Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Monty, New York, NY March 9, 2011
“My order was received so quickly! When I opened the box to check everything out I saw that each product was in it's own individual packaging complete with zip-lock tops so they can stay fresh. As for the taste? AMAZING! I can't stop eating the dried sour cherries or the Turkish figs. Every night so far I've been making a nice cup of lemon tea with the dried lemons, those are fantastic. The only issue was that I had ordered blueberry jam and received black raspberry jam instead. I sent an email to them and received a reply quickly apologizing for the mixup and was told that my blueberry jam would be shipped promptly with no cost to me. THANKS GUYS! I will definitely be ordering more items from you in the future. ”
ANTHONY, MONROE, NEW JERSEY March 8, 2011
“JUST GOT MY ORDER, THE WIFE IS LOVING THE FIGS & I CAN'T STOP EATING THE PISTACHIOS, GREAT PRODUCTS, WILL BE RE-ORDERING SOON, THANKS,”
Paul, Springfield, MO March 3, 2011
“I am part of a 1st century Roman reenacting group that hosts a total immersion event every March. With fellow reactors from around the US & Canada, we strive for period accuracy, not only in period costume, but in food. Your company supplied us with figs last year that we used in a 1st century desert: fig walnut cakes. This year we will use the figs for this delectable pastry, but as part of out fruit plate we set out at each meal. Thank you for providing a quality product at a reasonable price.”
Joni, WI February 24, 2011
“OMG! I am shocked at how good these are. I had bought some at the store. Thought they tasted really good. They were even organic. Then I checked out my co-op figs. They were tiny dried out and I thought I guess I'll give up figs. One last try I bought these and OMG are these good. Big, real big and fresh with lots of goodness inside. They don't look dried out nor do they taste like that.
The ones I bought from my store are no longer there. And I bought a good amount on sale and had to throw away 8 of them because they started going moldy. I am so so glad I bought these. Honesty they taste even better then the organic ones I bought. I have to pay more. But man there is no comparing these to any I have seen or tasted. Hands down the best you can buy. ”
Catherine N Duane, Mass February 24, 2011
“Excellent service, product and packaging.
The best dried figs I have ever tasted!
I will order again and will refer others.
Thanks so much!”
Maargaaret C. Yoest, Silver Spring, Maryland February 22, 2011
“I bought Turkish Figs and they are just 'out of this world'. The California figs are great, but not as good as Turkish. I also got black walnuts and they, too, are SUPER!”
Maria Clara, Miami, FL February 22, 2011
“I loved the products i got. I thought i was not going to be able to get figs like these outside of Turkey! I am a big fan.”
Adnan, Wayne, NJ February 12, 2011
“First of all, the selection of goodies on this site is amazing. My order arrived within a few days and everything was delicious. My wife went off her diet to try the dried figs I had ordered and she practically finished the whole bag. I will definitely be ordering from here again. Thanks!”
JAMES, ETOBICOKE, ONT February 11, 2011
“I HAVE PLACED 4 ORDERS SO FAR AND EVERYTHING HAS ABSOLUTELY YUMMIE.
SO MUCH NUTRITIOUS FOOD LIKE DRIED TURKISH FIGS AND YOU HAVE TO TRY THE CHIA SEEDS. THEY ARE VERY HIGH IN OMEGA-3 AND A DOZEN OTHER GOODIES.”
Tish, Gardendale, Alabama February 8, 2011
“Everything arrived promtly just as promised. The Japanese peanuts are delicious very fresh and crunchy just like I used to have as a child in Brasil. The Turkish figs are fresh and soft love them. Can't wait to use the almond paste. Will be ordering again, thank-you.”
Showing 221-230 of 326
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|