Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Eric, Wilmington, NC September 25, 2011
“If you have never had a fig, so let the strange look fool you. They are AMAZING! They are a great post dinner sweet without guilt. They are a wonderful compliment to a well rounded breakfast or snack. Most importantly, they taste like they should be bad for you. Buy the 5lb bag or you'll wish you had.”
Tony, Salinas, Ca September 21, 2011
“I have been eating these for a long time from a friend, finally purchased my own glad I did they are delicious.”
Vicky A Dilcher September 21, 2011
“Wow! Everything is amazing! The figs are incredible, dates delish, nuts awesome, just love love love it all! Thanks so much! Keep up the good works!
Sandi, Tucson, Arizona September 17, 2011
“Shipment received right on time! Your Turkish Figs are the best! I have ordered these several times because they are so fresh.
Enjoyed the unsalted pistashio nuts and the buttercrunch gourmet mix.
I really enjoy dealing with you guys. We're family!!”
Erika, Greenwich, CT September 14, 2011
“Can't believe the quality of the dried bananas I just received.... incredible!! Also ordered figs that are top quality. Speedy shipping, reasonable prices... what more can you ask for?”
Carol, Houston, TX September 2, 2011
“ The dried figs absolutely melted in my mouth like honey coated baklava with a tenth of the calories! I have never tasted anything so good!”
Michele, Evansville, Indiana September 1, 2011
“Turkish figs, oh my! These are fat and sweet and so yummy. My husband said, I don't how much they cost, but whatever they cost, it was worth it. Also love the mangoes; haven't had any that sweet and tender in years. The first dried mangoes I ever had were brought to the states by some Phillipine business colleagues and these lived up to that experience. Also can't wait to use the lemon chips in my gluten-free cakes and cookies. And the cranberry beans, thank you, they will make good eating for a long time! I ordered on a Sunday night, received everything Wednesday, as promised. This was my first order; I'll be back.”
Amy, slater, mo August 28, 2011
“I was looking for dates to use in a cookie recipe, did a google search and found your site. The honey dates are amazing and the turkish figs are wonderful too! I will definitely be ordering from you again. Great selection, great site and super fast shipping! I can't wait to try something new the next time I order! Thank You!!!”
Alberto, Ciales, PR August 27, 2011
“The nuts and dry fruit are excellent. Everything was clean & packaged well. The Turkish Figs are my favorite, they're delicious! And they shipped to PR”
Dorothy, Woodway, TX August 25, 2011
“Can't find figs anywhere in grocery stores here. I was go glad to find them online. These are great. I am so glad I can get them. I'll try some of the other kinds of figs next time.”
Showing 151-160 of 318
Theresa, Florida April 19, 2014
“Hey! You guys are the greatest. The figs are better than I hoped for and you sent a super gift. Thanks, everything arrived ahead of time. Have a Happy Easter. God bless”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|