Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Dried tart cherries are a sweet, tart, and flavorful treat that is great for snacking, cooking, and baking. Our delicious tart Montmorency cherries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that support heart health and reduce inflammation. Try our sour cherries straight out of the bag, in trail mix, or in baked goods. These dried cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
Health Benefits of Tart Cherries
1. In addition to being rich in potassium, vitamin C, and B complex, research has shown that cherry consumption can help the body prevent heart disease and cancer, as well as provide pain relief and improved bone health. These health benefits are possible due to the antioxidants found in cherries, the most vital of which are the flavonoids anthocyanins and quercetin, and the phenolic acid amygdalin.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Dried cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in dried sour cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Dried cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
7) If you're having trouble sleeping at night, eating a handful of tart cherries in the hours before bedtime can help. Researchers from Louisiana State University found that participants who drank Montmorency tart cherry juice twice a day for two weeks were able to sleep almost 90 minutes longer than the placebo group. The researchers suggest that the combination of melatonin and tryptophan found in cherries promotes a good night's sleep. They concluded that tart cherries are a safe alternative for insomniacs relying on sleeping pills.
Enjoy Tart Cherries
These sour cherries have an incredible sweet and tangy flavor that we like to enjoy by the handful. They add a delicious tart and fruity flavor to cookies, scones, breads, and other baked treats. Try them in granola and trail mix, or sprinkled over yogurt and oatmeal. Tart cherries go well paired with cheese, nuts, and other dried fruit. They also make an interesting addition to chicken salads, pasta salads, and vegetable dishes. Tart cherries are flavorful and versatile. We’re sure you’ll find many wonderful uses for them!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Steve, NY February 28, 2011
“Could not wait to get the delivery.
100% better than store bought dried fruit and so much more of a selection! very fast shipping thank you!
P.S. My 5 year old son had me making snack packs for school already.”
Grace, Oakland, NJ February 11, 2011
“This package arrived in record time! I certainly didn't expect to receive my order in less than 24 hours....I'm impressed beyond belief.”
Rebecca January 12, 2011
I ordered dried, tart cherries and popcorn and forgot about the nuts! Next time! The cherries are tender, tart, and moist. Sooo good! I haven't tried the popcorn yet. I'm sure it's good.
Thank you so much!”
Adam , Underwood, MN December 16, 2010
“Just received my order and I couldn't help but open and try everything! The Rainier and sour cherries are awesome! The cranberries are the best Ive ever seen, whole and twice the size I get at the local co-op! The Mission figs, again, are whole and huge. Thank you, and I WILL order again, and again!”
Margaret November 23, 2010
“These cherries are big, soft and just the right tart tang. So good!”
Linda, Las Vega, Nevada November 20, 2010
“My second order arrived today and fantastic. Everything is so good. Dried tart cherries yummy, it is all yummy!”
Roseann, Rochester, Washington November 3, 2010
“I just received my first shipment of dried cherries today and they are simply delicious! I will definitely be ordering more and others goodies as well.”
Faye, Pago Pago, AS July 12, 2010
“I just received my first order of sour (tart) cherries and know they will become a favorite and I'm impressed with the fast delivery to me in Pago Pago, American Samoa.”
Kearsten, Blanchardville, WI May 24, 2010
“I was searching the internet for a good place to order jumbo raisins, when I happened upon your delightful website. The pictures and descriptions sounded wonderful, and the personal testimonials secured my choices. I ordered dried cherries for my mom for mother's day and she said they were softer and tastier than any she's had. I got dried organic mango and jumbo flame raisins for myself. The mango? Out of this world, exploding with flavor. I took a chance on ordering a 30-# box of raisins, and I'm glad I did. Not only did I save money, but I have a supply to last long into the future--of soft, sweet, delicious raisins. Thank you so much and I will definitely order again. Kearsten Frye”
Grace, Flushing, New York May 20, 2010
“Hey guys I was really thrilled at such quick delivery. My cherries were as I expected..Delectable...Everything is fresh and tasty. I made my frappuccinos and smoothies at home at with the syrups and all the things I can make...I will definitely recommend you and you will be the place to go from nuts to candy...Thank You so much...I love you guys....”
Showing 71-80 of 106
Helene, Santa Fe, NM September 13, 2014
“Hello to everyone at Nuts.com !!
I received the order within a couple of days, cashews taste great, cherries taste great. And thank you for the little something extra in the box ( dried cranberries )
Will order more later. We appreciate your products.
Helene and Alex ( mote nuts fans... )”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|