Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
A delicious date containing no pits. These deglet noor dates are ideal for baking and great just to pop in your mouth.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals - such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates - just 5 to 6 six dates - can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body - to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
EILEEN, murrysville, pa July 1, 2009
“Just received my trail mix and it is delicious. The pitted dates are excellent and of course, my second order of power mix will disappear in no time. I am so glad I came across Nuts Online. I give samples and tell all of my friends. Keep up the good snacks!!”
Susan, Virginia Beach, VA June 10, 2009
“My 15# box of pitted dates arrived in short order and,as usual, are stupendously soft and moist and flavorful! I immediately repackaged them into smaller air-shrunk bags, so that I may dole them slowly as needed for baking and eating. A great buy and always exciting to hear the UPS man bang on the door with my shipment...”
Larry June 9, 2009
yes sir ree!! I did get my package and was Very impressed on how well these California pitted dates taste!!! Now the real test is how well they bake, but coming from such a place as NutsonLine, I figured they will fair out quit well!!
Thanks for the prompt shipping,
Jeff, Washington, IL. July 24, 2008
“The goji berries arrived after taking the scenic route via ups.I tried a few of the plump delicious berries and WOW. Ive tried goji from 5 different online sellers and yours is the best so far.And the pitted dates are simply awesome. Jeff”
JAMES, Traverse City, Michigan June 7, 2008
“I just ordered three products which are very difficult for me to find: pitted cooking dates, bulk sesame seeds, chia seeds. You're the best!”
Esther, Perkasie, PA January 15, 2008
“As promised, the order arrived in one day. YUM - everything is delicious - the walnuts in the shell are fresh and very tasty. (You can't find walnuts in a grocery store for 8 months after Christmas.) The no-salt pistachios are the biggest I've ever seen and will not last long here! The pitted dates are the biggest and "smoothest" I've ever had. It's very hard to find a bag of dates that aren't all shriveled up and dried out - but not here! Overall, my husband & I are happy first time customers and I know we will be ordering again real soon. Thanks for your great service and outstanding food.”
Dorothy August 7, 2006
“The turkish figs are the best, we keep ordering them. No Sulphur Dioxide. I am very allergic to this. We also order the bluberries and dates. Very pleased with all. ”
Betty October 12, 2004
“I just received my third shipment form your company and the nuts and dates
are by far the best I have ever eaten. You can rest assured that I will tell
all my family and friends about the gold mine that I have found. Thank You
for having such a superior product and for your promptness in shipping my
Thank You, Betty”
Showing 121-130 of 129
Maggie, New York, NY June 21, 2014
“Love the box packaging and the sealed bags its so cute! Extremely fast shipping as promised and the dates where delicious.. Finally found a site to order all my healthy snacks!!”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||1.5|
Dates (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 55 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|