Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Moist and succulent, dried Turkish Figs are simply great! These figs are all natural with no preservatives and one of the sweetest fruits available. Always moist and always fresh, these Turkish figs are tops when it comes to snacking and baking.
2. Turkish figs are fat-free and, like other plant foods, cholesterol-free.
3. Turkish figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value --- more dietary fiber per serving than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
4. Of the approximately five grams of fiber per serving of Turkish figs, four grams are insoluble and one gram is water-soluble.
5. Figs have the highest overall mineral content of all common fruits. A 40 gram (1/4 cup) serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
6. Turkish figs fit into 5-A-Day -- the 40 gram serving is an easy way to add a serving of fruit to reach the daily recommendation of five fruits and vegetables.
7. The antioxidant boost provided by fruit consumption lasts about 2 hours. Which dried fruits are the best? Of the six fruits tested--apricots, cranberries, dates, figs, raisins and plums--shooting to a surprise finish at number one was... figs! Even the high fructose corn syrup in the soda is no match for the antioxidant power of fruit. Despite the double sugar load, subjects washing down their figs with soda still experienced an overall rise in antioxidant levels in their bloodstream. In addition to having the highest antioxidant content among the six fruits tested, of the thousands of whole foods in the USDA nutrient database, figs make the top ten for fiber content.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Diane, Baltimore, MD August 20, 2013
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the figs!!! They are the best we've ever eaten. Will try the Italian coffee tomorrow morning. Also love your very creative packaging!”
Jacob, Los angeles, Ca August 9, 2013
“Package arrived on time and I immediately opened it. The figs were soft and plump. They were simply delicious. Hope to be ordering again. thanks.”
Lynda, Fayetteville, NC August 7, 2013
“Extremely fast service! Product was fresh....and soooo yummy!!!! Turkish figs have become hard for me to find, and Nuts.com is just the answer when I have the craving! Thank you. Will continue to use and recommend.”
Christina, Garden grove, Ca August 6, 2013
“Ordered the dried figs and they were delicious! I'll be ordering more and trying new items in the near future. Yum! And thank you for the complimentary buckwheat sample!”
Sandi, Westlake, La July 27, 2013
“You figs are fabulous. So sweet and plump. I toasted the sample of almonds you gave me and they were also wonderful. I am so glad to have found you. Amazing quality and fast delivery. Thanks.”
Sandi, Westlake, La July 25, 2013
“Absolutely wonderful. Better than I imagined. Once many years ago in an expensive restaurant in Canada I had figs like these and I never forgot them. I love, love them. How do I keep them fresh?”
Lenny Reber, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey July 16, 2013
“My Turkish Figs were great!!
gonna get some mission figs next!”
Tammy, Jacksonville, FL July 11, 2013
“Awesome, I Love your products every thing I have ordered is amazing and I have ordered 3 times Thank you for being a Great Company.”
Brian, RTP, NC June 27, 2013
“1st time ordering from here. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday afternoon. Got what I ordered. The figs and dates are delicious. Same goes for the walnuts. Very pleased with the quality and service. Everything was fresh. Will order from here again.”
Jamie, Akron, PA June 21, 2013
“WOW!! Amazing! I ordered the raw Turkish figs and they are amazing! And they are completely raw! Nothing added. I also ordered the Japanese Green Tea and it is great as well. I will definitely buy again. Shipping was incredibly fast also. I placed my order around 7pm and it was delivered the next day!! Amazing!
Thanks nutty family!”
Showing 101-110 of 382
Lula, Elgin, SC August 31, 2014
“They are fabulous!!!!! I will be ordering more when these are gone. I love them!!!
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Turkish Figs.***STORE UNOPENED AND OPENED BAGS UNDER REFRIGERATION UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 20 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: Turkey
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|30 Pound Cases|