favorite, they're delicious! And they shipped to PR”
Dorothy, Woodway, TX August 25, 2011
“Can't find figs anywhere in grocery stores here. I was go glad to find them online. These are great. I am so glad I can get them. I'll try some of the other kinds of figs next time.”
HELENA, dandridge, tennessee August 22, 2011
“I've received my order and I'm more than happy! I loved the figs, the bars,chia and everything else. I will order again from you, FOR SURE! Everything was packed neatly. Thanks a lot. Helena”
Layne, Hickory Corners, Michigan August 20, 2011
“While I have not tried everything I ordered yet, I have tasted the figs. I have not had figs like these since I was over seas while in the US Navy. Out-freaking-standing! These are the best figs I have ever had this side of the pond! The reviews, while great, do not do these justice.
The whole wheat blueberry and raspberry bars are also superb. These are only comparable to a "fig newton" in regard to looks. In any other regard, fig newtons would not be on the same scale as these.
The only unfortunate experience I have encountered has been with the black rice sesame rounds. I am unsure it was shipping, packaging or otherwise, but the 1 yummy pound bag was crushed, leaving me with more of a coarse powder than rounds.
Everything else has been great so far. Thank you, so long as the quality and taste of your products continue to be at this high standard, I will order, as well as recommend, again.”
Showing 231-240 of 396
T.A.Markel, Ashland, Ohio September 14, 2014
Received your shipment very quickly . Tried most of samples,and
found to be great. The Turkish figs sample is about gone. Not sure
if I really like them or need money back ? Please send another sample ? HaHa, kidding figs are best I've ever had!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|