Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sharon, Fort Worth, TX January 25, 2014
“The Turkish figs are delicious, this is my second time to order, I will be back.
Aicha, Madison, Wisconsin January 13, 2014
“Thank you for your prompt service.
The mulberries and figs are delicious!”
Jose, Glendale, AZ. January 9, 2014
“I have tasted figs from many places, Portugal, Spain,
Grecia, Turquia, Marrocos, Argelia, Libano, etc. etc.
Nothing to compare with those from nuts.com !!!
Congratulations, and thank you. Great figs.
kim, panama city, fl December 30, 2013
“I ordered the sample pack to see how they were (some you get are very dry). These are excellent quality and love them will be ordering the regular quantity this time. Wonderful!! Very impressed.”
Margarida, Los Altos, Ca December 14, 2013
“Dear Nutty family,
Received my dried figs order yesterday. I want to let you know that I am very happy with it, the figs are delicious and the service was great.
One very happy customer,
bill, n.c, state road December 10, 2013
“Hi, I received my order of Turkish figs & was super impressed thank you loads you have a steady new customer. Merry Christmas & happy new year. Sincerly Bill Strait”
Rosemary, Fairfax, VA December 10, 2013
“My blueberries and Turkish figs arrived right on time yesterday. They're always a treat ... my very favorite! I appreciate how quickly you nutty folks send my packages, and the flavors never disappoint. I'll be back!”
Anthony, Lake Mills, WI December 6, 2013
“The figs I ordered for my folks were far better tasting than the store bought ones and buying the 30 lb size resulted in a cost of ~$4.70 per lb including shipping; the paper between the layers kept them from sticking together and getting crushed. We eat loads of figs, and, I'll be using Nuts.com as my supplier from now on. Thanks for the prompt shipment. Made a great early Christmas present.”
Paul S. Oliver, Marcy, NY November 26, 2013
“I just placed my second order. I was amazed at the QUALITY and SERVICE of the products that you sent me. I make Italian cookies for the holidays and have received much acclaim for them. I placed a small order with your company and the Turkish figs were so amazing they never made it to the oven, eaten like candy. I have liked you on Facebook and will share your name with everyone I know.”
Thomas, Signal Mountain, TN November 20, 2013
“Delivered as promised. I opened the bag as soon as I got home and ate a couple Turkish figs. Delicious!! I'm glad I ordered the 5 lb bag!!”
Showing 11-20 of 318
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|