Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Coconut (Holiday) Dates
Coconut dates are quite delicious. Pressed dates, rolled in shredded coconut and topped with an almond. A beautiful and tasty presentation.
2. Dates provide essential vitamins and minerals ? such as B-complex vitamins, magnesium and iron. Only a handful of dates ? five or six ? will help you meet your 5-A-Day goal for fruit.
3. A handful of dates will help you meet the 5-A-Day goal. Five to six delicious California dates or a ? cup of chopped dates equals one serving. Great tasting, power-packed California dates are part of the USDA Pyramid?s food group. Eating California dates can help you achieve the recommended goal for fruit servings each day.
4. The American Cancer Society recommends that you consume 20-35 grams of dietary fiber a day. Dietary fiber comes in two forms ? soluble and insoluble. Each serves a valuable function. Insoluble fiber increased the rate at which food moves through the digestive system. Soluble fiber may help control diabetes by decreasing elevated blood glucose levels. Soluble fiber also had been found to help lower serum cholesterol levels, particularly undesirable loud density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. California dates are a good source of dietary fiber. A serving of power-packed California dates ? just 5 to 6 six dates ? can provide 3 grams of dietary fiber. That?s 14 percent of your recommended daily value.
5. A serving of power-packed California dates contains 31 grams of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy. Carbohydrates include 3 grams of dietary fiber and 29 grams of naturally occurring sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose to provide quick energy and are readily used by the body. California dates are a perfect energy boosting snack.
6. Ounce per ounce, pound for pound, California dates are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Potassium is an essential mineral your body needs to maintain muscle contractions including the vital heart muscle. Potassium is needed to maintain a healthy nervous system and to balance the body?s metabolism. Since potassium is not stored in the body, and much is lost in perspiration, it must be continually replenished. As you consume potassium you excrete sodium, helping to keep blood pressure down. As people age, their kidneys become less efficient at eliminating sodium. About a 400 mg increase in potassium intake has been associated with a 40% reduction in the risk of stroke. This roughly amounts to one additional serving daily of California dates.
7. Eating California dates and drinking water is an ideal, natural way to replenish the potassium. A serving of California dates contain 240 milligrams of potassium or 7% of the recommended daily value. Bite for bite, they have three times the amount of potassium as bananas!
8. California dates contain a variety of B-complex vitamins ? thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins have a variety of functions that help maintain a healthy body ? to metabolize carbohydrates and maintain blood glucose levels, fatty acids for energy, and they help make hemoglobin, the red and white blood cells.
9.Magnesium is essential for healthy bone development and for energy metabolism. One serving of California dates provides 4% of the suggested daily intake of magnesium. Iron is essential to red blood cell production. Red blood cells carry all the nutrients to cells throughout the body. One serving of California dates contains nearly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for iron.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Theresa, Pekin, Ill November 11, 2012
“coconut date rolls are really yummy, and came via Fed ex really fast delivery
and thank for the sample of the figs.
Mandy, Springfield, IL June 29, 2012
“This was one of my best orders yet! Holiday Dates are my dates from now on! I don't like beans, but I gave your Roasted Fava Beans a try and I'm glad I did! I'm looking to get more whole wheat in my diet, so your Whole Wheat Pretzels were a nice addition. The Gummy Cheesecakes are freakin Amazing! Everything else on the normal menu is superb, as always. Kudos to all those who cook and pack up these wonderful treats! You deserve a raise!”
Laurie, Lynnfield, MA February 11, 2012
“Received my order yesterday. Fastest shipping of any company I've done business with on the internet. The Holiday Date Rolls are AMAZING! Best I've ever tasted. All of the products I've ordered are fantastic. The dried cranberries and dried cherries are so plump and delicious. I just can't say enough good things about Nuts.com. Love all you nutty guys!”
Marilyn, Canonsburg, PA January 26, 2012
“Just received my new order of Coconut covered dates. I have been looking for them in the markets in my area and haven't found them. I should have known that they'd be found here. I also ordered Tropical Fruit Salad and the dried Strawberries. These are great for a pick me up when you feel a bit hungry in the afternoon or evening. The Fruit chips are different and crunchy. Whatever name you guys go by, you're the best and nuttiest!! ”
Robin, Seward, AK October 8, 2011
“This was my first order with NUTSONLINE. The coconut dates, YUM! Pistachios, TERRIFIC! Cacao nibs, SUPERB! Everything arrived nice and tastes GREAT! (Did not get free samples? Maybe next time)
Blessings and shalom to my new nutsonline family!!”
Irmalee, Zebulon, GA September 15, 2011
“Everything was here on time. The dates were wonderful and everything I received was of the highest quality.Thanks!”
Ray, Little Neck, New York July 26, 2011
“Nuts Online's coconut (Holiday) dates are delicious and the Western Style Beef Jerky is very tasty. I will most definitely place an order in the future.
Thank you for the free sample of Turkish Figs. They were delicious as well.”
Joanne, Somers, CT April 26, 2011
“OMG--I'm just about to place my third order for these absolutely scrumptious dates. Not long ago, I ordered 20 lbs. and my supply is getting low. Both my hubby and I are addicted to them, one or two is better than a sweetened dessert. LOVE THEM--so fresh, and they keep very well--I pack them in air tight containers and keep them in the cool basement. Fast delivery, great customer service--Nut on Line is GREAT. Joanne”
Faith, Alpharetta, GA January 6, 2011
“Your Coconut (Holiday) Dates have exceeded my expectations. Our church is participating in a "Daniel fast" and these dates will be a perfect dessert! Thanks for the free sample of the figs... they're fabulous. I will definitely refer others to your website.”
Melina January 5, 2011
“Thanks for a fast shipment, and great buys. I love the almond dates in a 1 pound bag!!!! Great value!!!! I will send in more orders when I am out of dates and nuts. Thanks again”
Showing 11-20 of 29
Demaris, Valley Falls, NY June 27, 2014
“Another goodie for my brother, hope he enjoys it”
Serving Size 20g (~0.7 oz.)
(Approx. 22.7 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||30|
Dates, coconut( sugar, water, propylene glycol. Product contains sodium metabsulfite as a preservative), almonds
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 16 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|