Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jerry, Swainsboro, Georgia July 25, 2012
“Everything arrived on time and in perfect condition. Oh, those figs and dates are delicious. Gret stuff always!”
Kimberly, Hamilton, NJ July 21, 2012
“Everything we order is always very fresh and arrives quickly. Our favorites are the Turkish figs and the hazelnut supreme coffee. I started using the cherries in a jar as the filling for my cherry pie, and my family now raves that it is the best cherry crumb pie they've ever had! It's the same recipe I've used for years, the only difference is the cherries. My most recent order included vanilla beans. I was extremely pleased with the size and quality of the beans, and the price was much less than the ones in my local grocery store.”
Marci, Ann Arbor, MI July 18, 2012
“We received our package today with tons of yummy goodies :) The figs were out of this world and the crunchy green beans and carrots are super delicious! Need I say how great the toasted marshmallows are??? We will definitely be ordering again! Thank you so much”
Maria, Buffalo, New York July 18, 2012
“These are the best tasting figs I have ever had! I could not be happier with my order. And it was delivered so quickly! You guys rock!!! Keep going nuts :)”
Desiree July 17, 2012
“The Turkish figs are amazing and I was blown away by your quick delivery! I just love your customer service. Nuts.com can do no wrong in my book!”
Sandy, VS, NY July 6, 2012
“You guys are awesome.. Order arrived early :) Eating a fig right now.. DEEELISHHHH.. ”
Nicholas June 14, 2012
“I bought a pound of these back when I bought my almonds, just to try them out. They were amazing, I brought some to work and basically all of my coworkers said "ew they look gross WOW THEY TASTE AMAZING". I just got another 5 pounds.”
T.K. Davis, Crossville, Alabama June 11, 2012
“The figs are delicious! I had to hide them from the rest of the family just to save a few for myself. And thanks for the apricots. they are great!
Andy, Kalamazoo, MI May 24, 2012
“I bought some Medjool Dates, Halawi Dates, and Turkish Figs from Nuts.com and the entire experience was wonderful. Shipping was fast, and thankfully everything was packed very well as UPS was quite rough on the box. Really looking forward to doing more business with Nuts.com. :)”
mathew, simi valley, ca May 4, 2012
“wow! thank you! i love dried turkish figs and everything is top quality! you guys rock. i think i'm gonna order some coffee next! and cashews! thanks again, mathew katler”
Showing 181-190 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|