Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Myra, Lantana, TX July 23, 2009
“My order of dried cherries arrived today. Wow! They are so fresh and the best yet and I thought my previous orders were terrific but these are beyond terrific. Thanks”
KATHY July 15, 2009
“I received my order today, fast delivery I place an order for tart cherries and sesame sticks on 7/14/09 and it was at my door the next day...WOW...very fresh and tasty... I will be ordering again.”
Bonnie, Vermont June 26, 2009
“Beautiful dried blueberries and dried sour cherries!
Always great quality and FAST shipment!”
Dennis, Sheboygan, Wi. June 19, 2009
“My order arrived sooner than expected.The dried cherries are AWESOME.
Louis, Ponchatoula, Louisiana March 24, 2009
“Wow! The sour cherries from Nuts Online are the best dried fruit I've ever eaten! Very moist and not too tart...they're cherry-rific!!!”
Nora, Broad Brook, CT September 18, 2008
“Super fast delivery. Sour cherries are the best ever. Give this company a try. You won't go elsewhere. I was very pleased to see the e-mail from Nuts on Line telling me my delivery had arrived. That was different!”
Izabella Y. Balakirsky, MD August 22, 2008
“I've ordered your nuts and dried fruits for my mother and she was very pleased with them. She said sour cherries in particular are very good--not too dry, unlike sour cherries she got from another store. And she liked the cute "nutty" message on the packing slip, too :)”
Mary, Tampa, FL August 7, 2008
“Nuts Online delivers promptly and fills your order accurately every time! Their Sour Cherries are absolutely delicious - in salads, in recipes, or as a snack!”
New York August 6, 2008
“Thank you for quality products,sour cherries are to die for, best I ever had.Nuts were high quality and fresh too.I will be ordering more from you.
sharon, highland, indiana July 11, 2008
“i received my order of toasted corn, sour cherries, and roasted almonds. tasty as always and perfectly fresh. arrived in 2 short days! thank you so much! i will continue to order from you! kudos on the cherries - they are so awesome! we can't get enough of them in the office!!!
Showing 71-80 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|