Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top PickOur Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Marilyn, La Crosse, Wisconsin July 14, 2011
“My order arrived in record time. Thanks for the surprise gift that was enclosed. Eager to open the bag and enjoy. A healthy snack.”
Cindy, Rochester, NY April 15, 2011
“TY, for your fast service. As always everything is fresh and tasty. You have a lifetime customer!”
Monty, New York, NY March 9, 2011
“My order was received so quickly! When I opened the box to check everything out I saw that each product was in it's own individual packaging complete with zip-lock tops so they can stay fresh. As for the taste? AMAZING! I can't stop eating the dried sour cherries or the Turkish figs. Every night so far I've been making a nice cup of lemon tea with the dried lemons, those are fantastic. The only issue was that I had ordered blueberry jam and received black raspberry jam instead. I sent an email to them and received a reply quickly apologizing for the mixup and was told that my blueberry jam would be shipped promptly with no cost to me. THANKS GUYS! I will definitely be ordering more items from you in the future. ”
Patrick, PA March 5, 2011
“Incredibly fast delivery! Rough day at work on Friday but received an email telling me my order was waiting on my doorstep... that made my day! The quality is superb, especially the sour cherries they are exactly what I have been looking for. Regular orders are in my future! Thanks.”
Steve, NY February 28, 2011
“Could not wait to get the delivery.
100% better than store bought dried fruit and so much more of a selection! very fast shipping thank you!
P.S. My 5 year old son had me making snack packs for school already.”
Grace, Oakland, NJ February 11, 2011
“This package arrived in record time! I certainly didn't expect to receive my order in less than 24 hours....I'm impressed beyond belief.”
Rebecca January 12, 2011
I ordered dried, tart cherries and popcorn and forgot about the nuts! Next time! The cherries are tender, tart, and moist. Sooo good! I haven't tried the popcorn yet. I'm sure it's good.
Thank you so much!”
Adam , Underwood, MN December 16, 2010
“Just received my order and I couldn't help but open and try everything! The Rainier and sour cherries are awesome! The cranberries are the best Ive ever seen, whole and twice the size I get at the local co-op! The Mission figs, again, are whole and huge. Thank you, and I WILL order again, and again!”
Margaret November 23, 2010
“These cherries are big, soft and just the right tart tang. So good!”
Linda, Las Vega, Nevada November 20, 2010
“My second order arrived today and fantastic. Everything is so good. Dried tart cherries yummy, it is all yummy!”
Showing 51-60 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|