Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Bryan, Waterloo Iowa September 18, 2012
“These were the best price around.”
Linda, Jacksonville, Florida September 6, 2012
“Yep, got here this morning and already tried out, you are right yummy. Can't beat those dates. I'll be ordering more pretty soon. Don't ever change.”
Morgan, Jeffersonville, IN September 6, 2012
“I will gradly reply to these dates they are the best, and i just made some date syrup. delicious and sweet as any syrup. LOVE YOU. Thanks the order came on time also will order more soon.”
Meredith, Maryland August 31, 2012
“My local grocery store stopped carrying pitted dates, and I use them to make the granola that my family eats every morning. I found these dates online. They were good quality, competitively priced, and arrived the next day -- just in time to make more granola. And the packaging was really fun, too. Thank you!!”
Duane G Peck, Edgewood, Iowa August 30, 2012
“Fantastic service. ordered on Monday here on Thursdsay. From New Jersey to Iowa. Dates were the best we've ever had. And we've ate lots of 'em'. The same with the brazil nuts. The order was worth every penny. Not to forget the shipping box. Lots of laughs. Thanks alot.”
Valerie August 9, 2012
“Thank you so much for the shipment of dates & cherries. You were the best deal around for glazed cherries!! Thank you also for the sample of "Turkish Figs"...very yummy!
Maria, Jersey City, NJ July 24, 2012
“I'm nuts for nuts.com! The prices are great, the quality is excellent and I LOVED how fast the shipment was delivered!!”
Karen, BG, IL July 23, 2012
“Sweet and tender, fresh and yummy, love my dates. ”
dot, athens, ga July 12, 2012
“the dates are delicious. 3 dates plus 6 almonds = 1 carb and 1 fat that i am allowed from the exchange list for diabetes. what a treat.”
Carolyn, Allturas, California June 29, 2012
“Excellent price on dates. Great sense of humor. What a great company. I will do business with them again and again.”
Showing 51-60 of 129
Maggie, New York, NY June 21, 2014
“Love the box packaging and the sealed bags its so cute! Extremely fast shipping as promised and the dates where delicious.. Finally found a site to order all my healthy snacks!!”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|