Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Wanda, Greeneville, TN March 12, 2007
“Your service is fantastic! I placed my order for Medjool dates on Monday evening, March 5. I was informed the order would be shipped on March 6, and that I would receive it on or about Thursday, March 8. I must admit that I doubted this possibility. However, at mid-afternoon on Thursday, March 8, the UPS truck arrived with my order. Unbelievable! I tore into the package because I couldn't wait to get to those dates. (We had been buying Mejool dates from a health food store about 35 miles from our home, and we thought they were wonderful--happy with a medium size date and an occasional large one.) When I saw the jumbo dates from Nuts on Line, I couldn't believe my eyes. They were huge, and the sweetest, softest dates, the likes of which I had never seen or tasted. I am so very pleased with my order, as is my husband, who still can't believe the difference between these dates and the ones we purchased in the health food store--as to size, quality, texture, and flavor--no comparison. We definitely will be ordering again soon. Thanks for such wonderful service and this fabulous product!”
jeanette, whittier, california January 25, 2007
“We are now finishing our second order of your medjool dates. They are so delicious. The best we've ever tasted. This time we are ordering pistachios and trail mix. We are looking forward to our order. EXCELLENT!!!”
Lucy October 6, 2006
“The medjool dates arrived in perfect condition thanks to the special packaging.
I won't hesitate to order again.”
Rita, NH November 15, 2005
“You guys are great! The dates are, as usual, just wonderful and the ginger is out of this world.
Manoj, Pittsburgh, PA November 5, 2005
“I received the order of my Extra Large Medjool Dates right on time and in excellent condition. These are truly the very best dates I have ever tasted. Thank you so much for such an excellent product.
s.i., western, ny October 16, 2005
“These are absolutely the best dates I have ever tasted, I never even liked dates in the past and now I'm hooked, I wont settle for anything less.”
Americo, Dayton, Ohio October 14, 2005
“You delivered my order fast, and on time as promised. Most importantly, the quality of the product, medjool dates, is superb.”
Jacqueline Hosten, Queens Village, New York October 5, 2005
“Wow! I just received my order of medjool dates and they are so moist meaty and absolutely delicious. The best. I used to buy from another company but they are no match to yours. Bye bye Western Dates hello Nuts Online.”
Preston, Richmond, VA September 18, 2005
“We got our first order of dates from you folks this past week. Awesome!!!!
We have never had fresher dates (Medjools and California variety). Absolutely delicious. The packaging and shipping (cool pack) was over the top. We will never buy dates in the grocery store again. Thanks so much for showing us how good dates can really taste.”
samuel, downingtown, pa. September 11, 2005
“your figs and dates are out of this world,everyone should try them. you have the fastest shipping on the internet, coast to coast in 36 hours.i will order from you many times in the next year, keep up the good work”
Showing 251-260 of 263
Carl, Houston, Texas November 29, 2013
“I just want to say Thank You!!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when my shipment arrived from Nuts.com. Everything is as you said it would be. The medjool dates are as big as you said, and the cashews as well. I can't find similar products with the quality of yours at the grocery store.”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|