Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Tish, Gardendale, Alabama February 8, 2011
“Everything arrived promtly just as promised. The Japanese peanuts are delicious very fresh and crunchy just like I used to have as a child in Brasil. The Turkish figs are fresh and soft love them. Can't wait to use the almond paste. Will be ordering again, thank-you.”
Judy, Grants Pass, Oregon February 2, 2011
“The figs are moist and wonderful. The shipping was fast and secure. LOVE THESE!!”
Anthony, Nashville, TN February 1, 2011
“I received these as a sample with my order. I tried one and really didn't like it much. a few hours later, I figured I'd try another one. In just a few days, the sample was gone, and I found that I wanted more. I can't believe I didn't like them at first, and I have the added benefit of knowing that they're so good for me! I'm definitely getting them again.”
Diane Schamp, Okanagan Falls, Canada January 31, 2011
“Again I have not been disappointed in the products ordered from your company. The Turkish figs were moist and arrived in perfect condition. Thanks so much!”
Zachary January 29, 2011
“Nuts online sent me a sample of these with my order of black licorice. I love dried fruit like apricots, raisins, prunes, and currants, and these figs are the best dried fruit I've ever had.
They're basically like an extremely fresh fig newton without the nasty chemical taste of starchy feeling in your stomach. Absolutely perfect.”
Connie, Austin, Texas January 24, 2011
“My God, what wonderful treats. I'm the kind of person, who will voice my opinion if something isn't right or good. But I also, will give credit when it is due. Your products are simply superb and delicious. You are a professional company with excellent quality products. I am going to enjoy being a regular customer. It's been a long time since I've seen good stuff like these. Please expand your selections and give us more. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!”
KIM, ANOKA January 21, 2011
“I am very pleased with the 1st order I received, so pleased that I had to reorder immediatly. The turkish figs are amazing, I also loved the strawberries. I can't say enough good things about your company”
Malcolm, Llano, TX January 20, 2011
“The Turkish figs you sent are every bit as good as the ones I buy at the bazaars in Turkey. Thank you.”
Diana Khan, Houston, TX January 14, 2011
“I love my order! My husband had been after me to buy some figs from this great website he had discovered. So finally for his belated birthday, I placed an order for him.
He loves the figs, they are so fresh. They are fat and juicy. Nuts Online, where have you been all this time. Thank you very much. You've made a customer out of me.
Florence M. Welsh January 12, 2011
“It's only Wednesday and I'm already munching on Turkish figs. You and FedEx are a great team and managed to get my needed goodies to me two days early inspite of the horrendous weather. Thank you so much. F.M.Welsh, Tenn.”
Showing 221-230 of 317
Marcia J Ambrose, Walnut Creek, CA April 6, 2014
“Dried figs sustained me crossing the Sahara desert. They were fresh dried from local trees. I have hunted for years for figs like those, from the best markets, to no avail. What a surprise and treat to finally find their equal from nuts.com! I heartily recommend the figs and other products as fabulous!!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|