Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
HAROLD, Somewhere, Southwest July 18, 2011
“The order arrived on-time. So that is what a 'turkish' fig looks like! The taste is great, all is good. I'm looking forward to my next order.
Nuts to All!
Gina, McGraw, NY July 17, 2011
“Figs were shipped very quickly, arrived in a prompt manner and were nicely packaged. I was worried they would not arrive in time but even with a small window they arrived when they were promised. The figs were much nicer than what I can purchase locally and at a much better price even with shipping added in. I will definitely be checking out the other products offered by Nuts Online. If these figs are an indication of product quality I will be placing another order very soon. Thanks for a great product and quick service. ”
Douglas, marblehead, ma July 14, 2011
“ Best figs we have ever had. Puts Whole Foods and Trader Joe products to shame! Superior delivery service. Can't wait to try the dates and ginger we ordered. What a tremendous find!”
Allen, Fredericksburg, VA July 13, 2011
“The figs I ordered were amazing; glad that I got the 5 pound bag. Thanks for the included sample of candied ginger; that was a nice touch. ”
Tanya, KC, MO July 8, 2011
“Thanks to your email delivery notification- I received my package immediately. I tore into the Turkish figs...NEVER had a BETTER fig!!!! SO yummy- firm but moist- superb! Cant wait to try the rest of my 'goody bag'! I'm a new lifetime customer.. You guys are truly are NUTS :) Thanks for that!”
Susan, Lansing, MI July 7, 2011
“I am impressed! Ordered 2 days ago. Was updated at each step of the process & amazed to receive an email saying my order was delivered. Since the dog didn't bark to alert me, I might not have known til I went out the door tomorrow! So far what I've sampled is delicious. The Turkish figs take me back to childhood when Santa left some in my stocking every Christmas. Almond nougat with a delightful rose water undertone. I am a happy nut, nuts for Nuts Online! Thanks, you nutty folks!”
Susan, 20191 July 5, 2011
“The figs are wonderful. They are so soft and chewable. The packaged figs at the grocery store are so dry, leathery and expensive. ”
Becky, South Pasadena, CA July 2, 2011
“I love your Turkish figs. You cannot find a finer fig anywhere but here. Shipping is fast. I am only sorry it took me so long to find Nuts Online”
Allwyn, Baltimore, MD July 1, 2011
A quick note to say that you are AWESOME. I just love family businesses and you are no exception. You guys have it all- outstanding customer service, prompt shipping, reasonable pricing, attention to detail, flexibility to accomodate last minute changes, product variety...need I say more?”
Elisabeth June 30, 2011
“I just had my first order delivered. I must say that I am impressed! Timely emails to let me know exactly what's going on, including that UPS delivered, and fast service. I received my order in 2 days. And the figs and apricots are delicious! I will be ordering more for sure.”
Showing 181-190 of 326
Peter, Green Valley, AZ August 20, 2014
“Many thanks for the sample cashews. They are yummy. I ordered the Turkish figs for the first time, and they are phenomenal...best I've ever tasted. I'm trying to hold off a bit on the Brazil nuts and macadamias, lest I go overboard and finish them all off at once!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|