Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Jumbo Medjool Dates
Jumbo Medjool Dates are one of our crown jewels at Nuts.com. Plump, moist, and luscious, medjool dates are simply divine. An extremely meaty date with a tiny pit.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates - five or six - will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid's food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms - soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates, just 5 to 6 six dates, can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That's 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body's metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body- to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Dan, Clifton Park, N.Y. November 30, 2011
“I could not believe the response time, less than 24 hrs. Dates and figs are superb. Best we've had.
The shell is broken, so we'll be back.”
Jan, Lafayette, IN November 29, 2011
“The order came quickly, the packaging was great-- and the dried fruits are delicious! Thank you, Nuts-Online!”
Kyttie, aurora, co November 18, 2011
“got the sample package of jumbo medjool dates - best dates I've ever had, and I am a date fanatic (which, actually, is why I didn't order any. I am an addict, lol). Hibiscus flowers are delicious, and the figs are wonderful. Glad to have found you!”
Donna, Greencastle, PA November 17, 2011
“I just received my first order from Nuts Online and I am so happy. The dates and figs are the best I have ever had. Thank you so much. I will be ordering from you again.”
Tara, Diamond Bar, California November 16, 2011
“Received the jumbo Medjool dates today, they are delicious! So plump, moist, tender, and sweeter than brown sugar they are by far the best dates I have ever eaten. Excellent product, excellent company. First time customer who will be coming back for more.”
Thomas J, Marion, Ma November 16, 2011
“WOW! In just one day, we received the largest and most delicious dates in the world.
Keep up the good work. It must take a family of dedicated 'nuts,' to do such an excellent job.
At least someone in America still knows how to do business.
Thomas J. Shire, Jr.
Sandi Todd, Muskogee, Ok November 13, 2011
“Oh my gosh! I am absolutely delighted with the Medjool and California dates I received. The are so moist and delicious. Won't have to look any further for my fruits and nuts. Thank you so much and will definitely recommend to all my friends.”
Fred, Pittsburgh, PA November 7, 2011
“These dates are so sweet that I keep checking the list of ingredients for some sort of added sugar! There isn't any, which makes me enjoy them all the more.”
Hillary, Denver, CO November 1, 2011
“I bought 8 lbs of dates and they are scrumptious! They are so fresh...I've never had dates this fresh before. ”
Daisy, orlando, Florida October 21, 2011
“the dates are the best ”
Showing 101-110 of 233
Anne, Moultonboro, NH March 5, 2010
“OMG! Your jumbo Medjool dates are food fit for the gods and your turkish figs aren't far behind. I have never tasted such superb dates; didn't know they existed. And, as always, your efficiency of delivery is second to none. Thanks a bunch from a VERY satisfied repeat customer. ”
Serving Size 24g (~0.8 oz.)
(Approx. 18.9 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dates (contains pits) ***REFRIGERATE UPON RECEIVING***
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 18 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|15 Pound Cases|