Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Em, Beaufort, NC September 4, 2014
“Loved the sample last month , added a pound to this month's order. You describe them perfectly in Health Tip 1.”
Italo, Little elm, TX September 2, 2014
“Awesome !! :))”
shobha, East Elmhurst, NY September 1, 2014
“Very tasty figs. Add them with my cereals ,mufffins and waffles.”
Lula, Elgin, SC August 31, 2014
“They are fabulous!!!!! I will be ordering more when these are gone. I love them!!!
Anish, Delaware, OH August 30, 2014
“Plump and tasty. I can't find figs this good anywhere but Nuts.com.”
Ramona, Asheville, NC August 30, 2014
“Nuts.com has the freshest figs. I eat them for a snack or use them with mascarpone cheese for a delicious appetizer or small fruit dessert. Wonderful!”
Mei, Nashville, TN August 28, 2014
“Very tasty !”
Rajesh, Morgantown, WV August 26, 2014
“So soft and fresh!! WOW......”
Jennifer, Daly City, CA August 25, 2014
“Got my family hooked on the figs. Gave coworkers sample and they just placed an order too!”
Carol, South Portland, ME August 25, 2014
“Just the best!”
Showing 11-20 of 396
T.A.Markel, Ashland, Ohio September 14, 2014
Received your shipment very quickly . Tried most of samples,and
found to be great. The Turkish figs sample is about gone. Not sure
if I really like them or need money back ? Please send another sample ? HaHa, kidding figs are best I've ever had!!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|