Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
John, Fulton, MO February 22, 2013
“These are some of the best figs that I have had since I was a child in NY. Back then all the stores had Figs hanging from strings and you would reach up and buy a string of figs and have them for a snack then my mother would make cookies. I am glad I found your site.”
Samantha, Fredericksburg, Virginia February 14, 2013
“I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY ORDER!!! EVERYTHING IS SOOOOOO DELICIOUS!! I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS AWESOME WEBSITE!!!!! MY FAVORITE IS THE TURKISH FIGS!! ”
Maureem, Maple Grove, MN February 13, 2013
“Just received my very first order and I'm beyond pleased with the quality. The dried figs are exceptional. My new favorite dried fruit! The chocolate ginger is the best ever. So glad I found this website. Will definitely order again. AND the unexpected freebie - wow. How nice :-) love it. ”
Nora, San Francisco, CA February 13, 2013
“I received my package yesterday and have already torn into my Turkish figs, strawberries, and veggie chips (YUM!). This morning I'm enjoying my delicious gluten free hot cereal, and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Jeffrey, Kenny, Uncle Sandy and Cousin David (and the rest of the family)!”
Raul, Baldwin park, California February 4, 2013
“OMG ! The best dried fruit I've ever had bar none keep up the great work and keep those figs and dates in stock cause I will be placing another order soon !
Daniela, Chicago, IL January 30, 2013
“Ok, this is going to sound nuts (ha!) but I purposefully keep these in a container in my cupboard instead of refrigerating. Why? After a while, sugar gathers all around the outside of each fig and the sweetness on the inside is intensified. There can be a little tangy-ness there, but not always. So much better ! :)”
Ellen, Mount Airy, MD January 23, 2013
“This purchase was for my dad for his birthday. He loves nuts in the shells so he can crack them open with his nutcracker. He also loves figs. He told me the figs were the best he has ever had! He was also thrilled with the nuts! We will be ordering again! Your customer service could not be better!”
T, Moreno Valley, California January 17, 2013
“I ordered the mushroom popcorn kernels, the chia seeds, the cheesy salad booster, and the turkish figs. Let me just say that every single thing was delicious. The figs were sweet and soft, the popcorn popped beautifully and came out nice and fluffy. I didn't have a salad so I used the cheesy salad booster on my zucchini lasagna and it was delicious. The chia seeds tasted good alone and when put in water did exactly what they said they would do. Cant wait till tomorrow to try everything again.
Thanks nuts.com you're the best. ”
Patrick, BRODHEAD, Wisconsin January 11, 2013
“I love figs and dates and the ones I ordered from Nuts.com were exceptional. We also ordered the coffee sampler pack and the first cup I sampled was also excellent. We will be making Nuts.com a regular part of our shopping from now on. Thank you Nuts.com !”
Juliet, Chicago, IL January 10, 2013
“I got a free sample of these with my order, they were amazing! I always thought I didn't like figs, because my only experience with them was in Newton form. But these ones are spectacular! Just the right amount of sweetness, and a fantastic flavor~ <3”
Showing 151-160 of 400
Jay, Wantagh, NY September 18, 2014
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|